new Subscription Pages

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Subscription Section
[2004-6-05]

The Subscription and Account pages, which were closed for maintenance, will only be reopened tomorrow. We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes and We will give you more details about this in the Friday news tomorrow.

great, more flash <sigh>

anyone figured out how to choose a payment method yet ?

Could be it's linked to the country you specified in the 'Personal Informations' ... too bad that I live in Albania now according to GOA and the 'Confirmation Email', needed to change it, doesn't seem to get send.

great going GOA.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
nope the payment thing doesn't work for me either .. just hit validate it does something then sites there trying to look pretty

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Doesnt function for anyone I talked to.

Well done GOA :(

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Cylian said:
great, more flash <sigh>

anyone figured out how to choose a payment method yet ?

Could be it's linked to the country you specified in the 'Personal Informations' ... too bad that I live in Albania now according to GOA and the 'Confirmation Email', needed to change it, doesn't seem to get send.

great going GOA.

My thoughts exactly ...
If they have taken the subscription pages down since wednesday -just to give me more 'heavy' pages with Flash content ....
Seems like they have forgot to add a way of renewing the subscription.

What really baffels me is the fact that there doesent seem to have been done any internal testing first?!?
Should have been a standard case of:
1) Test the new code internally on internal servers.
2) Test accepted.
3) Switch content on 'live' servers.
And that transition should have been close to instant

Seeaira_Tempest

Fledgling Freddie
According to GOA I also live in Albania and also have some odd e-mail I havent seen before.. and cant seem to activate my sub either. Another fine job for GoA.. :clap:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
My personal details where correct and same since old sub page.

but Payment seems screwed.

I predicted that I wouldnt be ingame until next week. spose I was right :(

jnh

Loyal Freddie
damn damn damn! i just activated my ToA key on there, or so i thought, that page says its active, but when i try to run the client and log in it says my accound doesnt have ToA activated, so i click the activate button at the top and it takes me to the previous sub page which still says "try again in a few minutes".... is this new subs page even linked to the proper user data base or some copy for testing?! LET ME IN TOA GOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
Sometimes I miss playing on the euro servers... purely for the comedy value of GOAs fuckups.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The new subscription site is up however the news which contains all you need to know to use it, is not.
Here then is a condensed guide to the new features:
If you don't have your subs password but know the email address your account is registered to then use the feature to send you a new password. Click on 'Password Lost?' then enter the email address your account is registered to, hit validate and an email will be dispatched to you within a few minutes. Follow the instructions in that email - it contains a temporary link which is only good for about an hour. If you leave it too long you will need to repeat this process to request a new email.

Log in using the password sent to you and you can modify all the personal information in there to reflect your current details. I'd suggest checking that your details match as soon as you can.
To choose a payment method, first choose a billing option and click 'Validate', you will then be taken to the secure site where you can choose payment methods and enter your card details.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
To choose a payment method, first choose a billing option and click 'Validate', you will then be taken to the secure site where you can choose payment methods and enter your card details.
That is how it is supposed to work. Unfortunately, when you click 'Validate', it merely prints 'Sending' for ~5 seconds, then greys out the 'Validate' once more, and does not forward you to the secure site.

edit: The personal information section also does not forward me correctly, instead it remains with "Your information is currently processed..." - someone should proof-read the grammar in the whole tool, btw ;)

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Pin said:
That is how it is supposed to work. Unfortunately, when you click 'Validate', it merely prints 'Sending' for ~5 seconds, then greys out the 'Validate' once more, and does not forward you to the secure site.

Exactly so.
Thourough testing.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
same here no joy... it doesn't validate when it says it is

jnh

Loyal Freddie
my advice... dont fix what isnt broken... it may not have looked uber before, but at least it did what it says on the link :rolleyes:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
You will not be forwarded to the secure site if you have an open subscription already. All you can do in that case is turn off auto-renew (by selecting 'none' as a billing option), so that when the current subscription expires you can enter a new payment option.
Other issues with not being forwarded are likely to be a result of the number of people using the site. I'd expect it to calm down later on once the rush has subisded a little. It certainly worked fine until about half an hour ago.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
dont have current sub as its run out still not forwarded

btw what was wrong with the old system that needed a flashy change ? At least the old one worked.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Ive been camping the site the second it reopened I didnt have any luck. ands till no luck. and no auto renewal on either

TarX

Loyal Freddie
Chimaira said:
Ive been camping the site the second it reopened I didnt have any luck. ands till no luck. and no auto renewal on either
Same. :(

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Can GOA tell us WHY we need a retarded flash billing thing?

The old one worked well enough (apart from the downtime and billing ppl who have terminated autorenewal which I would guess will happen with this one too) so why waste resources of both their bandwidth. web dev teams aswell as creating downtime on this?

I would much rather prefer (and im sure a lot of other ppl would) a plain HTML site like more like camelotherald.com than a flash site which is slower and has much more things that can go wrong on.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
It certainly worked fine until about half an hour ago.

Sorry, but that's not true, trying it since 15:00cet and it just does nothing.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
You will not be forwarded to the secure site if you have an open subscription already. All you can do in that case is turn off auto-renew (by selecting 'none' as a billing option), so that when the current subscription expires you can enter a new payment option.
Other issues with not being forwarded are likely to be a result of the number of people using the site. I'd expect it to calm down later on once the rush has subisded a little. It certainly worked fine until about half an hour ago.
I tried with a non-active account at ~3.45 (BST) - 80 mins ago and that was the result I got. Have tried several times since and not been forwarded correctly.

If it is due to a limit on the number of connections, I'd suggest it would be wise to add some sort of feedback to the user on reason for failure instead of just reverting to the previous state (if increasing the limit is not a viable option, of course).

tqwet

Fledgling Freddie
I'm trying to resurrect an account (havn't played DAOC for over a year now),
I certainly don't have any outstanding subscription and the Validate button is not forwarding me anywhere...

Beginning to wonder if playing again is such a great idea after all :(

Just noticed they've put up the Friday news on the site. Strangely enough they forget to mention that the new subscription page doesn't actually work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom