TV New Season!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They snuck the final episode of season 10 of The Walking Dead out at the weekend (delayed because of COVID), there were some great bits in it.
They've done "covering yourself in corpse-juice and walking through a crowd of walkers" before but it felt better this time and then later on, the whisperers getting picked off 1 by 1 was great.

It did feel like one of the main cast should've kicked the bucket though and Carol's a bit of a whiney twat now (after being an absolute badass in earlier seasons). Also, we've had "characters think they're alone but suddenly ambush" a few too many times. I thought there would be an arrow or something taking one of them out but instead we appear to have stormtroopers (I need to catch up on the comics).

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
There is a new show on Sky Atlantic called Lovecraft Country and episode one aired today and i realy enjoyed it !!
I do like most things about H.P Lovecraft though. Nice balance of character building and typical Lovecraft type stuff.
We are on ep 4 (HBO Nordic) and I am really really loving it \o/

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Haven't got that channel :/

All this separation of services is making me look towards piracy again. 2-3 years ago everything was fine. I haven't pirated anything in years.

I would be tempted by HBO but they make quality over quantity which doesn't really work for a monthly sub...and afaik isn't available proper over here yet anyway.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
All this separation of services is making me look towards piracy again. 2-3 years ago everything was fine. I haven't pirated anything in years.

I would be tempted by HBO but they make quality over quantity which doesn't really work for a monthly sub...and afaik isn't available proper over here yet anyway.

90% of HBO's output (except the DC stuff) is broadcast by Sky; they even do co-productions.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I never abandoned piracy. It's just so dammned convenient and at the same time stops you burning up your life browsing any old shit.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I never abandoned piracy. It's just so dammned convenient and at the same time stops you burning up your life browsing any old shit.

Definitely much less than I used to; usually when things simply aren't available to me in Ireland, like Spitting Image the other day, or Raised By Wolves because Sky haven't picked it up yet and you know it will be spoilered to death by the time they do. I have Sky, Netflix and I get Amazon as part of Prime anyway. Personally I'd get rid of Netflix but my missus loves all the murder stuff (I think she's getting tips). I binned Disney+ but I might go back to it post pandemic when they actually have regular new content. We also have a free years' Apple TV because the wife has an iPhone but I've only used it to watch Long Way Up; there's nowhere near enough on it to actually pay money for it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Definitely much less than I used to; usually when things simply aren't available to me in Ireland, like Spitting Image the other day, or Raised By Wolves because Sky haven't picked it up yet and you know it will be spoilered to death by the time they do. I have Sky, Netflix and I get Amazon as part of Prime anyway. Personally I'd get rid of Netflix but my missus loves all the murder stuff (I think she's getting tips). I binned Disney+ but I might go back to it post pandemic when they actually have regular new content. We also have a free years' Apple TV because the wife has an iPhone but I've only used it to watch Long Way Up; there's nowhere near enough on it to actually pay money for it.
The ww2 tom hanks movie was good greyhound i think it called. Apart from that i seen no reason for apple tv. I too have a free year. That and you cant get an app for the tv that i have seen. So have to cast it from ipad or phone.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
The Haunting of Bly Manor... Is not scary. There's one sort of "jump scare" towards the end.

It's good? But nothing happens. Episode 8 was the only one where we were glued to the screen.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ratched its good if you like disturbing stuff. Well what the general population call disturbing. Nearly at the end of that now :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Pondering this one

Its okay, it's quite cool to see Russia be honest with themselves (or maybe Western bias on Russia?)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Finished Lovecraft Country - my favorite series of 2020 as it stands - neither Kris or I saw elements of the finale coming just superb!

I was joking about what would happen if Ruby broke out of her white skin whilst having sex and the next minute it was happening on screen so they were not afraid to "go there". ..... Also the two girls in the curse - creepy as fuck made my skin crawl. My favourite episode however was the reflection on Tics life in the Korean war when he falls in love with Ji-Ah.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I did think the Amazon seri(es)? Were weak compared the the previous ones, the story was shit compared, they just got some semi famous faces on there.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What makes this more palatable is that Clyde Phillips was the showrunner for seasons 1-4, before it went to shit.

Yeh - last few seasons were very meh.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not sure if already mentioned but Star Trek Discovery S3 Ep1 has dropped :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom