[VIDEO] New Warhammer video from beta.

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by ukfura, Aug 19, 2008.

1. ukfura

ukfura Fledgling Freddie

2. saks

saks Fledgling Freddie

fighting alot of high end mobs it seems.

Swordmaster in action, i tihnk..

3. Kouga

Kouga Guest

Looking good :)

4. danisheraser

danisheraser Fledgling Freddie

Graphics are still not impressing...Looks so much like a WoW clone.

5. Heta

Heta Fledgling Freddie

You do know the history of how WoW came to exist right?

simply, wow is the clone

6. pikeh

pikeh Resident Freddy

All I have to say is look at a screenshot of WAR, then at WoW.
    It's really funny how people still are saying that they look the same.

7. Heta

Heta Fledgling Freddie

the chars, run around, they cast spells, they hit eachother with weapons... I mean! its the same game

8. pikeh

pikeh Resident Freddy

it's got goblinz 'n shit! It's laik a Baldur's Gate cl0ne!

9. ciccillo

ciccillo Fledgling Freddie

Good video :D

10. Ogen

Ogen One of Freddy's beloved

Whats the song? Looks really nice, and i just cant wait for sunday to come :)

edit.. nvm
    song is Armin Van Buuren - Going Wrong

11. danisheraser

danisheraser Fledgling Freddie

Yes yes...Lets just wait and see how good WAR is really going to be. I've played nearly every MMORPG (dating back to Ultima Online as the first), so I know about clones bla bla. When I say this looks like WoW, I mean that it doesn't seem to be very innovative except for the RvR next to WoW. And come on, we are in 2008 and the graphics looks like (mind me, I haven't been in beta) something from 2004. Expectations for AoC were also extremely high, and all the "fanboy'z" could'nt get their hands down...Look at it now, it is a failure.

I'll wait a few months and see how WAR functions, though I admit that Mythic had succes with DAoC, so with a little bit of luck they might pull off some succes with WAR as well...

12. JsC

JsC Fledgling Freddie

Millenium ftw :D

13. Chronictank

Chronictank FH is my second home

You know the game world of warcraft came before warhammer: age of reckoning right?

simply, you are wrong regardless of the history (if you said warhammer came before warcraft, it would be a different matter)

But back on topic,
    it isn't a wow clone, there are alot of similarities on the surface but it is a distinctly different game when you actually play it.

PVE is still a bit meh as it has its roots in daoc but the public quests are awesome
    PVP is nice but still needs tweaking (spawns are far too close to each other, dying essentially means nothing as there is no penalty for it)

I am still sitting on the fence, but i will buy the game i think