next expansion

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone is entitles to their opinion, within reason.

MY opinion is that I prefer PVE to RVR.

Your opinions will differ from MY opinions.

I'm in no way retarded (how very mature of that poster), or any other of the above selfish comments.

Its a personal preference, to want to PVE or to want to RVR, is not wrong.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
The reason to play daoc is not PvE or RvR, it's the COMBI-FUCKING-NATION of the two that appeals to the "majority of the playerbase". What sets it apart from other combigames is the realm vs realm thing. Good in one way, but inevitably coming with its built in imbalances we all suffer or benefit from depending on class/realm.

If everyone wants PvP only, then why is Camlann the lowest population server in Europe, even when it combines ALL players instead of just English+rest/German/French?

If Camlann would be nuked and replaced by a coop server, it would probably still be the lowest population server in Europe, but it would have twice the number of players as PvP Camlann.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, I just get really tired from this neverending bitching between pvp and pve :(

Bit too strong language :(

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

xtortionist said:
so you enjoyed the transission from old emain and good fights, to NF and days worth of playtime spent on mls to compete ? never even mind arti camping.
NF is quite fun actually:) i find roaming grps are much better and more rp's.
and n0000000 outlander:p put ur old sig back:D

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
most people PvE rather than RvR simply becuase they maybe:

1) Actually *gasp* like PvE.
2) Dislike the stress in RvR or generally just suck on that gamingstyle or maybe hate the attitude that alot of people who regularly have.
3) Dont have time to make the ybertemplate but still like the MMOenvironment because of their friends/guild ingame etc and tag around for a couple hours per week tops.

RvR is great fun, but I dont mind doing some PvE if its a good new expansion with some added features (championlvls for example) that doesnt give huge benefits in RVR like ML's actually do. ML's is a must if you want to RvR successfully, and thats Mythics largest mistake so far, I really hope they dont do a similar fuckup again. Artis are a timesink but ML's are far worse imo, due to the idiotic zergsteps. Mythic is working on it though and its gettin better and better.

1337 tossers that per auto call someone who likes PvE a retard or similar is just an idiot and belong in CS or D2 with other kiddos. (not saying everyone who plays CS or D2 is an idiot but.. well, quite many act as it in my experience)

vintervargen

Banned
gothwalk said:
I prefer PvE, by quite a bit. Tried the RvR thing, and it's, well... kinda dull, mostly. There's very little in the way of strategy or tactics in use; superior numbers win and that's it, by and large. So more PvE suits me just fine.

~~.

xtortionist

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
most people PvE rather than RvR simply becuase they maybe:

1) Actually *gasp* like PvE.
2) Dislike the stress in RvR or generally just suck on that gamingstyle or maybe hate the attitude that alot of people who regularly have.
3) Dont have time to make the ybertemplate but still like the MMOenvironment because of their friends/guild ingame etc and tag around for a couple hours per week tops.

RvR is great fun, but I dont mind doing some PvE if its a good new expansion with some added features (championlvls for example) that doesnt give huge benefits in RVR like ML's actually do. ML's is a must if you want to RvR successfully, and thats Mythics largest mistake so far, I really hope they dont do a similar fuckup again. Artis are a timesink but ML's are far worse imo, due to the idiotic zergsteps. Mythic is working on it though and its gettin better and better.

1337 tossers that per auto call someone who likes PvE a retard or similar is just an idiot and belong in CS or D2 with other kiddos. (not saying everyone who plays CS or D2 is an idiot but.. well, quite many act as it in my experience)

theres a difference between introducing pve for the few people who play daoc for its pve merits and making it compulsory to compete in rvr, rvr population declined with the introduction of artifacts and mls because for people who played daoc for rvr, which was/is most of the population, it was too much of a time sink, passive players no longer had any chance to compete

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic will not add RvR content in a paid-for expansion - simple as that. The expansions will ONLY have PvE content. If there's anything new in PvP land it will be a patch download for everyone. (That's been the way it's been so far.. unlikely that it would change anytime soon.)

So yelling at people who enjoy PvEing for looking forwards to a new expansion is a little silly. (And not just for that reason.)

Addendum. Yes, the expansion will likely add new gizmo's that are useful in RvR - That is to be expected. (People whined that ToA did that, people whined that Catacombs added nothing intersting and people will whine about this expansion, no matter how it is implemented. In fact, they're already whining before it's implemented. :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
xtortionist said:
theres a difference between introducing pve for the few people who play daoc for its pve merits and making it compulsory to compete in rvr, rvr population declined with the introduction of artifacts and mls because for people who played daoc for rvr, which was/is most of the population, it was too much of a time sink, passive players no longer had any chance to compete

RVR needed some flavour added to it though imo, it was fun but clearly in the riskzone of becoming stale, so in some ways TOA actually was good for RVR, at least imo. But, TOA was way too much at once, especially for the casuals. NF is just bollox though, some ideas and implementations are really great, but the flaws are huge aswell. Bridges, whoever came up with those should be shot with saltgrain in the butt, and the zones are way too large for roaming groups.

I firmly believe Mythic have learned at least from the mistake with TOA, they cant afford to have yet another massmove from the game, its suicide. Alittle added new fluff for RVR and its quite perfect. Just hope I am right :) One thing speaking for it is the fact that they are making changes to TOA that actually are good.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Would love to see Mythic come up with something radicaly different from what the current/past MMO's have offered.

Mounted combat for example? Maybe as an incentive/reward for more effort you could get different levels of mount as options.
Maybe the mounts themselves could offer different strenths and weakneses. Slower but stronger warhorses favoured by tanks maybe? Faster but lighter horses for support classes?
Donkeys for stealthers?
Hey maybe if you wanna duo with a mate you could get a chariot.
Trying really hard to come up with a reason for elephants too but cant think of one at the moment.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Addendum. Yes, the expansion will likely add new gizmo's that are useful in RvR - That is to be expected. :)

Didnt the champion lvls say something along the lines of allowing an extra spec line into your char. Like Slash for a wizzie lol.. cant remeber i might have dreamed that or something from some newsletter. I hope it isnt though blatent idea they puttin in cos of multiclassing in guild wars. Mind u that works pretty well , warrior/monk for teh win. And yeah multiclassing been around for donkeys years i know. Bring back AD&D . Beholders vs Tarasque on Salisbury plains would be cool. Actually ffs, why arent beholders in daoc, goddamnit i demand beholders ffs. And while your at it, make armsman actually woth playing , i mean give us superiour hp regen or something to stop the downtime. Anyway i gone off subject, but who cares im bored :D

blah blah +1

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
xtortionist said:
newsflash - daoc pve is crap, always has been, and most likely always will be, its a pvp/rvr game and thats why people play it, if you want pve eq2 does it so much better

daoc's high end pve has always been interesting to me. tactics for killing specific mobs and countering their abilities etc. in all my time in daoc i have never seen the dragon die in the traditional method (mostly because of the times raids were, but still).

newsflash - the reason you play a game is NOT the same reason as everyone else. a very small %age of the entire daoc community posts here. more of them pve than pvp.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Personally I think there needs to be a new jiggum for rvr, Im all for new pve stuff but aint there been like 3 expansions or somefink so far for pve and only NF for rvr which aint exactly superdeduper imo.

Gamah

Banned
NF is great, but to make it great the server needs about a 2k population, NF just doesn't work on smaller servers like prydwen wtih 900 peak, everyone goes to the same zone because theres only action in one area..turns into an old emain sitution with nothng happening but mindless gankage.

NF = Great when theres multiple flames in multiple zones, so people can actully choose where to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom