TV new star trek series!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Read that, cannot fucking wait. The world has been bleak with a Star Trek series.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I would love a Star Trek series based on the Black Ship from the latest film. Not the nice guy Star Trek but the arse kicking side of the Federation.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
New Trek or old Trek? It has to be new, doesn't it?

Which is a shame tbh.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
I would love a Star Trek series based on the Black Ship from the latest film. Not the nice guy Star Trek but the arse kicking side of the Federation.

wasnt that deep space nine? sisko was bad ass

personally hoping its set beyond the timeline of what we know about already ive read a few articles about ideas that have been submitted. it could be star trek but not in a form we know

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nah, it was the warship from the latest movie.

Usually the ships are exploration ships rather than combat ships, the Defiant in DS9 was combat I think but not really used all that much.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
wasnt that deep space nine? sisko was bad ass

personally hoping its set beyond the timeline of what we know about already ive read a few articles about ideas that have been submitted. it could be star trek but not in a form we know

Well, seeing as how they no longer need spaceships and have defeated death; I would imagine it could be a very different form from the one we know.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
your sorta on the right track dagaffer one of the ideas i read about that had been submitted was a federation that had fell into a lull of sorts overly smug at its own greatness until something (no idea what probably an invasion) hits the federation hard. and its about rebuilding and finding its way again. of the ideas ive read about tbh this is the one id like to see happen.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
a federation that had fell into a lull of sorts overly smug at its own greatness until something hits the federation hard.

That's the premise for basically every trek movie since the dawn of time fgs.. :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
How the fuck did the last Star Trek fail with this in it

jolene-blalock-enterprise-c0bf48e53cddc6c8a5953804efdbd4eb-large-69138.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Because it was terrible and had some sort of Brian Adams song as the intro.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How the fuck did the last Star Trek fail with this in it
Because she was very very emotional. But the main thing was that the ethos of trek just wasn't there so the trekkies couldn't be arsed with it.

So when they did the new films they gave up any pretence of a more highly developed society and economy, and science fiction, and made a crowd-pleasing action flick instead.

Made loads of money, but there ain't been any actual star trek in a long long time. And prolly will never be again.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Enterprise seasons 3 and 4 were actually pretty good. It's a shame they decided to shit all over it by ending it in season 4 with fat Riker and old Troi. What an insult.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
This thread reads like a bunch of old men whining that everything was better in the old days

It wasnt, move on!

New trek and new ideas yay :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
enterprise was pretty good tbh it was just a horrible premature ending. and the current films which i do enjoy are worrying me slightly that the new tv series will follow in the same vein. love action but star trek is so much more

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It wasnt, move on!
It was tho.

I'm all for new ideas, in the original star trek framework. It was that framework (the socioeconomic structure that Gene Rodenberry placed the universe in) that made Star Trek unique in so many ways.

The new films take the universe out of that structure. Therefore = not star trek.

Get all the new ideas and put it back in that old structure and all the trekkies would come back on board eagerly. In a massive fanboi fashion - because that's what they are. But if you take away the spirit of it then what's the point?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
First interacial kiss on American TV.

Truly scientific approach, opened my eyes to the possibilities of the Universe and I collected all the bubblegum cards.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This thread reads like a bunch of old men whining that everything was better in the old days

It wasnt, move on!

New trek and new ideas yay :)

Said it before, and I'll say it again, nuTrek is dogshit. Spangly dogshit, but dogshit nonetheless. Not because I give a crap about new timelines or new actors, that's fine; but because they are badly plotted bollocks and they've written themselves into a corner. When the Original series was made they wrote themselves into corners all the time, because no-one expected the show to last more than a few years and then be forgotten; but that didn't happen, so when TNG came along they had to pay attention to backstory, create a bible for the universe they were creating and not do anything to mess things up, through continuity or by messing with the dynamics of the various protagonists. They messed it up sometimes and had to change things (e.g. The Borg were an existential threat in TNG but had to be nerfed in Voyager or the show would have been over after the first series) but by an large they were really good at creating the fabric of a universe (the kind of thing the MCU is excelling at at the moment). NuTrek has buggered that up. I joked about not needing spaceships in an earlier post, but they don't need spaceships! Kind of makes a show about spaceships a bit tricky doesn't it? So, they're either going to ignore the issue (and superblood) or they're going to have to nerf these concepts in the next film/tv series. If they ignore it, it will set my and many other people's teeth on edge because its lazy bullshit writing (and I recognize that most people don't give a toss, but I do), and if they handwave it away (superblood makes your balls fall off, trans-warp beaming drops your IQ to less than a Roberto Orci, that kind of thing), then it acknowledges that both ideas were lazy plot devices to mask poor writing in the first place.

But hey, enjoy your lens flare.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
As long as there's an equivalent Sex Counselor Troi.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I zoomed in on the agree button on @DaGaffer's post so it was the size of my entire phone screen before I pressed it.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Im guessingthat with transwarp beaming flying about in space becomes a little pointless

Just beam yourself where you want to go

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This. They've created a maguffin that actually renders core of the show pointless.
Because they treat it as fantasy rather than giving even cursory lip service to science fiction. :(

Fweddy

FH is my second home
What Scouse and DaGaffer said. Abrams' treatment of the Star Trek films is why I was so disappointed when they announced he'd be directing Star Wars.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What Scouse and DaGaffer said. Abrams' treatment of the Star Trek films is why I was so disappointed when they announced he'd be directing Star Wars.
On this I disagree tho. I think what he did for Star Trek will be perfect for Star Wars - as Star Wars was always just a fantasy in a space setting. There's no rules for him to break and his direction of action will fit it perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom