TV New Season!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
That's actually better than the Disney series will be.

At least he's teaching people things :)
Poopoopoopoopoopoo

The Disney star wars series so far have been good you miserable old man.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Disney star wars series so far have been good you miserable old man.
Mando was OK. Fun in a distracting kind of way but really just a bit better than OK.

Everybody who's watched Boba Fett tells me that it's utter gash in terms of it trashing the 1980's character. But just because it's you I'll give it a go.

Once I've fed my geese I'll set sail ;)

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Boba was awful

From my perspective, I've enjoyed both Mandalorian and Boba Fett.

*Not a StarWars fan or purist, haven't even seen all the movies. With the context that I have on Star Wars, both shows have been enjoyable to watch. Production value is good, sound / picture is good, acting is not bad, and the plots were definetely interesting. Again, taken as standalone, they are good shows.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
*Not a StarWars fan or purist
This is the thing - if you grew up with Star Wars then you realise how badly shat on the franchise has been.

George Lucas said he felt like he'd sold his children (and he's clearly not happy with what they've done with it).

Same with Mr Abrams for Star Trek IMO. In one fell swoop of the new movies they obviated the need for spaceships - they can simply transport across space to other planets.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
This is the thing - if you grew up with Star Wars then you realise how badly shat on the franchise has been.

George Lucas said he felt like he'd sold his children (and he's clearly not happy with what they've done with it).

Same with Mr Abrams for Star Trek IMO. In one fell swoop of the new movies they obviated the need for spaceships - they can simply transport across space to other planets.

On the Trek side I agree - i'm as much of a fan of Trek as I am of SW (not particularly), but SG:U and Discovery are not very good shows. New Worlds is showing some promise, returning to the formulaic success of Trek, with none of that silly sp
ore drivel.

Edit: On the fence with Picard, it still feels like it doesn't know what it wants to be.

Gwadien

It's a shame Halo tried to have a story line, they should have gone full popcorn munch series.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I think big mistake Disney did with Star Wars, from fan perspective they made off like bandits money wise from the deal, was to not trust Favreau and Filoni earlier. The clone wars shows were brilliantly done and Mando and co shows that Star Wars works great as a series rather than huge high pressure movies.

The best thing they did is keep George Lucas the hell away that guy is nuts, he had a great original idea but it was others that made it great tbh

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The best thing they did is keep George Lucas the hell away that guy
Disagree. Even though the second set of movies were shite, they're orders of magnitude more "star wars" than the new piles of shite.

What Lucas needed was to be surrounded by people who weren't "yes men" - in a similar way that Peter Jackson was surrounded by people who didn't go "you know what Peter, when you stuck to Tolkein's plot and writing that's when the films are best -but when you do your own thing it's a bag of wank"...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I think big mistake Disney did with Star Wars, from fan perspective they made off like bandits money wise from the deal, was to not trust Favreau and Filoni earlier. The clone wars shows were brilliantly done and Mando and co shows that Star Wars works great as a series rather than huge high pressure movies.

The best thing they did is keep George Lucas the hell away that guy is nuts, he had a great original idea but it was others that made it great tbh
Not convinced the sequels are any better than the prequels tbh. TFA was OK, the other two dire.

Only good film for the last few decades was Rogue One.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm really enjoying Strange New Worlds. It's really well done. And Picard.....yeah I'm still a little on the fence, but the season 2 finale is really good.

Discovery though, there are all kinds of technical issues with that. The sound quality on the voices is dire, because (according to a freelancers forum I'm on) the costume department would not allow the sound crew to install microphones in the costumes, they were forced to bury them behind. And the shots mean that booms can't be used. So it sounds muffled and compressed as fuck. And with constant annoying background music. And I still don't know the names of the characters, other than Burnham, Suroo [sic] and Tilly. The rest are just faces. That's really poor storytelling. For the audience to actually care about a series, we need to know something about the characters. STTNG did that with all the bridge crew and the supporting cast. The new series haven't bothered, they've just gone with grand storylines (apart from SNW).

Older Star Trek was always about the people first, the technology second. In fact the latter was just a means of moving the former along.

PS I love Mando and Boba Fett. Who the hell doesn't enjoy watching Angry Chewie, or a Rancor owning the shit out of things?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm really enjoying Strange New Worlds. It's really well done. And Picard.....yeah I'm still a little on the fence, but the season 2 finale is really good.

Discovery though, there are all kinds of technical issues with that. The sound quality on the voices is dire, because (according to a freelancers forum I'm on) the costume department would not allow the sound crew to install microphones in the costumes, they were forced to bury them behind. And the shots mean that booms can't be used. So it sounds muffled and compressed as fuck. And with constant annoying background music. And I still don't know the names of the characters, other than Burnham, Suroo [sic] and Tilly. The rest are just faces. That's really poor storytelling. For the audience to actually care about a series, we need to know something about the characters. STTNG did that with all the bridge crew and the supporting cast. The new series haven't bothered, they've just gone with grand storylines (apart from SNW).

Older Star Trek was always about the people first, the technology second. In fact the latter was just a means of moving the former along.

PS I love Mando and Boba Fett. Who the hell doesn't enjoy watching Angry Chewie, or a Rancor owning the shit out of things?
You only need to know Admiral Vance for Discovery, Saru can have a pass as well. The rest can all just disappear.

SNW is shaping up nicely, although the whole
I'm a superhuman special person
in the last episode is a bit "meh" as everyone already liked that character the way she was.

Gwadien

I quite liked the character development of Saru when he went back to his home planet but the one in the latest season is cringe.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The first half of the last season of Better Call Saul is done. Oh my fucking god.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's a shame Halo tried to have a story line, they should have gone full popcorn munch series.
I'm actually enjoying it. It's kind of pap but they've had a good shot at it tbh.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thoughts on Obi anywan? ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Thoughts on Obi anywan? ;)

Annoying precocious child fucks things up. How original.

Supposed to be scary Sith lady is not. And yes she clearly has "daddy" issues with Obi Wan abandoning her because she was a youngling or something.

Other than that it was fine.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
We liked the first two episodes although my husband concurs with the spoiler above….
Also started stranger things 4 - super scary tbh :/

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Also started stranger things 4 - super scary tbh :/

There's now a certain scene in that show where I have to look away.

Anything involving eyes being ripped out, mushed in - Haunts me. Same thing with Kill Bill 2. Ew.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Ok, yes, I'm late to the party.

True Detective season 1 - brilliant.
True Detective season 2 - erm, VV held it together but super messy.
True Detective season 3 - just started it. It's OK so far.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
True Detective's great. I just saw the other day Jodie Foster's going to be in the 4th season, which they're already filming.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok, yes, I'm late to the party.

True Detective season 1 - brilliant.
True Detective season 2 - erm, VV held it together but super messy.
True Detective season 3 - just started it. It's OK so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom