New Teleporting Rules... [Discuss]

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else find these new rules of porting... a royal pain, an annoyance and an inconvenience? Having no speed chant, having a hastener with a sucky timer, and then finding urself having to run for miles to get anywhere?

What is the logic behind this? To promote open field battles? If anything it just further promotes sieges cause before you can get to the area in question, a tower has been taken and who ever took it can sit inside and pharm rp's.

Take mids with bled the other night, the poor sods had to run for miles (or catch a boat) cause their closest port was glen where as they should have been able to port to Nottmore. If it was me, id have given up, so kudos for the sterling effort.

Back to my rant; Am i alone in finding this a very crap idea of limiting the ports? Discuss

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
i find them conducive to nothing but more camping, but whatever...we stuck with it now.

Mael, 50th ment.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:
i find them conducive to nothing but more camping, but whatever...we stuck with it now.

Mael, 50th ment.
Stop nuking my poor necro down in about 2 hits :p

And its meant to reintroduce the speed classes as a vital group element again, as well as encouraging tower defence/claiming.All its really done is make keep battles more protracted on the non porters.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i have believe this was somekind? "love" to mids.
atleast OF mids had strong GG:s and this is somekind idea get them back.

we can take tower/s and make alb/hibs run to own frontier -> roaming gankgroups are back again, just need learn routes what peeps use to get hadrian/emain or whatever zone they are heading.

moving around in NF is still alott easier what OF anyway.

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
This could also affect the stealth war in a big way too... now stealthers will be able to hide on travel routes and find individual targets, rather than all congregate around bridges and docks which led to mass popping of stealthers in these areas. Hopefully it will also encourage some of the assassins who gave up playing them after NF, due to not liking stealth zergs, to have another go.

We'll see :)

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Excuse me, there was no teleporting in OF, and there as been complaints about the teleporting everyware, this will/should encourge zerg warfare, if it dont, then people need a dry slap.

And stealthers dont need to worry as they have stealth, so dont come excuses. :D

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
pfft, my participation in RVR OF consisted off running my bard, and getting molested by a savage train, so i gave in, and quit RVRing :)

I'm used to the luxury of being able to move my character around in moments rather than minutes. And in my opinion, it wont promote 'zerg warfare' on a server that has a laughable RVR population entirely dominated by hunters/rangers/scouts all it truly promotes is an *easy* tower take, and then an easy defense.

The thing about NF is that open field RVR is a laughable concept, yet it does n. However old MG's have been replaced with boat drop offs, bridges, and towers. Lets face it, if you want a gaurenteed fight, what are you more likely to do:

a) *try* and find a group consisting of the classes that ensure you wont get instantly killed due to a lack of required classes
b) camp a bridge and gank any stealther silly enough to pop in your range
c) pick up a small misfit group of 2 or 3 people, take an unclaimed tower, and camp the hell out of it

I know for a fact ive done c) more times than i can remember cause groups in hibs consist primarily of guild groups, and defending a tower is a more plausable option than roaming as 3 mages and 1 healer.

Open field RVR... HA! Thats when people attacking the tower move into the open for the people sitting in the tower right? :cheers:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I think the new porting system is totally crap, just want to log when I plan to go out to rvr and go to portal stone and mids got 1 tower so I cant port anywhere except to keeps that are close up to the border keep. It's not like they needed to help the slowly killing of rvr more. I can't see any good in that change, just pointless.

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
To correct you mids having nged 3 dont effect the inability to port to behn, bolg, or crimm. Thats all to do with the latest patch. All them having that tower does is prevent us porting to nGed.

As such...

Mids can only port to; Bledmeer, Glen, Arvakr and Fensalir
Albs can only port to; Beno, Bold, Hurb and Ren

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom