TV New Season!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So I guess the new trend with hyped series is to release the first 3 episodes?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
So I guess the new trend with hyped series is to release the first 3 episodes?

Well Apple and HBO have done it to stop people binging entire series during their free 1 month trials. No idea why Amazon have done it for The Boys.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They did it for the Tottenham documentary as well so maybe it's something they'll be doing from now on. It seems unlikely it's related to the trial for that one though because they're releasing 3 episodes a week for 3 weeks (there are only 9 altogether) so you'd still be able to watch it all in under a month.

Gwadien

I don't think it's necessarily for the free trial, I think it's so you don't sub just for the hit TV series.

I also suspect that's why some TV series have like lots of month or longer random breaks.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It'll all just go back to one a week like regular TV eventually, it's all just to extend the hype cycle

Gwadien

It'll all just go back to one a week like regular TV eventually, it's all just to extend the hype cycle

I dunno, I think it's getting further away from that - when Netflix first came out, practically all their series were instantly available.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think the problem is that people are just devouring a series in a couple of sittings, which reduces Amazon traffic, so they need break it up to make people come back more frequently.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Weird that @Moriath is still auto-facepalming @Gwadien.

Anyway - anyone watching Lower Decks?

Now that Star Trek is just disneyfied junk it's actually OK (well, the first three have been).

Edit: Ah, the facepalming is both reciprocal and homosexual.

Get a room boys. :)

Last edited:

Gwadien

Now that Star Trek is just disneyfied junk it's actually OK (well, the first three have been).

IMDB says no.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Yup was just a petty in the moment auto facepalm haha. Removed on reflection

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Meh. If we went off popularity X-Factor would be classed as good...
Lower Decks is awful though

It's everything not trek wrapped up in the most next gen aesthetic they could get away with

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

It's everything not trek wrapped up in the most next gen aesthetic they could get away with
I feel the same way about the new films tbh.

But if that's the standard, there were a couple of laughs...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

If you're a Trek nerd its actually quite good, there are some excellent in-jokes. The only problem
The fact that Mariner is an impostor in the lower ranks and is actually a total badass actually subverts the whole idea behind looking at the unglamorous side of Trek

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you're a Trek nerd its actually quite good, there are some excellent in-jokes. The only problem
The fact that Mariner is an impostor in the lower ranks and is actually a total badass actually subverts the whole idea behind looking at the unglamorous side of Trek
I am and it's not, it's awful.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sorry but if you can't appreciate a line that says Miles O'Brien is the most important person in Federation history you're just dead inside.
Yeah. We both laughed out loud at that.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I am and it's not, it's awful.

I agree it isn't Star Trek at all. The Orville is closer to Star Trek than this. This is just some poor "Family Guy" kind of show but set in space with a Star Trek theme. it's just rubbish.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I agree it isn't Star Trek at all. The Orville is closer to Star Trek than this. This is just some poor "Family Guy" kind of show but set in space with a Star Trek theme. it's just rubbish.
Like the new films. :)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's a badly put together show filled with "wouldn't it be funny if we could just do X but in Star Trek?" and "don't forget the minimum quota of Y references to iconic Trek moments!"
Sorry but if you can't appreciate a line that says Miles O'Brien is the most important person in Federation history you're just dead inside.
I'm not finding that stuff entertaining. It's like "well done, you made a TNG reference but that's 10 seconds in a half-hour dumpster fire". Like with the recent one
the b-story ended with "I stole a bag of tricorders", "me too I also stole a bag of tricorders" but they're the only two who actually gave a shit about tricorders and they already had them because they blackmailed the engineer. That's without even going for "aren't replicators a thing?"

PS: CHIEF O'BRIEN AT WORK

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Talking about Star Trek: Season 3 (weekly) starts on the 15th of October.

I'm being made to sit through "Selling Sunset" (Singular. It annoys me) - It's a trash show, but the houses look nice at least.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Talking about Star Trek: Season 3 (weekly) starts on the 15th of October.
Which one? The one where the universe is made up of magic mushrooms?

That's enjoyable pap but it's so not star trek they're taking the piss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom