TV New Season!

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by dysfunction, Sep 25, 2009.

1. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

And they all depend on having a semi-decent internet connection to achieve the same quality you'd get from HD via satellite/cable.

2. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

DC are launching a service as well. The whole market is completely unsustainable and there will be some high profile failures. Having said that, some of these services won’t get released outside of North America anyway and their content will end up syndicated overseas as normal and/or the big two will aggregate their content overseas (which is already happening)

3. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

Here in finland theres also 3 local streaming services as well as all the old school cable companies launching their own, its absurd.

Looking forward to the implosions hope they all offload to netflix :)

4. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

Read somewhere that 20% or more internet activity is down to netflix which is huge.

I have netflix and amazon prime with the delivery bit the main reason for amazon. Cant see myself getting any more than that. Anything on other stuffs will be downloaded if i am desperate to watch it

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Hawkwind

Hawkwind FH is my second home FH Subscriber

Correct, the networks still sell top rated shows (for big money) to regional Sat/Cable networks and they often have the local streaming rights for their geographical area.

6. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

It will be interesting to see what happens to Netflix when the others all decide they want to take their content away for their own daft offerings.

Amazon getting some of the premiership rights will be interesting as well.

7. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

It's why Netflix is pumping out their own content at an unprecedented rate. They've got, like, 90 films and shows on the blow in 2018, whereas Warner Bros has, I think, 35...

8. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Netflix also appears to make (on the whole) good quality shit, whereas the more traditional media outlets appear to be making films based upon hype.

YAY NEW BOG STANDARD STORY LINE SUPER HERO MOVIE!

9. Moriath

Just finished watching The Alienist

Really liked it. Set in NY just before the turn of the 20th century. Figuring out a serial killer of boys. Its on Netflix :)

10. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

Just finished watching 2nd season of GLOW, was a lot of fun :)

Started slowly but really picked up, last few episodes were especially great

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hawkwind

Been watching Marcella on Netflix. Brit Cop Drama with Anna Friel. Pretty good, kinda of a female Luther and quite dark in places, especially the end of season 2.

12. Edmond

Edmond Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr Moderator FH Subscriber

I’m sure that was out a few years ago on terrestrial tv, I think it was ITV or C4?

13. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

It was on ITV, but I am not sure Hawkwind is in the UK pal... :) Great series...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. caLLous

Better Call Saul, returning on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

I'm really hoping this is the season we finally see "Saul"

16. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

17. caLLous

Oh.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  18. Moriath

Never watched any of it. American sit coms really dont do it for me these days.

19. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Has anyone even mentioned The Handmaid's Tale, yet?

20. caLLous

Calm down @CorNokZ, TBBT has been dross for years.

21. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Thought I did. Too grim for my missus. I was enjoying it tho.

Liked the book very much. TV was very different IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  22. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

Don't think I've seen it since Penny and Leonard got married

23. caLLous

• Like Like x 1
  24. Hawkwind

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

26. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

27. Hawkwind

Mrs keeps falling asleep during the current TV dramas of choice (Bodyguard & Hidden) so I started to Ray Donovan on Netflix. Damn it's good but how the heck did I miss this :( Still 5 seasons to catch up on now and only half way through season 1. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  28. dysfunction

I'll have to check it out

29. dysfunction

That doesn't seem to be available in the UK..

30. Hawkwind

Checked online and it says Amazon Prime for UK but on looking it shows only the Series 5 episodes.

Ray Donovan Season 5 : Watch online now with Amazon Instant Video: Amazon.co.uk

My Netflix account is actually from our UK address. So I guess if you VPN'd (outside uk) then use Netflix you should be able to watch it. I have to VPN to UK to watch some of their content

• Like Like x 1