TV New Season!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My favourite part on every prison ep is where he tells the inmates he's been in prison for life himself.

Then they say what for?

And he's like murder........ (I didn't do it though)

They're like sure I bet you did do it.

And he's all pokerface.

Just finished the latest season, that Norwegian prison looked amazing in that it treats the prisoners with respect and tries to teach them how to live on the outside, proper rehabilitation.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Just finished the latest season, that Norwegian prison looked amazing in that it treats the prisoners with respect and tries to teach them how to live on the outside, proper rehabilitation.

Exactly what a prison should be doing.
Sad that most don't do that.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fate: The Winx Saga (Netflix)

We watched this over the last 2 days. Imagine Harry Potter in the year 2021 but less childish and more supernatural. Was alright for background noise, curious to what S2 brings. (Only 6 episodes)

Inside the World's Toughest Prisons | Netflix Official Site

We accidentally watched this backwards. We're now on Season 1. Worth the watch from Seasons 5-2. Not a fan of the Irish guy in the first season. Seasons 2-5 are much better.
Just about to watch EP6 of Fate: The Winx Saga, quite enjoyable.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The Winx Saga saga is a bit formula for these types of shows. Basically angsty teen surrounded by a representative portion of LGBT+. Add in a destiny and a which side is really the good side storyline and it sums up most of these fantasy shows.

Still not too bad given the genre.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

You mean Greenland?

It's funny how he always goes to a super duper scandi prison at the end of every season.

Always the biggest nutters there too. But its amazing what environment does.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Nah, was definitely Norway, the Greenland was a good prison too but nothing on the level of the Norwegian one.

Ah, yes, sorry it's season 3 then, it must have looped and I assumed it was a new episode :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nah, was definitely Norway, the Greenland was a good prison too but nothing on the level of the Norwegian one.

Ah, yes, sorry it's season 3 then, it must have looped and I assumed it was a new episode :)

Mean while in the usa

View: https://twitter.com/gothspiderbitch/status/1355621192804274180

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
After feeling like I was seeing adverts for it every time I watched something on Sky, I just finished ZeroZeroZero. I really enjoyed it, it dragged a bit in the second half and some of it was a bit far-fetched but it's a solid thriller - kind of like Narcos with a more international twist and a bit of a mafia thing going on as well.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Great series, the bit in North Africa was a bit far fetched but still a good watch.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Great series, the bit in North Africa was a bit far fetched but still a good watch.
The jihadist bit? There were a couple of times where I thought it was odd that somebody hadn't killed somebody else. One was the jihadists letting them just drive out of there with however much cocaine was on those trucks (I think they said 5 tons but I don't believe that) after a furious gun battle in which they'd lost several men. You'd think the obvious thing would be to execute the lot of them and keep the shipment. The other was Amina. I was fully expecting Emma to get back to the hotel room to find a corpse but they'd taken the time to tie her up in the bathroom instead. I mean obviously both were used to forward the story (it would've ground to a halt if they'd had to leave the cocaine behind and Emma wouldn't have found Chris so quickly if Amina hadn't told her where he took them) but it just felt like they'd taken a couple of shortcuts to keep the story going.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Wandavision getting really good now. So...
So...casting misdirection or is that really Pietro from the X-verse?

Gwadien

And The Expanse
poor Alex 😢

You are aware he was removed from the show due to sexual allegations? Knowing that I felt that his death was very much shoe-horned in.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You are aware he was removed from the show due to sexual allegations? Knowing that I felt that his death was very much shoe-horned in.
Really?

That sucks. On a few different levels.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wandavision getting really good now. So...
So...casting misdirection or is that really Pietro from the X-verse?
Feels deliberate to me, especially given how they did the behind shot first

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Was quite excited to see that CBS had done a new series of The Equilizer. In keeping with current trends, Robert McCall is now Robyn McCall and played by Queen Latifa.

117161_0644b.jpg
Doubt I'll even bother taking a peek. From what i've read the first episode is even a carbon copy of the first Denzel movie storyline.

Gwadien

Was quite excited to see that CBS had done a new series of The Equilizer. In keeping with current trends, Robert McCall is now Robyn McCall and played by Queen Latifa.

View attachment 43780
Doubt I'll even bother taking a peek. From what i've read the first episode is even a carbon copy of the first Denzel movie storyline.

So you're not going to watch it because they changed the gender of the lead character?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So you're not going to watch it because they changed the gender of the lead character?
It's a bit shit really. It's simply reverse sexism.

Write new material with a balance of male and female leads. Fine.

Make male characters female or white characters black? It's a bit shit is all.

I'm not outraged. It's just 🤷 /sigh

Gwadien

It's a bit shit really. It's simply reverse sexism.

Write new material with a balance of male and female leads. Fine.

Make male characters female or white characters black? It's a bit shit is all.

I'm not outraged. It's just 🤷 /sigh

Lol

The Equalizer is the most generic character and story anyway.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol

The Equalizer is the most generic character and story anyway.
So?

Long standing TV series, the very white Edward Woodwood is the (very succesful) lead. Film with Denzel (right?). Now a girl.

Like I said. Not outraged. Don't really give a shit - female doctor who? Sigh, if you must...

Write something new that is inclusive of all? Or write men out, because they're men.

Maybe they don't mean it to look/feel that way - but it does for millions of people. And that's what's shit.

There are better ways of righting inequalities.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Added to that the fact that reboots seems to take no time at all.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Not going to watch it because it looks shit. Nothing against women roles just wish they would write new material rather than riding on the backs of successful characters. Like Hollywood has run out of ideas entirely. They just regurtitate shit with current gender politics included. Scraping the barrel at best.
Even like Queen Latifa, she has been great in a couple of movies Ive seen.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Not going to watch it because it looks shit. Nothing against women roles just wish they would write new material rather than riding on the backs of successful characters. Like Hollywood has run out of ideas entirely. They just regurtitate shit with current gender politics included. Scraping the barrel at best.
Even like Queen Latifa, she has been great in a couple of movies Ive seen.
In the bone collector she played lincoln rhymes carer. Who in the books was a white guy called tom.

Gwadien

Wayne on Amazon is pretty excellent; dark comedy with the most excellent sound track.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Gina Carano fired by Disney so no Cara in Rangers of the Republic or Mando s3. Apparently comparing being a republican to being Jewish during the Holocaust was final straw for the house of mouse

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Gina Carano fired by Disney so no Cara in Rangers of the Republic or Mando s3. Apparently comparing being a republican to being Jewish during the Holocaust was final straw for the house of mouse

took me a while to work out what you were talking about :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Didn't think there was going to be a Mando S3?

Whilst she had a bit of charisma I thought casting her as sheriff was totally unrealistic anyway. All I could keep on thinking was "how the fuck is she supposed to run after criminals" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom