TV New Season!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Excellent. Actually have some TV to watch this weekend for a change; Expanse, last ST:Disco and Mandalorian, and the Grand Tour special tomorrow.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The great hunt or whatever they called it has dropped on prime for the grand tour may, clarkson, hamster

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The stand starts today \o/ - in Scandinavia it is HBO Nordic - no idea in the UK

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Spent the last 2 days watching Alice In Borderland.
I should have just stuck rusty forks in my eyes instead.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
ST : Disco - bloody emoji script.
More like Star Trek: Nostalgia Trip at this point

For a series now in the future, they're basically just checking off everything that was ever previously popular in Trek.

I'm just waiting for something stupid now like the emerald chain to also include the borg because their tech was green

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Spent the last 2 days watching Alice In Borderland.
I should have just stuck rusty forks in my eyes instead.
I'm not sure if that means if you enjoyed it or not. I'm 4 episodes in and it's mindless fun entertainment so far. It reminds me a lot of another Japanese series from many years ago called Liar's Game which had some really clever games and puzzles but was not as graphic or brutal.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sure if that means if you enjoyed it or not. I'm 4 episodes in and it's mindless fun entertainment so far. It reminds me a lot of another Japanese series from many years ago called Liar's Game which had some really clever games and puzzles but was not as graphic or brutal.
I am pretty sure rusty things in ones eyes is not a good thing. And to prefer that means the series is worse than that.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The great hunt or whatever they called it has dropped on prime for the grand tour may, clarkson, hamster

Watched 'The Massive Hunt' this evening - enjoyable enough but nothing side-splitting. Still, worth a watch if you are into that stuff.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Watched 'The Massive Hunt' this evening - enjoyable enough but nothing side-splitting. Still, worth a watch if you are into that stuff.
Yeah, we're saving the expanse to the weekend so we watched it too.

Was OK. Nothing more. The problem I thought was that once they'd found the rough roads that nothing else happened.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Was OK. Nothing more. The problem I thought was that once they'd found the rough roads that nothing else happened.
Donno when it was filmed but if it was this year its not bad for 2020. And that sea bypass i would love to drive that in a storm

DaGaffer

It was too much like the Angola fish one; even down to the regular May soaking at every opportunity.

At this point theyre just ticking off exotic holiday destinations, and I can't say I blame them; exploit Jeff Bezos for all he's worth i say.

The jumping the shark joke was good though ;)

DaGaffer

So The Mandalorian finale...
Well that went full fanboy. De-aged Luke was a bit ropy but what the hell. Excellent stuff. And the Book of Boba Fett? Unexpected.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Quite enjoying Your Honor.

Bryan Cranston and Michael Stuhlbarg.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The star trek discovery season finale was a bit underwhelming,

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So The Mandalorian finale...
Well that went full fanboy. De-aged Luke was a bit ropy but what the hell. Excellent stuff. And the Book of Boba Fett? Unexpected.
Luke was ropey as fuck tbh. Such bad CG spoils it for me a fair bit. It's like he didn't say much because when he was talking it was so bad they decided not to give him lines. Either that or Hamill is still so bummed out that Disney turned his character into a whiny little loser that he won't voice for them.

Also, the dark saber is a symbol of power in a culture that wears armour it *can't* cut through? Should be called the shitsaber. :)

Other that, enjoyed it very much.

I hope Boba's a bad guy :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The star trek discovery season finale was a bit underwhelming,
Err, there's 3 more in this series aren't there?
Anyway, that one totally just validated my Star Trek: Nostalgia Trip comment from above really.

Only potential good thing about this is if it leads to the fan service Section 31 series everyone has been clamouring for

DaGaffer

The Queen's Gambit - Netflix.

Never thought a show about Chess would be so good, really good so far (2 episodes left). We put it on as a "Screw it, nothing else to watch" and ended up binging the first 6 episodes.

Finally got around to watching this, and I really enjoyed it and yet couldn't really say why. Just good acting. NB. Was it filmed in the UK? Pretty much everyone in it is British.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Finally got around to watching this, and I really enjoyed it and yet couldn't really say why. Just good acting. NB. Was it filmed in the UK? Pretty much everyone in it is British.

iirc it was mostly filmed in and around Berlin.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The Grand Tour: A massive Hunt.

That's some good telly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom