Newsgroup Problem

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Hi

I subscribe to a couple of newsgroups. Sometimes I connect straight away and get the postings. Other times I get an error with this

502 Permission Denied - Access not permitted - newsmaster@ntli.net (Twister v2.0.0)

Configuration:
Account: news.cable.ntlworld.com

I am with NTL Cable Modem BB.

Anyone know why it does this?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Which newsreader are you using? Outlook Express?

The error appears to be server side, so you may wish to check NTLs service status page when it occurs, and if no resolution get in direct contact with them to resolve it.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I am using Outlook Express, yes.

I didnt know there were other readers though.

This service status thing also where can I find that out?

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
This page lists all recent service problems. I don't know if there is a separate page for things like "News Server Offline" though - I couldn't see anything like that on the NTL page. I'm not an NTL user at uni though, so I'm afraid I don't know.

As regards other newsreaders: For starters, http://groups.google.com provides access to usenet (newsgroups). They bought the archive from Deja I think. There's a variety of dedicated news readers out there too.

Miles_Binck

Fledgling Freddie
NTL's newsgroup service is well known for being absolute shite.

if you go to NTHellWorld you can find some useful posts in the forums about resolving problems.

there are also some other ntl news servers that you can try if your primary one is playing up

news.cable.ntlworld.com
news.ntlword.com
newscache.cable.ntlworld.com
news.tesco.net
news.virgin.net
text.news.ntlworld.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom