Next (and maybe last) expansion discussion

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
Crafting changes:

- cutting trees would be fun
- and makeing fires from the wood!

- there would be mines, where people could mining, and then smithing.

- u could get some herbs from almost everywhere, so it would be less money + faster + intersting to make alchemy stuff

- Alchemy: some new potions that can be used in RvR would be nice...
- Like:
- that gives + str, but takes con. I mean, pots that takes some stat but gives other stats instead.
- makes u see infravision, so u can spot people in night easier

Special skills:

- you could train urself in climbing, etc, and there would be some small towers, rocks, where u could climb up, and shoot from with more range.

- headbanging: there should be some concerts xD

- Rune Crafting: people would be able to craft runes, if they have enought skill in this. And they could use it to cast some spells once per every 5 min
- teleport u once randomly to somewhere in 300 range
- storm spells, like 10% aoe snare in 200 range for 10 sec...
- "Luck", gives a little bit less resists, less miss...
- "None detection": casters, tanks can't detect u for a bit, even with sl.
- makes a field, where every1 teleports randomly in a small range of the battle field.
- charm enemy pet for 10 sec, would be nasty vs ml9 pets :p
- u could make a low lvl pet for yourself from an enemy's corpse

- Cooking, fishing... U could farm money with this skill too, be the best cooker in Camelot or what :D

PvE:

- there should be some more events, more life into the world of DAoC.
- Like:
- rabbits zerg a place, and low lvls can kill em for bonus xp.
- suddenly, the earth shakes, and it opens, and u could go down to a special dungeon with bonus xp.
- a small meteroit suddenly appear in salisbury in the night. U could get some f*king good ore from it or dunno
- a headless chicken terrorize a village, and u have to save the poor people...

- Realm events for realm points:
- Demons came out from DF with a demon named Lilith, and 2-3fg could just kill him. (but only sometimes, so u wouldn't be able to farm it)
- Dragons zerg near the capital city.
- Evil hamsters kidnapping the children...
- In every year, propeths would tell that the world is going to the end, if the 3 realms not help each other for 1 day to defeat THE EVIL :flame: . That would be a big day, when realms wouldn't be able to attack each other, but go to battle to kill the evil... ofc, every1 would know when he will come, etc...

- Economy:
- u could buy some stuff, that would give u profit in every day. Like a farm, or animals... There would be some random events, that makes your farm make more money, or less, or nothing, and u could make an event quest, so your farm would make more money, etc...

RvR:

- More labirint would be fun!

- Make some walls in the frontier, that could be smashed, and u could go into some enemy territory after u are inside.

- Free the hostages! Enemy realm could kidnap an NPC, and hide her/him into a keep/tower. The longer they keep her there, the more arpees they got (x arpees in every 10 min), and the faster the enemy gets her, the more arpees they got. And not the whole realm would know about this, but only some people in it. An npc would randomly appear in front of a player, and tell him there some1 need to be rescued from a tower ^^.

- Sometimes, a 4th NPC realm would appear into the frontier from the wather, and would attack a keep/tower, or just hunting peeps.

well, can't think about other stuff atm .. :m00:

swords

Can't get enough of FH
So basically you want to add WoW craft abilities to DAOC :p fishing my arse!

ellanor

Fledgling Freddie
expanding rvr or allowing people to attack each others realms is just a point blank bad idea **slaps forehead** finding people in RVR is difficult as it is, its spread out and generally a pain in the ass to get between each keep etc. Adding the ability to attack a realm would just mean that the forces would be even more divided and less people in NF... maybe this idea would have worked when the player base was what it once was but not now...

i find myself considerably bored in pve now its time for pve changes or make an incentive for people who dont usually rvr too much to get on out there, perhaps even consider making the zone .... smaller....?

i tend to look for instant action everywhere...
another thing i do when im bored is to just wander about in the hope of a surprise... sounds stupid seeing a iv been playing the game for many years now, although today i was utterly stunned by the appearance of deamons in lyonesse lol... perhaps we should have random events of spawning mobs, named mobs etc, it wouldnt impact the game very much but the randomness would be nice from time to time, we have all farmed the same spots over and over and frankly i dont wanna anymore!! lol

spontaneous action /flex thought of it gets me excited lol

Watchh

One of Freddy's beloved
swords said:
aye, WoW was first game to come up with fishing / cooking crafts :rolleyes:

all daoc needs (needed, too late now imo) is advertising for more population :p.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
ellanor said:
expanding rvr or allowing people to attack each others realms is just a point blank bad idea **slaps forehead** finding people in RVR is difficult as it is, its spread out and generally a pain in the ass to get between each keep etc. Adding the ability to attack a realm would just mean that the forces would be even more divided and less people in NF... maybe this idea would have worked when the player base was what it once was but not now...

i find myself considerably bored in pve now its time for pve changes or make an incentive for people who dont usually rvr too much to get on out there, perhaps even consider making the zone .... smaller....?

i tend to look for instant action everywhere...
another thing i do when im bored is to just wander about in the hope of a surprise... sounds stupid seeing a iv been playing the game for many years now, although today i was utterly stunned by the appearance of deamons in lyonesse lol... perhaps we should have random events of spawning mobs, named mobs etc, it wouldnt impact the game very much but the randomness would be nice from time to time, we have all farmed the same spots over and over and frankly i dont wanna anymore!! lol

spontaneous action /flex thought of it gets me excited lol
well said :p. Maybe you misunderstood me alittle, i didnt want new rvr areas just for new rvr areas, i wanted new and diffrent rvr areas, where ppl would come, "New" frontiers is getting borring and dull, and theres WAY to many zones for a server like this. So somehow narroing it down, where ppl went, would be nice.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
would love to see df become a co op (server) part of the game an enemy that wants to attack all three realms where it spills out (slightly) into classic server as said prev

:england:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Well it seems so far people are only mentioning things that I would consider free patch material, nothing I would pay for, so either they are not reading this thread fully, or have come to the same conclusion I have, that there is really not much that can be added thats worth £££ or that wont kill something else off.

But a few things have come through:

• COOP ideas for certain zones, I cant see why COOP rulesets cant be applied to seperate zones, like the CO5 dungeon or DF for example.
  • New crafting ideas, sure, but a lot of these ideas should be free in patches to fix the poor crafting system we have been complaining about for 4 years.
  • New zones, again, we have enough dead ones already, classic, Cata and SI are virtually empty, and the CO5 dungeon is only for that, CO5 and little else.
  • New class and race, yes Mythic say one last, no matter what it is, most people will roll one for shits n giiggles but then go back to what they know.
As for stealing ideas from WoW on that, nothing in WoW is new, but no one says "WoW stole that from DAoC/UO/EQ or whatever!"

As for the expansion being delayed, why? Just because they changed hands doesnt mean they have to delay anything, unless ofc EA are already thinking about giving DAoC the elbow and restricting resources, in which case Jacobs is full of crap again, as he has as much said for us it will be business as usual.

Again I ask, think of new things that you would pay for, not things that should have been fixed or changed a long time ago.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
A new race and a new class per realm would make the game more interesting. But with some remarks:

fgs! Not the same class for all realms! If the class is op'ed enuff, guess which realm will have it easier to fit it into a fg n which one will have te hardest time... Besides, i always liked the diffs btwn classes and realms. It would smell WoW if the class is the same for the 3 sides.

I will never grow tired of saying the same: LESS PVE LESS PVE LESS PVE!!!! Even if at the current state of the game is lotsa easier to lvl a toon from scratch, it should be like +10 faster considering the maturity of the game and the community. I dont want more flashy pve zones or mob encounters just to get that +1% slash resist for my template, wot i want is being able to say: "hey i have some free days off from work i think im gonna go visit some friends, play some sports, relax n always wanted to try midgard with a skald, i will use my spare time n make one for rvr" or "guild needs a druid, i will go powerplay this weekend n get one rdy for Monday evening gg"
Recently ive been playin shards and its a joy when u have x2 dmg n x10 xp in PvE. You can lvl a toon and full equip it in just 2-3 hours (let alone the instant 50 rvr shards). Although that would be exagerated, I consider a 1 week time window for a lvl 50 ml10 lvl10 arties toon would fit perfectly for a decaying population. The more ppl in rvr instead than pve the better!!!

Remove some rvr zones (and with them some more keeps and twrs and bridges9. There are rvr zones where you can log in you character and stand there for 3 days and no1 will get even in sight. On the other side, you have the odd 3 bridges n 3 keeps where all the action is, specially with irvr this situation gets even worst.
The boat system to travell to rvr zones was the most stupid idea ever. I even prefered to put my emain/odins necky on n w8 for Master Visur to come while i went to grab a coke, put some music, have a phonecall..... :p
Change the way ppl gets into rvr action. Irvr is good if you look at the bright part: you just rebuff, port n voilà! back in action. But its shiit looking at the downsides it brings: constant zerg at the same zones, 8vs8 fights lovers fighting at less than 5 inches from other 8vs8 fights struggling to not add (hi der emain cementery fights), twr/bridge campers (and i dont mean the old amg/mmg campers at peak times in OF, but a real zerg around DC bridge from 6pm to 2am we get everyday when irvr is in hib e.g).
Call me oldie if you want.

I know the stuff above is more a patch than a expansion, but my personal view of the game is that. An almost 5 year old game is not going to get many players. From a marketing point of view, expansions aimed to attract new players to the game by making it more interesting with flashy new gfx, "pwn" classes n funky races, but lets admit it, thats not gonna happen to daoc with a new expansion in the same style than the previous ones. I would say a very cheap expansion combined with free classic/SI/ToA/Catacombs/DR clients with a revamp of zones, supereasymode pve, class balance and a couple of cool races and viable classes (not the op type like prenerferd locks, nor the useless type preboosted valkyries) would make the deal. It will drag old players into DAOC and get the usual percentage of new players.

My 2 cents :p

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Dark Ages of Camelot: Cataclysm

Years of war have taken their toll on the lands of Hibernia, Albion and Midgard. The rush to the defence of the realms has left their once-verdant lands barren and empty. The population cluster together in the towns and cities, their flocks and farmlands forgotten. The young and old, the sick and dying waiting for word from the Frontiers from their brothers and sisters, sons, daughters and parents.

Suddenly, the sky darkened and the very Earth itself rang like a tower bell. Panic-stricken, the people of the three realms looked on as the land shook and roiled like the surface of a pond during a rainstorm. Lightning rent the clouds and thunderclaps burst like the warcries of a thousand Gods.

Many were killed and the few that survived, hidden in basements and caves or dragged from the rubble of fallen buildings, woke to a strange, red dawn. Strange, twisted shapes moved on the horizon amidst new valleys and mountains. In several places, the sea had rushed in and new lakes were created where before stood towns, villages and farms.

Soon, the first survivors began to arrive at the towns that still stood. First a trickle, then a flood of people packed the roads. Soon, the towns were overrun and these survivors from outside were...strange. Some of them seemed to have almost no memory, while some would mutter or scream about the horrors they had seen, where the ground opened up beneath their feet and strange creatures reached out for them with deformed hands.

Strangest of all, creatures no-one had ever seen moved with the survivors and spoke with them in their tongue. Their homelands too were ruined and they were refugees one and all seeking to build a new life in this shattered world.

Soon, the bravest adventurer were preparing to ride out and try to salvage what could be salvaged of the realms, to reclaim their lands and homes and to best the evil that had been unleashed. Will you be amongst them?

</ROLEPLAY>

DAOC is probably approaching it's own endgame now. Not many new players are starting and those that do have better tools for levelling and for getting gear than running around Old Lands and Shrouded Isles. Here's my plan for the last expansion (based on the above tale I knocked out when I should have been working :p).

Choose 4 zones from SI/Old Lands in each realm. Totally redo the artwork for the zone so it looks like they've been devastated by some massive earthquake. Make 3 of these zones for high-level PvE, with Epic Mobs, decent drops, good ML and CL xp and maybe a couple of high-level instanced dungeons. Some underwater adventuring in the new seas, with the old towns full of high-level "drowned" mobs maybe.

Make the final zone into some kind of Stronghold zone and have Gaheris-style action there, with a high-level keep with suitable numbers of guards etc. that are worth limited amounts of RPs. Have PvE bonuses when the realm holds this keep (crafting, XP, camp bonuses or whatever).

Add a new race to each realm.

Now the interesting bit...make a new version of each existing race (with a funny name, like Twisted Kobold or Shattered Lurikeen or something). Give these 'new' races inate TOA-style bonuses, with large penalties. Allow players to choose which type they want to play. The kind of thing I was thinking was maybe;

Twisted Dwarf - gets a 5% bonus to healing that stacks with TOA bonuses. Also recieves a 3% penalty to all elemental damage types.

Shattered Avalonian - gets 2% spell-piercing that stacks with TOA, but has a small chance to miscast/fumble spells.

Not sure about the exact details, since it would need to be thought through very carefully to avoid breaking game balance even more. All of the 'twisted' races should get new artwork of course.

Any thoughts on these ideas?

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
MYTHIC ENTERTAINMENT Proudly Present:

"Depraved Age of Camelot"

The advent of new technologies and prevously undiscovered herbs have heralded a new era in the Realms of Albion, Hibernia and Midgard. The demon hordes have been welcomed with open arms by the citizens of each realm and the capital cities are now a cesspool of depravity not seen since the times of Soddom and Gemorrah. New features include:

** Naked player skins along with erotic epic armours for each class

** New classes - Whorepit master, Mistress of Punishment and Hibernia's new Beastmaster

** Craft whips, thongs, chains and handcuffs

** Alchemists can now produce physcadelic potions, all mushrooms found in game will alter your graphic card settings

Stare in amazment as the new ultra responsive NPCs offer every perversion known to man.

***12+ rating - the Albion Killer *** :eek2:

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:

no, no...
Runescape for teh win :D

and u don't have to fish if u don't want to, it's only a + money making way :p

Killswitch

FH is my second home
fenrisan said:
MYTHIC ENTERTAINMENT Proudly Present:

"Depraved Age of Camelot"

The advent of new technologies and prevously undiscovered herbs have heralded a new era in the Realms of Albion, Hibernia and Midgard. The demon hordes have been welcomed with open arms by the citizens of each realm and the capital cities are now a cesspool of depravity not seen since the times of Soddom and Gemorrah. New features include:

** Naked player skins along with erotic epic armours for each class

** New classes - Whorepit master, Mistress of Punishment and Hibernia's new Beastmaster

** Craft whips, thongs, chains and handcuffs

** Alchemists can now produce physcadelic potions, all mushrooms found in game will alter your graphic card settings

Stare in amazment as the new ultra responsive NPCs offer every perversion known to man.

***12+ rating - the Albion Killer *** :eek2:

I'd like to hereby cancel my idea and put my full backing behind this one!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Killswitch said:
I'd like to hereby cancel my idea and put my full backing behind this one!

Didnt they do that already with Dungeon Keeper?:p

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Marchus said:
no, no...
Runescape for teh win :D

and u don't have to fish if u don't want to, it's only a + money making way :p
yeh and when u cook it, u can eat it for hp :p

ellanor

Fledgling Freddie
ok just FYI... WoW didnt come up with the idea of fishing and resource collection tradeskills THAT MAKES ME ANGRY! :flame: lol

give respect where respect is due... ultima online.... the one the the only :worthy:

also... thats a very nice bit of roleplaying, beautifully written story but scroll back a page or two I think, although alot of people are thinking the same thing so i dont have artistic lisence on it... but you stacked my idea!! lol :-P

also... dont knock pve... i dont rvr an awful lot unless its late night rvr for solo action and not zerg mentality unless i want easy rps. pve does need to be improved... that doesnt mean new areas just massively change the old areas... you have to remember though that Mythic need to make sure that if these changes go ahead, like a cataclysmic event... they would have to give alot of the material away for free, seeing as it wouldnt be fair if people couldnt go out into the old zones all of a sudden.

However! it would be possible to do a guildwars esque timelime to the game, for those with the new expansion, the story line has continued and it would be possible to progress, go through the cataclysm and end with the zone as mythic intend it, whilst those without the expansion, for the purpose of that zone... be stuck in the past with rolling verdant hills and lowbie mobs. (but then you wouldnt be able to have your twisted lurikeens etc visible to those without the expansion, unless time travel was possible!! lol)

MUAH!

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
There should be an Class specific UI system with unique graphics for a particular class... fiery,ice, earthy ui for wizards etc seen some cool gothic reaver type uis out there but someting more static for each class.

Champ quests are actualy quiet fun there long but descent story lines and prety much soloable alll the way to co5 , i say bring back more quests like that that actual use the old dungeons everywhere krondon, barrows etc, something along lines of Journmey to barrows and kill 20 of every mob in there blah blah blah or somit but these quests would be longer than normal ones TOTALY soloable for any class maybe difficulty of a mobs change to specific classes for = difficulty..

Rvr well i think rvr is pants always hated it dull boreing and never get grouped coz i is not fotm enough o some other bollocks excuse. so maybe make those soloable realm point missions much better n rpees maybe quest them out ie go to midgard kill some mobs in there frontier in certain area use items gained from to go hib land do same then make a potion that alows ya to kill a main mob spawn in youre own frontier for descent realm points something more like 1000 as apposed to what ya get for doing some of the assin missions BOREING..

revamp all items in game well si classic atleast.. dartmoor got some nice named mobs easily duoble mostly give more that drop descent useable items

give more sidi raids n stuff and i mean give sidi a revamp link it to another sidi type dungeon in main land or something where bg can go to each via portal and a descent story line make instanced as well more in bg harder it gets but the better the rewards!! 1 person can do it solo or 100 can zerg it for leet sheet..

rvr again but master lvls why did they even ask us if wanted a 3rd choice for master lvl abilities
they mostly sook especialy if caster lie kmy wizard..Give a 3rd new line Specific to a class...

New toons? why?
give new line specs for each class instead upping there spec points to alow more flexible and diverse spec lines......wizard having chance to spec in earth and fire at higher lvls clerics being able to spec in rejuv and enahnce or smite... makes chars slightly more overpowered but if its done on all clases will just make chars more fun and flexible to play..

Last but not least maybe some kind of ingame Directory Telling you of quests starting npcs with hints and tips if required on how to complete them ... That would rock.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
tbfh i want tons of new races and classes for each realm, who cares about the imbalance xD

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
resist caps

New epic mobs that they don´t water down like Kraken and Levi.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
So in conclusion, no one has a clue what to put in. So far all thats been mentioned are things I beleive should be free patches, not $$$ pay for.

• Revamping SI/Old realms - We already paid for these when we bough tthe game in the first place, why should we pay for them to be revamped?
  • Better drops from mobs - yes, but again its something that should have been done a long time ago.
  • New chars - yes, but is this all there is to offer?
  • New skins, why not, but again IMO we already paid for ToA/DR/Cata engines, why didnt they do it then?
Bascially, any revamp they do is pure cosmetic, and is just to replace something we already have paid for, so why pay again?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Speculations on VNboard were going about the new Universal race/class to be somekind of Water type seeing as they are adding parts of an underwater city to each realm, though still speculations and no real hard proof.

ellanor

Fledgling Freddie
i think your missing the point... yes you paid for DAOC, Si.... la la la etc etc etc, so why should you pay for a revamp that purely cometic... it WOULDNT be purely cosmetic lol, it would, for all intents and purposes be a new zone, yes new graphics... but entirely new mobs etc, perhaps even a new ruleset?

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Hows about a new REALM chat channel like /as But for entire realm. yes lots of spam perhaps but godam easier wya to find groups and stuff than using /as or /gu wuth lower populations...

Couple of ideas for game that would be worth paying for are:

Some role play char ingame games, such as for ie a wizard again but youl get the point a building you can go to where you are on youre own or with friends and you fire ya fire bolts at moveing targets like a duck hunt type game BUT not the i click mob fire button i hit them NO! i mean you use cursor t ocureve and swerve the bolts in mid air....could do same for any class that can throw stuff, Could even have some kind or treasure hunt scenarios like some mazes
An Bg instance MAZE zone that has moving morphong walls so its never the same.......

Graphicl changes to resemble Diffrent times of the year, utterly random coloue plants and scenry growth/ decay

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
ellanor said:
i think your missing the point... yes you paid for DAOC, Si.... la la la etc etc etc, so why should you pay for a revamp that purely cometic... it WOULDNT be purely cosmetic lol, it would, for all intents and purposes be a new zone, yes new graphics... but entirely new mobs etc, perhaps even a new ruleset?
Because revamping is a cheap way of saying "we havnt got anything new to give you, so heres some stuff we dug up from the "to do" archives, and thanks for the cash :)". Ever bought a microshat product or anything by EA then got pissed off because the next edition came out? Pfff.:twak:

Oh, hang on, EA bought Mythic, oh well, its revamp shit all round then...DAoC 2007, "Its in the Game...and always has been!"

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
old.Whoodoo said:
Because revamping is a cheap way of saying "we havnt got anything new to give you, so heres some stuff we dug up from the "to do" archives, and thanks for the cash :)". Ever bought a microshat product or anything by EA then got pissed off because the next edition came out? Pfff.:twak:

Oh, hang on, EA bought Mythic, oh well, its revamp shit all round then...DAoC 2007, "Its in the Game...and always has been!"

Rep for you :D

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
So, what do you think we should get for our £20?

Id happily pay £20 for an expansion that made the game live again. Old lands rewamped. Give us a reason to go back to spindelhalla to hunt for items.

Reitemize the SI dungeons and OF dungeons.

Give us new dungeons in classic lands and make it harder to powerlevel. Revive the game to what it was when we first started, but with a new spirit and new game mechanics and grafics.

Make the game live again!

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
I don't really want/need new big landzones. I like the DR Expansion with his little instanced zones arround the old Homelands. They should continue to improve the Zones we allready have.

I think Daoc has everything now. ^^

Just missing:

- Leveling could be still faster then it is now. (Yea i know you can pl a Char in 5 minutes but its for People who just started the Game)

- Crafting is shit (They work on it)

- Class Balance (Not possible :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom