next expansion

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
yet another pve expansion.. yay ? will just cause more people to quit, and lower server populations below that which they are already at. why dont mythic understand the massive majority of daoc players play for rvr, not pve

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
We're all doomed! run away!
This reminds me a little of SWG
and TOA
and CATs
and WoW
and Guild wars..

and now it's the next expansion!

We're all sodding doomed!

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
We're all doomed! run away!
This reminds me a little of SWG
and TOA
and CATs
and WoW
and Guild wars..

and now it's the next expansion!

We're all sodding doomed!

if your saying toa didnt kill the daoc population your retarded, all the factors you listed except catacombs(which just made lvling slightly easier and not compulsory) have taken people away from daoc, why do you think they need to cluster the servers ?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
The end is nigh! Repent! and thou shalt be saved!!!!111

or maybe not :D

Dukat

Resident Freddy
xtortionist said:
if your saying toa didnt kill the daoc population your retarded

Christ are you from VN or somthing?

Calm down, he said this kind of attitude comes before every new expansion or major change, and that whatever will be, will be.

No need to start calling people retards ffs.

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
he twisted around my post to make it another daoc is dying thread, im asking why we are getting another expansion that makes more pve compulsory to compete when its obvious the player base hates it

Jeros

Part of the furniture
xtortionist said:
yet another pve expansion.. yay ? will just cause more people to quit, and lower server populations below that which they are already at. why dont mythic understand the massive majority of daoc players play for rvr, not pve

d000000000000000000000000000000000000ooooooooooooooooooooom

FU41.jpg

Nothing wrong with a bit of pve, after all, it keeps us playing dont it, personally i enjoyed TOA :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
xtortionist said:
he twisted around my post to make it another daoc is dying thread

So you called him a retard? because that will help. yus. :eek7:

xtortionist said:
im asking why we are getting another expansion that makes more pve compulsory to compete when its obvious the player base hates it

Probably because Mythic are looking at what they can do to increase the length and replayability of the game, and how they can make more money while doing this. An expansion that gives new stuff in exchange for £30 and another 4 months in renewed subs fees is a good way of doing this.

I agree that this may not be the best way of doing it, but as much as I wish they could leave the game more or less as it is, that just aint likely to happen, imo.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Dukat said:
HE LIKES PVE!! BURN HIM!!! :D :flame:
Matches? Oh and i cant resist it:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

About summarises it i feel... :m00:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I am a retard, 2nd rate one at that.

I hope one day to aspire to be a 1st rate retard like xtortionist and insult anyone that happens to reply to a discussion thread in a manner I don't like.

PS.

DOOM!

gothwalk

Fledgling Freddie
I prefer PvE, by quite a bit. Tried the RvR thing, and it's, well... kinda dull, mostly. There's very little in the way of strategy or tactics in use; superior numbers win and that's it, by and large. So more PvE suits me just fine.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
xtortionist said:
im asking why we are getting another expansion that makes more pve compulsory to compete when its obvious the player base hates it

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I hate RvR and Like PvE, so speaking on the behalf of the 'player base' with a comment like that just makes you look more stupid...

Oh and last but not least, the reason people quit at new expansions isnt because they dislike PvE or whatever of inbalance it add to RvR... most actually quit due to the fact they realize they need to buy the expansion to be just as compeatable in PvE AND RvR, but dont feel the World of DAoC appeals to them enough to spend another £20 or whatever...

Not all become as addicted to the game as me, you and most people here, so new expansions will make people quit, but not because of the content of the expansion. Eg. How many people do you think would keep playing Counter Strike if they had to pay £20 for CS Beta, CS1.1, CS1.2, CS1.3, CS1.4, CS1.5, CS1.6 etc. ?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Cruhar said:
How many people do you think would keep playing Counter Strike if they had to pay £20 for CS Beta, CS1.1, CS1.2, CS1.3, CS1.4, CS1.5, CS1.6 etc. ?
Those are patches, not expansions, BIG difference.

idiot said:
:wanker:

This is an MMORPG, with inference on RPG, you want pure PvP, theres always counterstrike. DAoC always was and will be a mixture of the 2, thats what seperates it from just another FPS. As for "most", LOL, do /who Odin's, 50-60 ppl, then just /who and get 250+, so somewhere in PvE land theres 180-190 ppl PvEing...go figure..

Dukat

Resident Freddy
DocWolfe said:
instead of typing doom just type +1... it's quicker

Ahhhh I know your game!!

You find all the +1'ers and then tell them to just say +1 instead of whatever it is they're saying!!

So you are infact, and +1'er yourself!! mwhahhaaaaa :D

or not ;)

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
gothwalk said:
I prefer PvE, by quite a bit. Tried the RvR thing, and it's, well... kinda dull, mostly. There's very little in the way of strategy or tactics in use; superior numbers win and that's it, by and large. So more PvE suits me just fine.

lawlz cause the ammount of strategy and thinking for pve is unrivaled

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I hate RvR and Like PvE, so speaking on the behalf of the 'player base' with a comment like that just makes you look more stupid...

Oh and last but not least, the reason people quit at new expansions isnt because they dislike PvE or whatever of inbalance it add to RvR... most actually quit due to the fact they realize they need to buy the expansion to be just as compeatable in PvE AND RvR, but dont feel the World of DAoC appeals to them enough to spend another £20 or whatever...

Not all become as addicted to the game as me, you and most people here, so new expansions will make people quit, but not because of the content of the expansion. Eg. How many people do you think would keep playing Counter Strike if they had to pay £20 for CS Beta, CS1.1, CS1.2, CS1.3, CS1.4, CS1.5, CS1.6 etc. ?

look stupid ? so does your rr ktnx

Gamah

Banned
xtortionist said:

why dont you piss off back the cammlen general section, no one wants you drivil here.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
xtortionist said:
the massive majority of daoc players play for rvr, not pve
Wrong. Just flat out wrong. The massive majority of DAOC player's aren't RvRing 'the massive majority of the time'. If RvR was such amazing brilliant fun 'the massive majority of the time' we'd all be queueing up to do it all the time, wouldn't we?

xtortionist said:
its obvious the player base hates it
Yes. That's why they all chose to play a game with lots of PvE in it from the start instead of Counter-Strike or Quake.
And anyone who uses the word 'lawlz' is instantly making themselves look like a complete and utter retard, whether they happen to actually be one or not.

xtortionist said:
Oh wait...looks like you may actually be one, after all.

/dismiss

Outlander

Part of the furniture
xtortionist said:

what a killer retort!

that deserves like a banana..or something...

well done! :kissit:

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Wrong. Just flat out wrong. The massive majority of DAOC player's aren't RvRing 'the massive majority of the time'. If RvR was such amazing brilliant fun 'the massive majority of the time' we'd all be queueing up to do it all the time, wouldn't we?

Yes. That's why they all chose to play a game with lots of PvE in it from the start instead of Counter-Strike or Quake.
And anyone who uses the word 'lawlz' is instantly making themselves look like a complete and utter retard, whether they happen to actually be one or not.

Oh wait...looks like you may actually be one, after all.

/dismiss

your sig says give us a co op server.... no comment.

newsflash - daoc pve is crap, always has been, and most likely always will be, its a pvp/rvr game and thats why people play it, if you want pve eq2 does it so much better

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
first of all;

doooo000oo00oooom! +1 :D

and now to the point

xtortionist said:
your sig says give us a co op server.... no comment.

newsflash - daoc pve is crap, always has been, and most likely always will be, its a pvp/rvr game and thats why people play it, if you want pve eq2 does it so much better

First of all, why in the world should svartmetalls opinion be less relevant even if he would want a co op server?

And as for your newsflash; don't know if this has occured to you, but people has and will always have different opinion. That last would be your opinions. If you think that because it's your opinion it's automatically the one and only right one, you should go home and rethink your life.

Personally I enjoy both pve and pvp (believe it or not, it's possible!) and wouldn't mind another expansion even if it's pve all the way.

I really loved the OF when I look back at it, but would I still be liking the same OF after 3-4 years if mythic wouldn't have added expansions?

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
Mirari said:
first of all;

doooo000oo00oooom! +1 :D

and now to the point

First of all, why in the world should svartmetalls opinion be less relevant even if he would want a co op server?

And as for your newsflash; don't know if this has occured to you, but people has and will always have different opinion. That last would be your opinions. If you think that because it's your opinion it's automatically the one and only right one, you should go home and rethink your life.

Personally I enjoy both pve and pvp (believe it or not, it's possible!) and wouldn't mind another expansion even if it's pve all the way.

I really loved the OF when I look back at it, but would I still be liking the same OF after 3-4 years if mythic wouldn't have added expansions?

so you enjoyed the transission from old emain and good fights, to NF and days worth of playtime spent on mls to compete ? never even mind arti camping.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
xtortionist said:
if you want pve eq2 does it so much better
If you want PvP, Quake 3 does it way better than DAOC.

No RRs. No RAs. No levels. No artis. No XPing. No class imbalances. A 100% even playing field with skill and only skill as the decisive factor.

PvP heaven.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
xtortion is the new localised version of glottis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom