TV New Season!

Scouse

Dennis Quaid lover
FH Subscriber
The Disney star wars series so far have been good you miserable old man.
Mando was OK. Fun in a distracting kind of way but really just a bit better than OK.

Everybody who's watched Boba Fett tells me that it's utter gash in terms of it trashing the 1980's character. But just because it's you I'll give it a go.

Once I've fed my geese I'll set sail ;)

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Boba was awful
From my perspective, I've enjoyed both Mandalorian and Boba Fett.

*Not a StarWars fan or purist, haven't even seen all the movies. With the context that I have on Star Wars, both shows have been enjoyable to watch. Production value is good, sound / picture is good, acting is not bad, and the plots were definetely interesting. Again, taken as standalone, they are good shows.

Scouse

Dennis Quaid lover
FH Subscriber
*Not a StarWars fan or purist
This is the thing - if you grew up with Star Wars then you realise how badly shat on the franchise has been.

George Lucas said he felt like he'd sold his children (and he's clearly not happy with what they've done with it).

Same with Mr Abrams for Star Trek IMO. In one fell swoop of the new movies they obviated the need for spaceships - they can simply transport across space to other planets.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
This is the thing - if you grew up with Star Wars then you realise how badly shat on the franchise has been.

George Lucas said he felt like he'd sold his children (and he's clearly not happy with what they've done with it).

Same with Mr Abrams for Star Trek IMO. In one fell swoop of the new movies they obviated the need for spaceships - they can simply transport across space to other planets.
On the Trek side I agree - i'm as much of a fan of Trek as I am of SW (not particularly), but SG:U and Discovery are not very good shows. New Worlds is showing some promise, returning to the formulaic success of Trek, with none of that silly sp
ore drivel.

Edit: On the fence with Picard, it still feels like it doesn't know what it wants to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom