[NEWS] Lag on sunday

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
And :

E). Continue to play the game cause you quite like it when it doesnt lag to hell and send in pong plots because it's certainly been improving, though the job is far from done yet.

Darzil

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
well i honestly thought that GoA would put something in the news about lag, they still might its not the end of the day yet.

I am begiinning to believe that if they dont mention about the lag then we might not notice it :mad:

Or that the lag is now so common that it dosen't warrant a news item.

Maybe it is better now to cut and run, before it gets worse...

:m00:

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
GOA now has 3p worth of rent to fix the lag, auto renew just went off.
not that they obviously gives a rats arse, but im done.
and dont give me the pingplotter charade, knock 50% off my subs i might consider doing it

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
FFS, WHEN IS THIS FECKING LD'S GONNA STOP ? I have no lag and than suddently i ld. We spending money on this game for what ? For goa to try to play without paying ? ffs, fix it!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
LOL @ the people (like Vasconcelos) who don't see the joke. :D

Im too inocent :p

Could be for real neways, or at least wouldnt be so stranged about it :D

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
I have to laugh at all the people whining about the lag and for GOA to fix it or those who assume that GOA aren't taking it seriously.

I believe that a significant loss of income in this area will not bode well for certain peoples jobs, so I'm pretty damn sure that they are a) worried about it and b) trying to do what they can to fix it.

You can whine all you like, but unless you make a living from E-baying DAoC accounts, its only your leisure activity on the line, an activity you can soon change as so many have already acutely pointed out. I'm guessing that if they can't fix this lag, the GOA DAoC team will have to explain the loss of some 4000 subs to their employers. Not something I'd fancy doing in their stead if it were my job.

So I'm sure they are doing all they can to fix this.

shaark

Loyal Freddie
don't take the money if you can't bring a good service and at least put on the official website the problem.We most now when the lagg is , i dont like to die from that coze, i just died about 2 mints ago from that stupid lagg problem, is unplayble this game and i hope GOA will be broken, why? they dont give a shit about it , french style. :kissit:

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Blizzard has a spy working as networktechnician to geat more peps to wow :(

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
WiZe^ said:
Blizzard has a spy working as networktechnician to geat more peps to wow :(

You know.. I've seriously been wondering about that.
First there were bugs in the server-software causing the server-side latency.
Then/meanwhile there was OT that kept fucking up.. Now that has finally been fixed (at least, haven't seen OT playing up for the last 2 days), and what happends? The Wanadoo Portal spikes 2000+ ms every now and then.

Just too many 'accidents' imo!

As for the "omg, now i'm gona play woW111" arguments.. well, that's just retarded. There's no guarantee that there won't be any lag. In fact, when the US servers went retail, all they had was lag & downtimes. So, go play WoW, I will too, but that doesn't have anything to do with GoA and the 'problems' we've been experiencing.. and if it does for you, well, sit down and rethink your 'reasons' to play WoW, otherwise you may not like it as much as you should.

Minau

Loyal Freddie
Ok, i cant even logg in now... logged in - 10 secs - LD, waiting a few mins, loggin in - 10 secs - LD.. i am now paying for something i can even logg in to.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I actually just canceled auto-renewal on both my accounts. One expires in 8 days, the other in one month. Until this thing gets fixed, they don't get another cent from me.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Btw would be lovely if some GMS could give some answers ! :m00:

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Sendraks said:
I have to laugh at all the people whining about the lag and for GOA to fix it or those who assume that GOA aren't taking it seriously.

I believe that a significant loss of income in this area will not bode well for certain peoples jobs, so I'm pretty damn sure that they are a) worried about it and b) trying to do what they can to fix it.

You can whine all you like, but unless you make a living from E-baying DAoC accounts, its only your leisure activity on the line, an activity you can soon change as so many have already acutely pointed out. I'm guessing that if they can't fix this lag, the GOA DAoC team will have to explain the loss of some 4000 subs to their employers. Not something I'd fancy doing in their stead if it were my job.

So I'm sure they are doing all they can to fix this.

They shouldn't put the servers up, with this happening, and they haven't payed us the lost time we had, etc with 1.70 :\

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
You know.. I've seriously been wondering about that.
First there were bugs in the server-software causing the server-side latency.
Then/meanwhile there was OT that kept fucking up.. Now that has finally been fixed (at least, haven't seen OT playing up for the last 2 days), and what happends? The Wanadoo Portal spikes 2000+ ms every now and then.
QUOTE]

I've seen horrible OT London (193.251.240.9), but worse Wanadoo end (193.251.251.54), and worst server end (193.252.122.14 and 193.252.123.177). The OT London is pretty constantly occasionally rubbish, and has been for weeks. The Wanadoo / Server end seems to get far worse in the evenings (7pm uk time yesterday, 8pm uk time tonight).

Seeing a lot of LD's at the moment, though I'm being lucky so far. If not LD'ing when the raid you're leading is losing people can be considered lucky.

Ping plots submitted of course, so the support team can through them at whomever they need to.

Having spent most of the last two weeks at work trying to track down network faults in our own office, I don't envy them their task. Pingplots only show the routers, it can be switches that are faulty between them, and there is very little to go by to pin it down. It's much harder to track faults on switches than the hubs that used to be more prevalent.

Darzil

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Sauruman said:
They shouldn't put the servers up, with this happening, and they haven't payed us the lost time we had, etc with 1.70 :\

I agree that some lost time compensation for the players as a result of the lag in 1.70 would be agreeable and do a lot to win the faith of the community again, but I'm not sure how good the bill to the DAoC GOA team would look for that.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Awarkle said:
you people do realise that Wow's head quarters are based in france as well as goa ? the chances are their servers arnt too far away (although cant say 100%)

if your not getting the same lag as goa then its probbly because.

1. its not an opentransit issue
2. the servers are hosted somewhere else (although this doenst seem like a realistic situation)

Solution 2 is accually the rigth one, as I have been informed, in some way Blizzard managed to get their connection managed by some other company than OT (I didnt think you had a choise really, but go figure, lots to learn in this world) and should in that way avoid those same nodes that GOA have been blaming for a while, so might be realistic that it is really not GOA who is failing, but some other link, but still, GOA is failing in making the solve it more quickly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom