NF AoM nerfed

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
- Realm abilities (such as Avoidance of Magic) no longer reduce the duration of crowd control spells (snare, stun, and mesmerize).
:)

:clap:

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Ckiller said:
- Realm abilities (such as Avoidance of Magic) no longer reduce the duration of crowd control spells (snare, stun, and mesmerize).
:)

:clap:

gw.

Grymdaal

Fledgling Freddie
was needed tbh... otherwise casters would have been pretty much fekked, atleast mythic do have a little clue bout the game..

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Grymdaal said:
was needed tbh... otherwise casters would have been pretty much fekked, atleast mythic do have a little clue bout the game..
Instead they fucked it for all hybrid classes that already been fucked for last 2 years, just only NF determination wont cut it, with aom it would have been good

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
A much needed fix :clap:

Determination + AoM was going to be overpowered, and going high AoM and then getting almost the same mez reduction... I'm glad they fixed it...

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
Instead they fucked it for all hybrid classes that already been fucked for last 2 years, just only NF determination wont cut it, with aom it would have been good

Ever heard of Cermonial Bracer + 5 min Purge?

Sigh

Fledgling Freddie
I seem to remember reading a patch note saying aom doesnt stack with buffed resists, i know this is usefull for say "heat" in alb, but every one has body

Gillian

Fledgling Freddie
aom

phew...I might not have to reroll my mind sorc as a body sorc now......ha ha....tbh cc focussed casters are still fecked in NF with all the low cost purges, det, etc.....so Albion expect most of your friendly sorcs with high crack and decent mezz to be respecced to body still...or to reroll into fighter classes. Coz apparently sorcs are not a pet class (no access to the pet enhancing RAs) and they have still nerfed Cc to hell (add in all the toa stuff on top of NF RAs and think about it).

Apparently we are a power class...meaning we have been lumped in with all the nukers....so our RAs are damage focussed....and no help on cc or pets. So basically we are being told to spec body....or maybe even matter (what ever heard of a matter sorc? very rare).

Mind Sorcs are gonna be a rare breed in NF..... Alb is already behind the cc wars without instants....add a sorc population reduction and alb is gonna find lfe very hard....only option will be the zerg...so whats new there?

Rabid - 50 mind sorc...for now

Belomar

Part of the furniture
This seems over the top. I play a caster, but even I get appalled at this. In NF, Determination has already been nerfed to only affect mezz, stun and snare (not root)--in addition to being much more expensive than before--and now they are nerfing tanks even more? Come on, Mythic, we know you like nerfing and boosting classes to create a never-ending stream of rerolls, but this is silly. Even in our current version of the game, 1.68 with chain grapple and bodyguard, casters come out on top, and this is just going to make it worse.

Lat_Jævel

Fledgling Freddie
stop whining tanks :D

U can still get prg every 5 min + Cer bracer, + u get a crappy det/stoicism.. Good enough if u ask me, and how often do u fight other grps ? purge every 5min is every fight if u ask me.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:

aom + determination + stoicisim would have been so overpowered. I am just glad they fixed it now before it went live.
And I disagree with you - hybrids are not fucked by this change: it affects all tank classes. In NF I would still take a champ over a BM into group.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
mmmmmm champ, mmmmmmmm static tempest, but yah, this is a good change

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't mind this so much if it weren't for 2 things...

Firstly, Determination has been nerfed twice in the new RA list. Not only does it cost a lot more points than it did, but it is also a lot less effective than it was. One or the other would have been fine, but this is overkill.

The second problem is this... for magical damage we have:
Avoidance of Magic Passive Reduces all magic damage taken by the listed percentage.
vs
Mastery of Magery Passive Additional effectiveness of magical damage.
However, on the melee side we have:
Physical Defense Passive Reduces all melee and archery damage taken by the listed percentage.
vs
:confused:

There seems to be an RA missing to allow melee characters (and archers) to increase their damage output to counter PD. There needs to be a Mastery of Combat RA to give tanks an additional 28% damage output, or MoM needs to be removed.

Garbannoch said:
aom + determination + stoicisim would have been so overpowered.
Yeah, right... 68 points (R7L8) to get Det 5 and AoM5 and have less CC reduction than a pre-NF tank got for spending 22 points (R3L2) on Det 5 and no AoM. That's no Purge, no damage increasing RA's, no melee defense increasing RA's and no self heals... :eek7:

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
aom + determination + stoicisim would have been so overpowered.

You're kidding right? aom5+determination5+stoicism in NF and the way they stack aren't even CLOSE to the current det5... and that's 68 RA points instead of 22.

How is that fair again?

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Alithiel said:
I wouldn't mind this so much if it weren't for 2 things...

Firstly, Determination has been nerfed twice in the new RA list. Not only does it cost a lot more points than it did, but it is also a lot less effective than it was. One or the other would have been fine, but this is overkill.

The second problem is this... for magical damage we have:

vs

However, on the melee side we have:

vs
:confused:

There seems to be an RA missing to allow melee characters (and archers) to increase their damage output to counter PD. There needs to be a Mastery of Combat RA to give tanks an additional 28% damage output, or MoM needs to be removed.

Yeah, right... 68 points (R7L8) to get Det 5 and AoM5 and have less CC reduction than a pre-NF tank got for spending 22 points (R3L2) on Det 5 and no AoM. That's no Purge, no damage increasing RA's, no melee defense increasing RA's and no self heals... :eek7:

Remember the insane dmg reduction u get from AoM to dont forget that

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Ckiller said:
Remember the insane dmg reduction u get from AoM to dont forget that
Remember I'll be facing MoM 5 casters and I have nothing equivalent to spec in.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
It's a good change for reavers as it means our weapon proc's won't receive the massive AoM nerf as AoM was bound to draw alot of attention by tank classes, now that it doesn't effect CC i doubt it will be a popular RA.

I do agree atm though that casters are over-running the server, Mythic needs to find a balance between tanks-hybrids-casters unfortunately they've never managed to do this at the moment :(

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
gia said:
You're kidding right? aom5+determination5+stoicism in NF and the way they stack aren't even CLOSE to the current det5... and that's 68 RA points instead of 22.

How is that fair again?

no sane person would have gotten det5

If i was a tank i would have taken aom5 and det3 or so - this has the nice benefit that besides giving you a huge CC reduction bonus it also makes you virtually unkillable by mages. It was vastly overpowered and thank god mythic saw it.

and gia, some people still dont get it that determination has been insanely overpowered in the past and everyone knew that it can only get nerfed. now live with the nerf just like casters have to live with the crap moc and lack of mota.

ad alithiel: don't worry about PD - doubt anyone will get that; it's about as much wasted points to mages as aom is to tanks now ;)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
In NF, Determination has already been nerfed to only affect mezz, stun and snare (not root)
Det has always only reduced mezz, stun, snare.

Root is a 99% snare, fyi.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
and gia, some people still dont get it that determination has been insanely overpowered in the past and everyone knew that it can only get nerfed. now live with the nerf just like casters have to live with the crap moc and lack of mota.

Det was stupid. A lvl 44 mind sorc would see his best aoe mezz wear off after about 5 seconds... Every time.
I find the move very logical, allmost scares me to think someone at Mythic still have half a brain to be honest :)
Regards, Glottis

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry for the small flame garbannoch but I'm really disappointed by this change. Yes no sane person would have gotten det 5 but that was not because aom 5 was better, the reason was that you can't justify getting the new determination. Only stoicism and no determination is 62.5% reduction, then I get to spend 34 points for 80%... that's just not worth it to me and most others I might guess. So most people were planning to get aom5 which was a good deal, a little less CC reduction than det but more magic resistance.

What's gonna happen now? Det 5 is still crap, I might still get AoM5 but I'll be next to useless when rooted even if I get purge 3. Only thing that is going to save me is charge 3 but guess what, I can't spec that.

Determination has been overpowered, but look at the current group setups, no tank only groups are left... only classes getting the shaft are hybrids, it would have made a lot more sense to boost them instead of gutting determination.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
ad alithiel: don't worry about PD - doubt anyone will get that; it's about as much wasted points to mages as aom is to tanks now
That's kind of the point... In NF Casters can choose RA's purely to increase their damage, forcing Tanks to buy AoM to counter that damage increase. Casters can ignore the defence increase because there is NO Tank/Archer RA that directly increases damage output in the same way that MoM increases magic damage.

Everyone gets stat bonuses and increases in chance to crit, but only casters getting a direct damage increase seems somewhat unfair. Giving such an RA to Tanks would force EVERYONE to have to choose between damage and defense or take a balance of the two.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
all these cc changes are nice, back to the old good days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom