Next (and maybe last) expansion discussion

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
With only about 4 months till the next expansion, as it normally arrives around octoberish, what do you want from it?

I dont want "nerf this" in here, we get enough of that as it is and its tedious. Instead what things do you want added, changed, removed (dont say TOA ffs, thats old too!) or reversed.

I did try and think of things to add myself, but found it difficult to get something thats actually "new" to this or any other MMO.

I could suggest instanced RvR, but that would kill mainstream which is bad enough, but also has been done by Guild Wars and WoW.

Crafting is already undergoing changes, so thats down to patches, not expansions.

New zones, no thanks, Catacombes was abismal, those zones are empty all the time, the old realms and SI too, so no more maps please!

Travelling, well we got our horses, porters everywhere and the odd flying thing, so again, nothing to improve there.

Changes to frontiers, again, should be included in patches - NOT in a payfor expansion.

New classes I beleive have been mentioned, one that all the realms would share apparently, so mid never got its pet spam class after all. Will be interesting, then nerfed and shelved like so many other new toons, fotm one day - retired the next, so nothing again new to see here unless its got a thermonuclear warhead in its arse.

Bling up the towns/mobs/lands - again, should we pay for this as really we bought Cata and DR with new engines and those should have been revamped with them, only the starter towns got a tweek, they forgot the rest. Mob drops and cash should also be changed but again for free.

So, what do you think we should get for our £20?

Well first off hasn't just about every expansion been released in February? Or are you talking from a US pov?

And tbh, i've not no idea what the hell they could put new into the same. The only new thing i'd want to try is a new race and a new class. Race prefered though! :p

The expansion should only cost £10 also! :<

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
Available from vendors around the realms, normally in pubs.

But for RL, damn good suggestion, I want a refund on DR or a 6 pack.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Well first off hasn't just about every expansion been released in February? Or are you talking from a US pov?

And tbh, i've not no idea what the hell they could put new into the same. The only new thing i'd want to try is a new race and a new class. Race prefered though! :p

The expansion should only cost £10 also! :<
Sorry, yes from a US standpoint, hopefully as we have caught up with patching it wont be long after we get it.

I agree on the price too.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
I would like to see 2 (or even more, the more the merrier!) new classes and a new race for each realm. Also would be great if they remade the drops on SI and classic dungeons so they would be usable again.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Very interesting discussion Whoodoo.

I find myself wishing for a couple of things that should be patches and not an expansion... things like a starter stats respec... or maybe even a race respec.

I don't think they can release an expansion without some new lands... DR came kinda close to that with just the few new zones and people weren't impressed. And even though I agree with you that the current maps are to empty already exploring new zones is always fun.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
So far only thing i have heard from it is that they are giving us 1 race for some realm and 1 class that goes for each realm.
One thing that could be cool in it is like the OP said rvr instances, with sizes from soloers to full groups and full battlegroups :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Pertan said:
One thing that could be cool in it is like the OP said rvr instances, with sizes from soloers to full groups and full battlegroups :)
Both WoW and Guild Wars have that, nothing new and not worthy of cash IMO, and would like I said kill the current RvR, it tends towards leetists, ask anyone who has played against the Korean GW guilds.

I guess the ultimate question here is; What would you pay for in a new expansion, excluding things you beleive should come through free patches.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
what about changing the areas so that you can have an effect in a persistant world?

from an Alb POV -
think about Avalon city - we can take it back - BUT the enemy (drakorans) can reclaim it, would be an ongoing fight.

The same could be set for other areas in classic and in ToA - (fortress of storms)

one thing that i dont like about this game (which is addressed in WAR) is the feeling of a persistant world - rather than simple mobs.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's not going to be out in four months - Sanya said that through the merger and stuff the expansion has been delayed 'a bit'. No idea how much. Apparantly it's still going to come, though. ;)

Himse

FH is my second home
give MOUNTAINS to fight on, like big fuck off high ones =)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Problem now is that game already has what people wanted.

All it needs are drop changes and a few tweaks to things like crafting(its happening)

I wont be paying for a patch that only upgrades loot lists from places like Barrows when it should have been implemented during TOA, even when Cats was released

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic said that therer would be more details of the expansion inJune, But due to the Merger with EA that hasn't happened, so maybe get some info injuly..

At present i will believe there is 1 new race per realm and and i new unlockable(through quests) class that all realms have access too.

:m00:

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
rampant said:
what about changing the areas so that you can have an effect in a persistant world?

from an Alb POV -
think about Avalon city - we can take it back - BUT the enemy (drakorans) can reclaim it, would be an ongoing fight.

The same could be set for other areas in classic and in ToA - (fortress of storms)

that sounds fun indeed, would stop the PL groups in there, as they'd have to fight for it back, leave it on a "XXX timer based" before draks come to reclaim.

Be nice if RvR ment something, instead of who has more tower has DF. Should be able to take over capital cities, brake ports to certain area's.

Add some low level item's, lowbie artifacts from level 5+ (nothing uber etc) update old classic/SI loot so its on par with toa/catacombs.

Give every class opitunety to obtain pets, nothing over the top, level 20max etc. Obtainable by questing only, ie:- named skelly mob is willing to spare your life if you help the skelly's kill certain mobs/or help invade a mob town.
As a reward you get the option what type of pet, healer/caster/tank/archer. Something along those lines, nothing OP, but a fun PvE thing to help you along.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
One new class per realm

Update the older zones like Llyn Barfog and Dartmoor, rework all the epic mobs and loot, then repopluate the zone with new/updated mobs and quests.

One new major dungeon to be placed on the Lost Isles (Alta Fearann etc...). This dungeon is for large groups of level 50's and needs to be the toughest challenge in the game ever, not a zone that 40 people can zerg and complete in the first week of release. The story of the dungeon could be related to the crashed metorite on each island.

Introduce a new EXP bonus system for PvE to promote grouping, giving much bigger bonuses for grouping.

Events. I can't stress this enough, in nearly 5 years the story in this game hasn't moved on and the world feels totally static. Mythic need to come up with some events where the player actually feels they can help thier realm change events in thier own realm.

More quests with rewards like stacks of potions or tinder boxes, basically things people actually want.

Rework the alchemy special potions, make the components actually worth hunting for and make the effects that much better than anything else around. If balance becomes an issue, just set the re-use timers at 30 minutes so they are still extremely effective but can't be used in every single fight.

Add a respec quest, give people another option to the current buy a respec or loot a respec stone. Just make it non-repeatable so it doesn't get abused.

Last and most important, update the default UI to something much more modern and functional.

Apart from that all that really can be done is add more content and I am not so sure that is a good idea. After 5 years the last thing people want is to have to start farming for yet another set of new uber loot to complete templates.

Oh and a race respec would rock as well ;)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
So far every expansion except NF (which was more a big patch and free) has been PVE. We need a RvR expansion!

ellanor

Fledgling Freddie
Personally, i dont really escape from the classic zones, personally I love them and its such a shame to see them get dumped, its not the look, the mobs or anything, just the familiarity, I get lost in TOA, Catas is too far and DR (actually some of the instanced areas could be expanded: think kings crossing quest=good fun)
SO..
Im thinking.. well people new to the game dont need ALL that classic space... why not revamp it? Avalon City has been suggested before and its an idea thats been about for a long time... this needs to be pushed on dev team.. ANYWAY back to classic! lol

DF is there for a reason right? Demons etc... and DR has demonstrated that in the story line.. these can 'escape' why not allow DF to spill out? Speaking from an Albion point of veiw, why not have everything from East Gate Camelot out to perhaps Avalon Marsh affected... with demons etc and as you see infront of brimstone caverns, demon mutated wildlife... the landscape can have a new look, new mobs... or simply 'enhance' or mutate the old ones, where once you used to fight filihd (spelt wrong) or salisbury giants as lvl 20's, demonic ones.. come on thats gotta be alot harder?

This solves the 'no new zones FFS' issue and gives us what we want? Plus it plays into the storyline... in DR we have the invading demonic hordes and in SI we have the drakoron hordes... its about time they invaded right?

We want a new race or races? How about the few enemies that have changed sides? Demonic type races, drakoron races.. both races demonstrate enough intelligence to be played, both can be casters/tanks, come in a vareity of levels so i dont see the issue there and they dont have to be OP, plus they would be easy to select stats for!

Naturally with higher level mobs or new challenges come new items/quests etc. This also solves the issue of Mythic answering our demand for a revamp..

One things for certain.. we dont need the old classic zones any more as they are...

As for new classes... if we are going to be given them, which i think personally we should, especially Albs who really got screwed on last batch of toons... (heretic vs bainshee/whorelock/vamp etc no comparison) the class should be uniform to all three realms... to stop the comparisons, perhaps infitting with the DF out spill? A demonic/half demonic class, preferably something quirky and interesting to play, like what savage/vw/reaver was when SI was released.

Anyway I still have loads of things iv always wanted but these are just my main 'my two cents' :)

ellanor

Fledgling Freddie
oh and one more main thing...

perhaps another way of earning realm points? I know the whole point is from realm defence... but surely something with like Avalon City... that IS realm defence, as long as its done in a 'non-farmable' way where you cannot just jump straight in and find a spawn... actually siege the city, take it down, kill the inhabitants, quickly rebuild and hold it for as long as possible, creating the AI for mobs to come back with a supply line and siege us again may be hard BUT... hey thats their jobs and we pay for it right? lol

i love rvr dont get me wrong, but its not ALWAYS applicable and this avalon city thing would require it to be an event, alot of the realm has already got thier MLs, artifacts, champ quests Co5 etc done... time to find another battlegroup jobby lol :sex:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Enemies finding way into frontiers.

For example, randomly once a week, a portal opens up in an area in the enemies land - ie. dartmoor. The enemy can come through here etc.

Ongoing battles with mobs as some1 stated.

to make pve better. not make it less of a grind but make it better.

Kronic

Loyal Freddie
What about the oldest idea? being able to invade a realm? I know its its more of a patch update, but surely it is time.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Kronic said:
What about the oldest idea? being able to invade a realm? I know its its more of a patch update, but surely it is time.

It is 5 years late, they should have put that in when the game first shipped. All they needed was a few rules to stop grey ganking and it could have worked.

S

Sentura

Give old frontiers. And give special spheres where you can challenge people from other realms to a duel... like in Jedi Academy/Knight.

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
It is 5 years late, they should have put that in when the game first shipped. All they needed was a few rules to stop grey ganking and it could have worked.
Thats what PvP-servers are for, or am I wrong?

Larc

Fledgling Freddie
Kronic said:

Bad idea imo. The fact that your home realm is always safe is fundamental to the daoc experience for me (and probably many others).

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Nemo said:
Thats what PvP-servers are for, or am I wrong?

PvP means you can kill anyone anytime, a Home Invasion RvR server with a properly thoughtout ruleset would be nothing like PvP. For example, heavy automatic penalties for killing grey con players would be a deterant to all but the most hardcore of griefers. You could also code it into the game that anyone who kills grey con players has a bounty on thier head giving alot of realm points and cash. The high realm rank players would soon be hunting those griefers down.

You could have capture points in the realm, that give the enemy players bonuses for capturing and holding. Much like the way they are supposed to be planning WAR's version of RvR. That would keep most players focused on the objective rather than spoilng the game for others. There is loads more I could go into but I honestly don't believe it would ever happen anyway, Mythic could have done it years ago but didn't. With a falling player base there is no real incentive to massively recode the game. Instead we will get another expansion of fluff to keep the hardcore happy for a couple of months.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
fgs dont remake items, cba to remake 5 templates from scratch becous i can get some new "10% bonus".

Would prefer one or two new classes for each realm, something funny, nice for rvr ofc, but not to imba like in Cata.

Somehow i would like a boost to rvr, maybe abit revise in realmabilitys for certain classes, new realm abilitys, new DIFFRENT rvr areas (not agramon ect) but i really dont know how to make it. But as you said youself, anything about rvr should be free.

meerclar

Can't get enough of FH
i dont know if i can explain my "want" properly but here goes.
i want a new class that is universal to all realms that can be any race, is a hybrid, gets to choose its spell and melee skills from all existing ones.
example i decide to make a highlander with slash spec and top him up with 2 baseline list chosen from all available baseline lists in albion.
i would want the spec points per level to be fairly low to avoid making a superman but good enough to spec decently in a weapon and one spell line with a few points left over to get the basics from a 2nd line.
going back to my example i would probably choose the enhance line of spells to get decent baseline buffs for myself and then a few points in baseline wizard fire line to get a bolt for ranged attacks.
someone with a lot more brain power would have to finalize this new class to make sure it wasnt too OP but i really like the idea of an almost totally custom built character.
apologies if my idea seems like gibberish, i get the feeling that i havent expressed it too well :/

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
meerclar said:
i dont know if i can explain my "want" properly but here goes.
i want a new class that is universal to all realms that can be any race, is a hybrid, gets to choose its spell and melee skills from all existing ones.
example i decide to make a highlander with slash spec and top him up with 2 baseline list chosen from all available baseline lists in albion.
i would want the spec points per level to be fairly low to avoid making a superman but good enough to spec decently in a weapon and one spell line with a few points left over to get the basics from a 2nd line.
going back to my example i would probably choose the enhance line of spells to get decent baseline buffs for myself and then a few points in baseline wizard fire line to get a bolt for ranged attacks.
someone with a lot more brain power would have to finalize this new class to make sure it wasnt too OP but i really like the idea of an almost totally custom built character.
apologies if my idea seems like gibberish, i get the feeling that i havent expressed it too well :/

So what you are asking for is 'Pimp my Highlander'? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom