TV New Season!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Watching American Horror Story: Hotel, I notice it has Lady Ga Ga in it, I wonder if he gets his tits out.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yes 2nd series starts Friday on More 4.

Talking of BBC I just watched Dr .Foster and quite enjoyed it. Hell hath no fury etc etc

I was really disappointed by it. At first I thought there was going to be some clever twist, but then it turned out to be just another melodrama.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
First episode of River last night wasnt all bad. A bit cliché but also a bit different

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Oh, another detective series.

That won't be formulaic and shit, especially if its the BBC jumping on a bandwagon that left years ago.

DaGaffer

Oh, another detective series.

That won't be formulaic and shit, especially if its the BBC jumping on a bandwagon that left years ago.

Well, it wasn't formulaic exactly, but I have to admit I got bored after about half an hour and switched it off. And I like Stellan Skarsgard.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Well, it wasn't formulaic exactly, but I have to admit I got bored after about half an hour and switched it off. And I like Stellan Skarsgard.
I like Stellan Skarsgård... But o would use my free pass on his son Alexander *yummy*

sayward

Resident Freddy
Da Vinci's Daemons coming back and The Affair, tho I haven't watched the first series yet.

OMG We have just finished The Sopranos! What happened?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
When I finished it last month I was left with the feeling that I had watched 6 seasons of a show with very little actually happening. Imo a highly overrated show

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Da Vinci's Daemons coming back and The Affair, tho I haven't watched the first series yet.

He ded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
LOL

You all have to watch The Hunt episode 2 (Attenborough thing) bit of comedy gold right there.

@Tom how much do these cameramen get paid? I'd imagine Attenborough documentaries are relatively top flight work?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Depends really, a lot of the time it's down to individual negotiation. Here's a good indicator:

https://www.bectu.org.uk/advice-resources/library/977

But a great many programmes are done by self-shooting producer/directors, basically young contractors who are expected to do everything. The results are invariably shocking, but I doubt anything with Attenborough attached would be so cheap.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A friend was an assistant producer on Africa and Life and has since gone on to produce other stuff. He's got some stories to tell, utterly fascinating.

Gwadien

Depends really, a lot of the time it's down to individual negotiation. Here's a good indicator:

https://www.bectu.org.uk/advice-resources/library/977

But a great many programmes are done by self-shooting producer/directors, basically young contractors who are expected to do everything. The results are invariably shocking, but I doubt anything with Attenborough attached would be so cheap.

I'd imagine that they'd have to provide all their own gear too?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yes, but equipment is charged on top of those rates. And self-shooters don't normally own their own gear, which is another reason why some programmes (daytime tv mainly) are shit.

Gwadien

Yes, but equipment is charged on top of those rates. And self-shooters don't normally own their own gear, which is another reason why some programmes (daytime tv mainly) are shit.

But I'd imagine you pay for someone with gear and who are pro at their job.

Not someone with all the gear and no idea

Hence why you work on Soccer AM................ ;)

DaGaffer

What's the hell has happened to Soccer AM by the way? I'd say budget cuts but it must only have cost about 20p to produce in the first place.

sayward

Resident Freddy
We have just watched first 4 episodes of The Last Kingdom and despite what the critics are saying we have enjoyed it so far. Not exactly like the books tho. (However not as good as Vikings.)

DaGaffer

We have just watched first 4 episodes of The Last Kingdom and despite what the critics are saying we have enjoyed it so far. Not exactly like the books tho. (However not as good as Vikings.)

I'm enjoying it. He's not how I imagined Uthred, but that's not unusual in adaptations.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Lucifer is scheduled to start on 25th Jan, enjoyed the pilot a lot so looking forward to it.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Just binge watched Sons of Liberty. Quite enjoyed it. Helped make sense of the history. I hope there is a second series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom