New start

fiire

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

i was thinking of starting up on warhammer again (played beta) and was wondering;

what server to join
order or dest
and what class is most in need.

oh and is it still buggy and laggy:p

cheers

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi,

i was thinking of starting up on warhammer again (played beta) and was wondering;

what server to join
order or dest
and what class is most in need.

oh and is it still buggy and laggy:p

cheers

All depends on do you want to win or lose?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Bad Civy, back in the box.

I can't speak for other servers. On Karak-Norn, Order are suffering a bit just now and could use fresh meat. However, they don't lack for Warrior Priests or Bright Wizards, so I'd strongly suggest picking something else or you'll always be competing for loot. If you want a ranged class, Engineer is a strong class and not around in over-abundance. Actually a very strong class in the right hands, of which I've not seen many.

Consensus appears to be for Order healers, the preference order is Warrior Priest, Runepriest, then archmage. If you want to play in a pbaoe bomb group as melee, go Knight of the Blazing Sun for tanking or Slayer for (I think) pbaoe melee.

If you want to go Destruction, on Norn as always we lack for healing big time and often struggle to get healers for alliance warbands, let alone pugs. We've got quite enough sorcs and choppas. Healers are the only spots in our alliance warbands that get reserved, no other archetype enjoys this privelige. Magus is underplayed class but there's a very good reason for it. Lovin' coming, but if you want a balanced class right now, this is not it but it really is awesome fun if you are warped and twisted. If you want a ranged caster atm probably best to stick with sorc. For healing, shaman appears to be best right now but the game mechanic messes with peoples' heads a bit it seems. Zealot is a fairly straightforward healer class.

Whatever you level up on whatever side on whatever server, if you're coming back, try and get past 25 very quickly as Land of the Dead is soon with us.

Good luck :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
On Karak Eight Peaks the order side is also underpopulated (unless it has changed drastically in the last week or so while I haven't been on).

Though I'll make the point that you don't necessarily notice the server imbalance a lot until you reach tier4. And also being on an underpopulated side doesn't mean you lose 100% of the time either.

There is a lot less bugs than their used to be, and there is less lag, but still some.

Lovin' coming,

You've been saying that since launch :p

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
If you want a ranged caster atm probably best to stick with sorc.

Outside a bomb group a SH is by far the better class. Most players outside the healers are unaware of the fight and SH is often the turner. Rotten Arrer and Choking Arrer are IWin buttons when used by a skilled player. SH is also a great solo class and also has a place in keeps. A all round good class. If I was to reroll dest it would be my class of choice.

fiire

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for the info, ill log on later and give a few classes a try before i make my mind up

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
don't roll a zealot :p 40 levels of misery await (well, at least 35, not done the last 5 yet :p)

Roll a shaman, not only do you get to be a better class but you get to be a goblin.

<bitter zealot player>

Squigs are ace! Dunno about SH's turning the tide but squigs are fun :p

civy

One of Freddy's beloved

I should have said in small scale fights like SC's :) And dont pick a SW atm. They are probably the worst class in the game. They have a broken mechanic and low dps for what is supposed to be a dps class.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I've been having alot of fun on my riftbot recently uroo ;)

I think you just need to stop playing your gimp ass pink mist spec :D

Rifting with bombing sorcs is incredibly funny.

D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Been playing rift spec this week. Moonsafari was making a pre-made so I switched to join in. I'm not used to respeccing much since I settled on my preferred style so forget I've changed until I go into combat then its "Bugger" then its "Hmm living longer".

mooSe_

FH is my second home
don't roll a zealot :p 40 levels of misery await (well, at least 35, not done the last 5 yet :p)

Roll a shaman, not only do you get to be a better class but you get to be a goblin.

<bitter zealot player>

Only real men can level a zealot to 40 and live to tell the tale.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
My zealot is 30, I prefer the playstyle as healer to shaman or DoK. And yes, I know, its a bit sucky in some ways.

<shuffles feet>

Zealot lovin' is coming.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Healers are always needed. SH's are 'balanced' erring on the side of overpowered.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Healers are always needed. SH's are 'balanced' erring on the side of overpowered.

Honestly 1 vs 1 you can just maybe fear a well played Sm with WoH and WLs, in group / zerg warfare coupling the fact that Gobbos are difficult to spot per se and the armoury of CC you got, i'd say is borderline OPed ;)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I just specced for damage and farmed ch21 pqs with my friend for a while to get my zealot from 30 - 40. I got there in the end.
I haven't really played them since though, got kinda bored.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Honestly 1 vs 1 you can just maybe fear a well played Sm with WoH and WLs, in group / zerg warfare coupling the fact that Gobbos are difficult to spot per se and the armoury of CC you got, i'd say is borderline OPed ;)

almost as much CC as a BW

(the mind boggles at the amount of CC on that class... they're supposed to be glass cannons but lately they seem to be titanium pocket knives with a cannon attachment...)

That said, if you go melee spec on a SH you can throw away all these advantages :D and be a poor marauder*

* one big advantage though: you look much cooler...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
almost as much CC as a BW

(the mind boggles at the amount of CC on that class... they're supposed to be glass cannons but lately they seem to be titanium pocket knives with a cannon attachment...)

That said, if you go melee spec on a SH you can throw away all these advantages :D and be a poor marauder*

* one big advantage though: you look much cooler...

Do you mean the totally worthless root that doesn't hit the target half the time and breaks the other half?

Or do you mean the PBAOE stun/single target stun morales 2&3that are up once per minute at best (often less due to build-up time on morales)?

The only other CC available is Stop, Drop & Roll which is single target (and top of a spec line nobody goes into beyond the first ability now) or Withering Heat (snare in the line nobody specs in).

You definitely can't count Backdraft in the Conflag line since it's bugged to crap and doesn't hit any model that isn't at the same Z as you most of the time...

If you want to talk truly digusting amounts of CC, talk about a defensive specced IB/Blackguard or a tri-spec SH/SW (KD, KB, Silence, Disarm, Disorient - all on <30s CD...Lets not perpetuate the myth that the BW is OP in terms of CC eh?

PS: Even my AM eats melee spec SH's for breakfast, let alone my SM..

Nate

FH is my second home
AM's are proper overpowered when they get their Cone Helmet! It splits Black Orcs in half!!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Do you mean the totally worthless root that doesn't hit the target half the time and breaks the other half?

Or do you mean the PBAOE stun/single target stun morales 2&3that are up once per minute at best (often less due to build-up time on morales)?

The only other CC available is Stop, Drop & Roll which is single target (and top of a spec line nobody goes into beyond the first ability now) or Withering Heat (snare in the line nobody specs in).

You definitely can't count Backdraft in the Conflag line since it's bugged to crap and doesn't hit any model that isn't at the same Z as you most of the time...

If you want to talk truly digusting amounts of CC, talk about a defensive specced IB/Blackguard or a tri-spec SH/SW (KD, KB, Silence, Disarm, Disorient - all on <30s CD...Lets not perpetuate the myth that the BW is OP in terms of CC eh?

PS: Even my AM eats melee spec SH's for breakfast, let alone my SM..

Sorry should have said utility ;) wtf does a BW get a cure dot spell for :p
(it's on a 10s countdown and probably not that useful but ffs :p)

Snare on your focus DD...
You get silence, disarm, knockdown, root (and it's not tied to a stupid pet!)

More CC than the magus/engineer which are supposedly utility rdps...

And BW's roots seem to stick more than my SH's :p (ain't perspective ace?:))

I need to play a SW to higher levels but on paper they really shouldn't be that crap... wardb has them has having 33% base damage more than the equivalent squig herder abilities? is that right or is that just someone with stats using curse client and picking up new values and someone with crap stats being picked up for the SH?
Combine that with your stances giving you stat bonuses as well as the range/armour etc. (and your armour isn't easily killed :p *grumble*) they should be half decent...

Or is it just a case of the SW being like the Magus - thanks to a few key tactics missing they're crippled?
(1s plink is ace... but it's really only 1.5s plink which isn't quite as good - the 2s version is noticeably slower to cast but almost bearable since the cast time fix they put in. Same complaint as magus vs engineer with the range tactic...)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
AM's are proper overpowered when they get their Cone Helmet! It splits Black Orcs in half!!

I've decided that people who play elves whine more :p AMs/WLs/SWs/SMs all whine like crazy on the boards...

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
It would be nice if some1 directed me to the BW disarm.
I'm too gimped to find it.

Also snare and knockdown ( outside the morales) aren't baseline, but rather high up the DoT spec ( not the most popular or bursty spec atm).

Danita

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I need to play a SW to higher levels but on paper they really shouldn't be that crap... wardb has them has having 33% base damage more than the equivalent squig herder abilities? is that right or is that just someone with stats using curse client and picking up new values and someone with crap stats being picked up for the SH?
Combine that with your stances giving you stat bonuses as well as the range/armour etc. (and your armour isn't easily killed :p *grumble*) they should be half decent...

THe stances are a handicap. The bonuses you get dont stack up with the disadvantages. Unlike a SH you are locked out of abilities unless you swap stance to use thyem which then puts you on a 5 sec CD to get back to your main stance.

As a example take Assault buff. Doubles your armour which sounds great untill you get armour debuffed, which then takes it off your base armour and you end up with a double debuff.

Scout stance has the problem of no 1 sec plink tactic and with the new change to M2, the big hits from festering arrow are gone. 100% dmg > 100% crit. Then there are the ranges. You would expect skills in this tree to all be the same but, there are a number of vital skills that are shorter range which forces you closer if you want to use more than 2 skills.

Skirmish stance rquires you to be within 45 feet to gain tactic bonuses. Where a SH get tactics to increas range a SW gets tactics to reduce range.

I'm not bitter honest;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Although I don't know much about specific SW issues, I do know Festering Arrow was doing a very insane amount of damage.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry should have said utility ;) wtf does a BW get a cure dot spell for :p
(it's on a 10s countdown and probably not that useful but ffs :p)

Snare on your focus DD...
You get silence, disarm, knockdown, root (and it's not tied to a stupid pet!)

More CC than the magus/engineer which are supposedly utility rdps...

And BW's roots seem to stick more than my SH's :p (ain't perspective ace?:))
Heh i'll give you that - Roots generally in this game are a waste of a GCD with all the AoE flying around and the fact that they can be avoided by jumping half the time...

We do get a cure debuff spell generally - but as you say - most BW's don't use it (the one big except being to remove word of pain - trust me we use it instantly when we see that as a good WoP crit will cut our hps in half!). That and for removing movement dots (it bugs and won't remove roots or snares over half the time :( ).

As i pointed out the focus DD is in Immolation which now in 1.3, NOBODY will be speccing for as it's damage is godawful, and it's major utility spell (the knockdown - SDR) has a 3 second cast time effectively (as you need to apply ignite and wait for the first tick before hitting SDR so 2 full GCD's - if you don't wait SDR often goes onto cooldown, but doesn't knockdown the target - irritating bug). Also it's recast is 30 seconds, and it only lasts 2 seconds...

Pick any 10 BW's you see today when playing, i'd be amazed if you find more than one specced for SDR (the KD). (Hint, you can tell an immo spec BW as they will use WH a lot - if they aint using it at least 40-50% of the time (obvious cast animation) they aint immo spec. It's just a sub-par line compared to Incin and Conflag. Incin delivers better single target dps, Conflag delivers better AoE dps and utility (with the admittedly buggy AoE KB).

We don't get a disarm, at all. In any line, or baseline, or morale. Not sure what you're thinking of here.

I agree that we probably need our silence and AoE stun morale removed or toned down significantly. Personally i'd remove ALL cc from any burst dps class, as well as all anti-CC as i feel that crossing utility with dps is very powerful (cookie cutter spec Sorc or Cabby in DAoC for example). I think people should make a choice when speccing as to whether they want dps, utillity or healing.

So i actually agree with your point, while disagreeing with the rationale leading to it. Heh :iagree:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Heh i'll give you that - Roots generally in this game are a waste of a GCD with all the AoE flying around and the fact that they can be avoided by jumping half the time...

I love my root. It messes up the coordination of the endless horde of Order bomb groups. It doesn't need to last long.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I love my root. It messes up the coordination of the endless horde of Order bomb groups. It doesn't need to last long.

Said horde isn't going to be around much longer with the nerf of R&D coming up shortly...

Personally i've gotten quite bored of bomb groups on my BW, and mostly run an odd Immo-Incin spec with both FBB and WH to give me 24/7 channeled DD ability for those tough targets like Chosen :)

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Although I don't know much about specific SW issues, I do know Festering Arrow was doing a very insane amount of damage.

It did the same has a high crit WoP except festering needed 2 tactics loaded and blowing 2 long cd skills and a morale then using a long cast skill. All this while hoping they dont run out of range and you crit.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
We don't get a disarm, at all. In any line, or baseline, or morale. Not sure what you're thinking of here.

I agree that we probably need our silence and AoE stun morale removed or toned down significantly. Personally i'd remove ALL cc from any burst dps class, as well as all anti-CC as i feel that crossing utility with dps is very powerful (cookie cutter spec Sorc or Cabby in DAoC for example). I think people should make a choice when speccing as to whether they want dps, utillity or healing.

So i actually agree with your point, while disagreeing with the rationale leading to it. Heh :iagree:

Hehe :) I think I was looking at the AP drain (looks like it should be a disarm ;))

Glad you agree though (well half-agree ;))

If I could spec immolation on my SH I would :p 1000 pt ticks on "Lots of arrers" would be nicer than 70 pt ticks ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom