Next Pope?

Chilly

Balls of steel
once you're pope, thats it until you die or do something REALLY bad like saying condoms are good.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
We need more popes who get pissed with the congregation, have one night stands with nuns and release home made videos of afore mentioned activities.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
John paul looks like the kinda bloke who woulda done that in his heydey tbh. He looks like a stereotypical dirty old bugger :p

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I just wish he would hurry up and die I'm sick of hearing about him.
Bring on the next hypocrite choirboy shagger!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just suppose right, the Pope dies and doesn't get accepted at the pearly gates and doesn't get let in. How pissed off would he be?

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
~Yuckfou~ said:
I just wish he would hurry up and die I'm sick of hearing about him.
Bring on the next hypocrite choirboy shagger!

Here here

Embattle

FH is my second home
I consider it no different than someone else dieing I don't really know, and considering his age I don't really care that much sinc ehe has had a good innings. I thought being so close to god and all that some would be pleased that he is finally going to meet his maker and they will no longer be able to prop him up in front of people.

Damini said:
I wonder if this new pope will actually do anything to confront the bullshit some hardliners are spreading about condoms not helping in the fight against HIV, and being a sin.

Would be nice, wouldn't it?

I agree, but sadly it won't happen.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
My theory is that he has been dead for several years. The thing that you saw sitting in that car and talking(loose term) to people was a corpse.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
once you're pope, thats it until you die or do something REALLY bad like saying condoms are good.

Not strictly true they brought in a way for Popes to retire (think was in the beginnings of John Paul II's term), but cant see any Pope would ever do it as the belief is that God chooses the Pope and only he can remove them from office.

Do worry that the next Pope will be someone from South America / Africa i.e. someone who believes all the bullshit that the 'Hardliner's' preach.

rynnor

Rockhound
Dillinja said:
My theory is that he has been dead for several years. The thing that you saw sitting in that car and talking(loose term) to people was a corpse.

Possibly... either way - despite protestations of a 'dignified end' you can guarantee that every nasty medical intervention will be used to extend his life - which is kinda ironic as he has supported this whilst pope.

So now he is thinking either A - yes this was a good idea - another tube where? o thankyou...

Or B - fuck me this is agony - what a stupid sod I have been...

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
robopope.jpg

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Ukle said:
Not strictly true they brought in a way for Popes to retire (think was in the beginnings of John Paul II's term), but cant see any Pope would ever do it as the belief is that God chooses the Pope and only he can remove them from office.

Do worry that the next Pope will be someone from South America / Africa i.e. someone who believes all the bullshit that the 'Hardliner's' preach.

Some of those african preachers are fucking nutcases. Anyone see that documentary a while ago about the bloke who went to stay with this african 'healer'. He was off his fkin rocker!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Archbishop Desmond Tutu....he's the only one with a great sense of humour!!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I like the way that on his deathbed, he has managed to approve the apointment of 17 new bishops and accepted resignations from 6 others. Power struggles over deathbeds are great.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
dysfunction said:
Archbishop Desmond Tutu....he's the only one with a great sense of humour!!

Shame he's not actually catholic :rolleyes:

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
Shame he's not actually catholic :rolleyes:

Bugger, its a pity being a Roman Catholic is a prerequisite of the job, Christ could you imagine the ructions if they offered it to Ian Paisley, or Gene Robinson as good Christians :)

Later

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Fuck the pope and fuck religion. Crusading and brainwashing fortehwin. =\

(I do know lotsa good things did come around from medicine such as hygeine and Universities etc but the modern world has no need for religion - at least not one based around a 'God')

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Gengi said:
Christ could you imagine the ructions if they offered it to Ian Paisley
:cheers: :worthy:

Would be good for a giggle or 10 ;)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Wij said:
Yes. Very sad for the AIDS virus.

I'm ashamed that made me laugh at a time like this, damn you Wij. :p

Didn't really know anything about the Pope, but after reading a few newspapers he did seem like a nice guy, and seemed to do alot of good. Sad to see him pass away.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Does this mean Match Of The Day is cancelled tonight? :( Its 22:33 and its still not started.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Danger averted, its just a few minutes late! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom