[VIDEO] New Warhammer video from beta.

saks

Fledgling Freddie
fighting alot of high end mobs it seems.

Swordmaster in action, i tihnk..

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
You do know the history of how WoW came to exist right?

simply, wow is the clone

pikeh

Resident Freddy
All I have to say is look at a screenshot of WAR, then at WoW.
It's really funny how people still are saying that they look the same.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
the chars, run around, they cast spells, they hit eachother with weapons... I mean! its the same game

pikeh

Resident Freddy
it's got goblinz 'n shit! It's laik a Baldur's Gate cl0ne!

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Whats the song? Looks really nice, and i just cant wait for sunday to come :)

edit.. nvm
song is Armin Van Buuren - Going Wrong

danisheraser

Fledgling Freddie
Yes yes...Lets just wait and see how good WAR is really going to be. I've played nearly every MMORPG (dating back to Ultima Online as the first), so I know about clones bla bla. When I say this looks like WoW, I mean that it doesn't seem to be very innovative except for the RvR next to WoW. And come on, we are in 2008 and the graphics looks like (mind me, I haven't been in beta) something from 2004. Expectations for AoC were also extremely high, and all the "fanboy'z" could'nt get their hands down...Look at it now, it is a failure.

I'll wait a few months and see how WAR functions, though I admit that Mythic had succes with DAoC, so with a little bit of luck they might pull off some succes with WAR as well...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
You do know the history of how WoW came to exist right?

simply, wow is the clone
You know the game world of warcraft came before warhammer: age of reckoning right?

simply, you are wrong regardless of the history (if you said warhammer came before warcraft, it would be a different matter)

But back on topic,
it isn't a wow clone, there are alot of similarities on the surface but it is a distinctly different game when you actually play it.

PVE is still a bit meh as it has its roots in daoc but the public quests are awesome
PVP is nice but still needs tweaking (spawns are far too close to each other, dying essentially means nothing as there is no penalty for it)

I am still sitting on the fence, but i will buy the game i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom