New ToA stat/bonus cap

Slu

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
16
Read for yourself!


@ lvl 50:
No more 25% bonus from items, you have to settle for 10%.
No more 50 stat cap increase from ToA, you have to settle with 26!


Imo, a good change :)
 

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
153
If i had played in the US and farmed for weeks/months to get all the uber bonuses and capped stuff i would propably put a bomb at Mythic's office.

Then again, i didn't...Muhahaha!
 

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
388
VN and other forums have gone ballistic over 1.68D - Sanya has said she will post clarifications to some of the many questions but it sounds like more will be needed. Things seem to be getting worse by the day.

All of which comes on top of countless bugged ML levels. Mythic are currently issuing credit to people to have repeated ML10 by the way. Which is news. various caviats of course and you will need a CSR to witness the ML that didn't give credit / drop the items etc. Which kinda raises another question. Mythic CSRs on Europeans servers .....?
 

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
19,742
Good foresight on my behalf, did my Theurg template last week based on stat overcaps of 25. Not really a ToA template as such, just a stopgap till I can level an artifact and see what options I have.
 

kain

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
85
one (I say one) good reason to be playing on the euro servers... we get to /point and /laugh at the poor americans who get slapped down by mythic

But what the hell are GOA going to do about bugged ML's? if it's going to function at all we're gona have to patch to a higher version of the game for ToA
 

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
335
Lol, bet all the US people with new MP sets got angry now :p
 

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
388
Really upset is putting it mildly. With 1.68D the patches are becoming heavy handed as well. Begs the question: what are they testing the new RAs against. Sorry: rhetorical question.

As to Europe being better off for being behind the US in terms of patches - no. The patches that have been coming out at a '1 a day' rate are fixes. Fixes to patches. Fixes to bugs. Mob spawns and so on. And the MLs are still not fixed - there is specualation that some of the higher ones are not even finished yet. No way can Mythic pretend that what they are releasing in Europe is a finished product.
 

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
388
Oh - just saw the bit about SC template. Folks have seen the decay problems that ToA has introduced. So much for the masterpeice/99% qual items.
 

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,111
I'm glad I play EU at moments like this.. I started on a template for my warrior with +25% melee speed/dmg.. thank god we haven't recieved TOA yet.. because I would have been pretty pissed off if I spellcrafted a MP chain armor with +25% speed/dmg, and then they cap it to 10%.
 

Aenir

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
101
Indeed, also very happy we get some hindsight on new expansions. Yes, some things will still be buggy, but now you know for example +10% max extra attack speed, you dont farm days on end for items to get you 20%. Plus we know which ML/quest is buggy from the patch notes.

Glad to be in Europe with Goa :).

And btw good things these fixes, I'm beginning to like Toa.
 

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
309
Never thought I would ever say this, but thank you GOA for being so slow

:worthy:
 

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
120
I thought I read somewhere that we were patching to 1.67 when ToA arrives? I think a lot of buggy ML steps were fixed in that patch.. although still a lot of bugs in there. Seems some steps are bugged on one server and not another? So lets hope we get lucky eh.

The yanks are pretty pissed at the caps thing.. they demanding all sorts of compensation lol. Ahh well guess the ppl who SCed round crappy toa items just for the +% will have to farm some more. :m00:

Apparantly casting speeds will still be able to get to around the 1.2 second mark so still plenty of PBAOE deaths to look forward to. :clap:
 

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
805
This is a really nice thing overall and with this change TOA isn't actually horrible (!), tho i would have wanted +25% cast speed :(

And yes, i actually think its only good thing that GOA is so slow, since every new mythic's idea usually just fucks up the game even more.
 

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
281
Nothing we could have done. We all have maxed stats, resists, buffs, and we had the element of surprise so we got the mezz down. We did this 3 times, each time getting the mezz down first, we even used /assist.

I am a shield hero. I can usually solo reds and pruples, but I cannot even kill a caster. Not today anyhow. I dont know what ML's and artifacts there are out there, I just got TOA myself. But when your whole group is /assisting on killing one fire wizzy and she doesnt die, then she SoS's out like a bullet, there is something wrong.

I was trying to hit a cleric. He wasn't taking any damage it seemed. Then in the space of about 1-2 seconds I went from max resists and buffs, MP armor and 2400 hit points to DEAD. That fast.

I am just amazed at how fast casters cast now. With ML's everything is different. You cant just kill someone anymore unless you have these things.

What is the roll of the Hero now? I just dont get it. I think its time for me to hang up the reigns and roll myself a FOTM caster. Before TOA I used to live longer in fights, but now it seems I am made of paper and everyone's using shredders.

This isnt a tank game anymore.
Interesting post from the US of A following on from becks post

I don't think things will ever be the same. Too many people have left the game. ToA brokedown long standing alliances and destroyed many small guilds. People are the backbone of this game, and I know the personality of our realm has changed with the departure of so many people.
Doom Doom DOOM ^^.
 

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
335
gervaise said:
Really upset is putting it mildly. With 1.68D the patches are becoming heavy handed as well. Begs the question: what are they testing the new RAs against. Sorry: rhetorical question.

As to Europe being better off for being behind the US in terms of patches - no. The patches that have been coming out at a '1 a day' rate are fixes. Fixes to patches. Fixes to bugs. Mob spawns and so on. And the MLs are still not fixed - there is specualation that some of the higher ones are not even finished yet. No way can Mythic pretend that what they are releasing in Europe is a finished product.
A mmorpg never comes out of beta. :p
You know how it works, they had to get it out as soon as possible to earn the highest amount of money.
 

grimreaper

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
112
Are we getting 1.67 with ToA? This quote from Goa confused me....

News from a freezing Friday
[2004-30-01]

Patch 1.65

As we announced yesterday, some game-stopping client bugs are still preventing us to patch. Therefore, we decided to push the patching to 1.65 to next week, time to fix these last few problems. At this point of the testing phase, there is no benefit in trying to patch directly to 1.67 with Trials of Atlantis, since each version is very different and having the 1.65 will allow us to bring a much more stable version of 1.67 next month.
 

Vae

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,167
grimreaper said:
Are we getting 1.67 with ToA? This quote from Goa confused me....

News from a freezing Friday
[2004-30-01]

Patch 1.65

As we announced yesterday, some game-stopping client bugs are still preventing us to patch. Therefore, we decided to push the patching to 1.65 to next week, time to fix these last few problems. At this point of the testing phase, there is no benefit in trying to patch directly to 1.67 with Trials of Atlantis, since each version is very different and having the 1.65 will allow us to bring a much more stable version of 1.67 next month.
What Kemor is getting at is that despite the last minute problem they had with 1.65 they decided it was still the better decision to fix the problem with the 1.65 patch and get it live ASAP rather than roll it into the combined 1.67/Toa release. So yes when Toa goes live we will get patch 1.67.
 

Bure

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
9
Quote:
I don't think things will ever be the same. Too many people have left the game. ToA brokedown long standing alliances and destroyed many small guilds. People are the backbone of this game, and I know the personality of our realm has changed with the departure of so many people.

This is only BS from VNboard whinners ... i have been playing some on the USA servers for 2 years now and it have never been so many players online on Merlin for an example like its is now so if you go in game and ask people they like ToA, most of them.
 

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
388
Vae said:
What Kemor is getting at is that despite the last minute problem they had with 1.65 they decided it was still the better decision to fix the problem with the 1.65 patch and get it live ASAP rather than roll it into the combined 1.67/Toa release. So yes when Toa goes live we will get patch 1.67.
Having been involved in software writing, testing and QA I have very clear ideas about what is beta and what is on-going development. Was ToA beta or alpha though?

Anyway what exactly will it mean if Europe gets the 'stable' 1.67 patch? I pulled the info from Camelot Herald to save folks the trawl. I have left out the Pendragon server patches ..... these are Mythic's (Sanya's) headline words by the way:

Dec 16th 1.67 released (after careful testing on Pendragon of course)
Dec 16th servers down for fixes
Dec 16th Hot fixes
Dec 16th Emergency server down for fixes
Dec 16th Hot fixes
Dec 17th Patch
Dec 17th 1.67a released
Dec 18th today's hot fixes
Dec 19th Hot fixes
Dec 22nd Hot fixes
Dec 23rd Quick fixes
2nd Jan Fixes for the weekend
5th Jan today's hot fixes
6th Jan Big hot fixes
6th Jan some hot fixes reverted
8th Jan Quite a list of notes
8th Jan server reboot
9th Jan temp hot fixes
12th Jan Bugs and fixes
13th January 1.67d
13th Jan a fix
19th Jan code fixes
20 th Jan 1.67e
20th Jan 1.68a
20th Jan 1.67e errata
21st Jan Hot fix
23rd Jan hard fix to Bisul
28th Jan 1.67f
28th Jan 1.68b
30th Jan two instant hot fixes
3rd Feb Hot fix
9th feb 1.68d
5th Feb 1.68c
10th Feb Hot fix
10t Feb Last hot fix for the night


It certainly won't be the last fix and some of the outstanding issues are significant - the rapid decay of armour / items for example. Anyway full details on Camelot Herald. 'Guess the patch version on the day of ToA's European launch' anyone ....
 

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
388
Whoops 1.68d is Pendragon of course atthe moment. It also had hot fixes, 1.67h, 1,67i and 1.67j not specifically patched across.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom