Advice New Tab needed

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My Nexus 7 is broken (small hairline crack in the screen turned into diagonal crack all the way across that fucks up touch functionality completely). A bit of research suggests replacement screens are stupidly expensive, so it looks like I'll need a new tab. What's good at the moment? It needs to be 7-8", 3G/4G (public transport wifi is gash) and Android. I'd probably get another Nexus 7 tbh but there only seem to be wifi ones still on sale.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Also why not tether your phone to to the Tablet when not in Wifi range?
Better than having to pay extra for a 4G tablet.

DaGaffer

Also why not tether your phone to to the Tablet when not in Wifi range?
Better than having to pay extra for a 4G tablet.

Because my phones are both work phones and I want something independent of them.

DaGaffer

2nd hand n7?

Probably the best bet but I'm struggling to find one. Problem is I don't like Samsungs because the fuckers don't support Android updates at all well, and I know nothing about Sony Z3s (and the 4G one is a bit steep anyway). Its actually quite surprising to me that the there's no real competition in the Android tab space at all (a raft of cheapo shit and nothing as good as the N7 in the last 18 months). If it wasn't for their video support/iTunes issues, I'd get an iPad Mini.

Vae

Resident Freddy
What about getting a mifi type mobile hotspot thing and a non 3G tab?

DaGaffer

Found a replacement Nexus 7 at Scan. Good price too.

leggy

Probably Scottish
My Nexus 7 is broken (small hairline crack in the screen turned into diagonal crack all the way across that fucks up touch functionality completely). A bit of research suggests replacement screens are stupidly expensive, so it looks like I'll need a new tab. What's good at the moment? It needs to be 7-8", 3G/4G (public transport wifi is gash) and Android. I'd probably get another Nexus 7 tbh but there only seem to be wifi ones still on sale.

What do you use your Nexus for?

I admit I own a Nexus 7 and have had it for ages but it seems to be used solely as a fancy remote control (for spotify) these days.

DaGaffer

What do you use your Nexus for?

I admit I own a Nexus 7 and have had it for ages but it seems to be used solely as a fancy remote control (for spotify) these days.

kindle, video (plex and downloads), browsing, spotify, all usually to and from work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom