New town art...the 'free expansion?'

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
I like those new buildings Oo
Ctuchik said:
yes, and whats balanced to Tom, wont be balanced in Dick or Harrys point of view. so how do u intend to do that? u cant have some 80.000 people to agree on whats balanced and whats not.. ud prolly have 80.000 diffrent views on whats balanced...
Looks like you see everything in either white or black where everything is either totally fucked up or perfectly balanced - spend some time in the grey area too.
Ctuchik said:
so why dont u do us all a favour and get a real education on how to develope and balance MMORPG games. THEN u might acually have something to say.
People aren't asking for perfectly balanced game, "balancing" is either to make too weak class stronger or too strong class weaker and even then only in cases when you need education on "how to not realize what is way out of the line". Sure, everyone will never agree on everything but show me a person who thinks interupting ASD and DPSD, pre-nerf Savages, chain CC, BDs, RR5+ Sorc, some of the RAs/MAs and Warlocks for example are balanced and I'll show you someone who knows nothing about the this game's mechanics. Sure, Jack the Armsman may find it unbalanced that Nick the Hero can use slower weapons than him (just an example, no idea is it true :p) while Nick thinks its just fair and balanced - we dont care and neither does Jack and Nick when they get insta killed by Warlock :m00:
Ctuchik said:
besides. this game is STILL NOT balanced around 1v1 or fg vs fg! its balanced on zerg versus zerg as thats the only way Mythic intends this game to be. they aint gonna change their base ruleset just because u think zerging is lame.
Makes absolutely no sense - messed up the word "balanced" with "based"? Besides, when you compare fights between two opted full groups and fights between two opted zergs you should realize zerging is great example of something that is not balanced and is "way out of the line". When it goes to >1fg there is absolutely no balance between damage dealing and healing (when zerging is the game, AE is the name :p) and in the end that is what balance is all about. Oh, that for open field, keep RvR is whole different story but even there 1fg vs 1fg is more balanced that zerg vs zerg and if you meant this game is based on zerging you are wrong - PvP on normal server is based on Realm vs Realm fights which includes 1vs1, 1fg vs 1fg, 1vs1vs1, zerging etc :cool:

Mythic hardly ever admitted when something was "broken" and instead they added something to make it look "not so bad" - currently the game has so much shit in it which makes is very fraqile and small changes can turn in upside down.

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
if everythings so bad just leave ive had enough of mythic bashers, everytime they do something new theres always people saying how its gonna reck the game

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Hijacked thread No 467.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Trying to get back on topic... :p

Is there any real need for a full free expansion? Foundations gave us a housing area which quite a few other MMORPG's had but DAoC didn't, so was needed. New Frontiers was needed for a revamp of the RvR zones, even if many people don't like it what its turned into.

Many things still need changing, class balance, crafting, making use of old zones. Do we need yet more zones in a new expansion? I seriously doubt it.

Deld

Loyal Freddie
I'm a its the player not the class kind of guy, so I judge someones ability not on what their class can do but how good of a player they are. *cough* nerf hib baseline stun *cough* :p

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
Awarkle said:
14 day trial is enough to get people hooked but only if the graphics are are par with other mmorpgs free trials.

Or 15 days for the old players like they did a few months ago, which I didn't get BTW! :touch:

Twatnerfer

Fledgling Freddie
Serdan said:
Hmm, I wonder if we can install this buidings upgrade right away. Its just a new textures, right? Has nothing to do with version of the game?

It has EVERYTHING to do with the version. Check out Mythic's web-site for full details but this graphics patch will only work with version 1.75.

Twatnerfer

Fledgling Freddie
Sun_Tzu said:
I installed the download and it created an entirely new directory ("Catacombs\newtowns"), so I'm assuming it wouldn't work as just 'overwriting' the old art files. I haven't had time to run it yet, though.

It is designed for 1.75 on the US servers - won't work yet on the Euro servers so if you've downloaded it to a European installation then don't hold your breath.

Kittyfantastico

Fledgling Freddie
The new patch graphics are breathtaking, and the screenshots do them no justice at all compared to you actually standing inside and next to some of these fabulous buildings.
So far have only seen some small Midgard and Hibernian towns and Jordenheim and Tir Na Nog, and I am just speechless.

Practical concerns even though it's a graphic update, my graphics card is still managing to run it fine. Some other bits and pieces, although not sure if it's just on the U.S.A Servers or it's part of the new patch.

Instance dungeons can be configured for range or melee attack classes, there seems to be a complete idiot proof interface with hove over menus on things. If you're and old player this may seem lame. Me and my husband find it mighty handy. And some animations have changed, for instance the Valkyrie when she does her Odin's heel/hoof spell, rather than the thane like lightening it's now a similar glowing ball to the pain proc going off.

Very good so far.

Kitty

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
judas said:
well that aint true. but in reality no one wants a ballanced game. the ballance travels from realm to realm. sometimes its mids who have a fotm uber class and sometimes its Hib, and then mid,hib well you all know the drill.
it keeps players comming back to the game when their class get some new cool feathure or makes them stay for the same reason.
now someone might ask, how come albs never get any uberop class.
well when albs gets mad casue of getting wtfpwd to manytimes by the ninjaclass groups they just gather a large amount of brave knights and solve the problem,

Just laughable...
Lets just take a pick of classes who had their shine and say no more.

Infiltrator
Minstrel
Scout
Sorcerer
Cabalist
Merc
Clerics (still best bb and smite way back)

But the zerg part was pretty right anyway :m00:

York

Fledgling Freddie
d000000000000000000000000000000000000000m

you ungreatful bastards its fkin free

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Many things still need changing, class balance, crafting, making use of old zones. Do we need yet more zones in a new expansion? I seriously doubt it.

I think it is not just new zones what daoc doesn't need, it doesn't need any new classes until the existing classes are at least semi balanced.

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
York said:
d000000000000000000000000000000000000000m

you ungrateful bastards its fkin free

Agree with that one

(Might have chosen some other words for it tho :))

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
I cant see how WoW buildings look ANYTHING like those.

They focus on actually looking realistic than cartoony and out of proportion like WoW.
must be just me then, but imo they look an awful lot like WoW buildings. anyways it really aint that important :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom