TV New Season!

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Tin Star season 3 (Liverpewl version)

Big fan of the first two seasons and season 3 was decent and a solid 7/10.

Wouldn't say it is as gritty as season one and there was definitely room to explore the back stories a little more. The main villain really hammed up the yocal neighbourhood villain. Tim Roth superb throughout.

Worth a Watch

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
New Attenborough documentary on the Beeb, all episodes on the iPlayer.

Be prepared to be outraged at climate change.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
New Attenborough documentary on the Beeb, all episodes on the iPlayer.

Be prepared to be outraged at climate change.
I've been outraged by climate change since the early 90's. I doubt I'd watch this one because whilst it'd depress me (because we've done fuck all about it for basically all of my adult life) it'd really upset the o/h.

:(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just started watching 'The Flight Attendant' and so far so good. Mrs likes it too.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Just started watching 'The Flight Attendant' and so far so good. Mrs likes it too.

That is on my to-watch list. It originally intended to be a one time mini-series but was so well received it has been renewed for another season.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
3 Episodes in of Defending Jacob

Quite a good tease and you can see there are a few plot twists coming up.

Premise of the Mini Series is Assistant DA's son gets charged with murder, and from there the plot thickens like my Gran's Sunday roast gravy. Well worth a watch based on the first three episodes. Only minor annoying point, as this is an 'Apple Original' boy do they goto town on the whole Apple Product placement. It's as if Android and Windows were air brushed from history and the theme tune was an original creation on band camp.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
3 Episodes in of Defending Jacob

Quite a good tease and you can see there are a few plot twists coming up.

Premise of the Mini Series is Assistant DA's son gets charged with murder, and from there the plot thickens like my Gran's Sunday roast gravy. Well worth a watch based on the first three episodes. Only minor annoying point, as this is an 'Apple Original' boy do they goto town on the whole Apple Product placement. It's as if Android and Windows were air brushed from history and the theme tune was an original creation on band camp.
The ending is quite something. Great series.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyone watched the S3 of American Gods yet? I struggled with S2 and I'm not sure whether to stick with it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyone watched the S3 of American Gods yet? I struggled with S2 and I'm not sure whether to stick with it.

Not yet, @DaGaffer , I have to say... tempted but also a bit hooked on iRacing :unsure:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Started watching The Stand. Stopped watching The Stand.

Rubbish.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Finished Cobra Kai season 3.

The show is both shit and fucking great fun at the same time :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Finished Cobra Kai season 3.

The show is both shit and fucking great fun at the same time :)
It's popcorn munching TV. This series really
didn't do much in the way of story though, it feels like the budget was blown on the cameos as there was a lot less "regular outside world" for "far east scenic view" and larusso kid is badly written, like her personality is on a switch being flipped between scared kitten and xena warrior princess

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I can't believe Cobra Kai is 8.7 on IMDB, seems insanely high!

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I can't believe Cobra Kai is 8.7 on IMDB, seems insanely high!
The Johnny Lawrence character holds it together for me. Plus the film back stories were quite well utilised. Daniel from nothing now has everything, Johnny the reverse. They're spreading it thin now though, it's leaning hard into fan service over story now and they lost cast members which kinda blew holes through everything they worked up in series 2

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It would have worked better as a one off miniseries but as far as I know the first series was very low budget and picked up by Netflix after it was made/turned out to be popular. There is a lot of padding that doesn't really benefit the story.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not Jodie and Tony tho :(

Reminds me. I've not watched Manhunter in bloody ages.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Not Jodie and Tony tho :(

Reminds me. I've not watched Manhunter in bloody ages.

The Hannibal series was bloody excellent so a TV show based upon the material can work but I can't say I'm optimistic about this one.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Yes we have started watching it

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Has no-one watched Wandavision?😯
Needs to get a lot better quickly.

There's a nugget of something. But the programmes it's aping are superior and that doesn't bode well.

Maybe episode 3 explains why the critics are relatively fawning.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
The Johnny Lawrence character holds it together for me. Plus the film back stories were quite well utilised. Daniel from nothing now has everything, Johnny the reverse. They're spreading it thin now though, it's leaning hard into fan service over story now and they lost cast members which kinda blew holes through everything they worked up in series 2

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzGnVADfKWk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom