TV New Season!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And they all depend on having a semi-decent internet connection to achieve the same quality you'd get from HD via satellite/cable.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Also increases spread of streaming services. To get the latest greatest shows you now need netflix, amazon, hbo, youtube red, and soon disneys own one for marvel/star wars

Its a shame because, among my circles at least, it feels like piracy was on its way out but now its becoming increasingly expensive again to actually watch these shows

DC are launching a service as well. The whole market is completely unsustainable and there will be some high profile failures. Having said that, some of these services won’t get released outside of North America anyway and their content will end up syndicated overseas as normal and/or the big two will aggregate their content overseas (which is already happening)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Here in finland theres also 3 local streaming services as well as all the old school cable companies launching their own, its absurd.

Looking forward to the implosions hope they all offload to netflix :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Read somewhere that 20% or more internet activity is down to netflix which is huge.

I have netflix and amazon prime with the delivery bit the main reason for amazon. Cant see myself getting any more than that. Anything on other stuffs will be downloaded if i am desperate to watch it

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
DC are launching a service as well. The whole market is completely unsustainable and there will be some high profile failures. Having said that, some of these services won’t get released outside of North America anyway and their content will end up syndicated overseas as normal and/or the big two will aggregate their content overseas (which is already happening)
Correct, the networks still sell top rated shows (for big money) to regional Sat/Cable networks and they often have the local streaming rights for their geographical area.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Read somewhere that 20% or more internet activity is down to netflix which is huge.

I have netflix and amazon prime with the delivery bit the main reason for amazon. Cant see myself getting any more than that. Anything on other stuffs will be downloaded if i am desperate to watch it
It will be interesting to see what happens to Netflix when the others all decide they want to take their content away for their own daft offerings.

Amazon getting some of the premiership rights will be interesting as well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It will be interesting to see what happens to Netflix when the others all decide they want to take their content away for their own daft offerings.
It's why Netflix is pumping out their own content at an unprecedented rate. They've got, like, 90 films and shows on the blow in 2018, whereas Warner Bros has, I think, 35...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Netflix also appears to make (on the whole) good quality shit, whereas the more traditional media outlets appear to be making films based upon hype.

YAY NEW BOG STANDARD STORY LINE SUPER HERO MOVIE!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just finished watching The Alienist

Really liked it. Set in NY just before the turn of the 20th century. Figuring out a serial killer of boys. Its on Netflix :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Just finished watching 2nd season of GLOW, was a lot of fun :)

Started slowly but really picked up, last few episodes were especially great

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Been watching Marcella on Netflix. Brit Cop Drama with Anna Friel. Pretty good, kinda of a female Luther and quite dark in places, especially the end of season 2.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Been watching Marcella on Netflix. Brit Cop Drama with Anna Friel. Pretty good, kinda of a female Luther and quite dark in places, especially the end of season 2.
I’m sure that was out a few years ago on terrestrial tv, I think it was ITV or C4?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I’m sure that was out a few years ago on terrestrial tv, I think it was ITV or C4?

It was on ITV, but I am not sure Hawkwind is in the UK pal... :) Great series...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Has anyone even mentioned The Handmaid's Tale, yet?

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Mrs keeps falling asleep during the current TV dramas of choice (Bodyguard & Hidden) so I started to Ray Donovan on Netflix. Damn it's good but how the heck did I miss this :( Still 5 seasons to catch up on now and only half way through season 1. :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Mrs keeps falling asleep during the current TV dramas of choice (Bodyguard & Hidden) so I started to Ray Donovan on Netflix. Damn it's good but how the heck did I miss this :( Still 5 seasons to catch up on now and only half way through season 1. :)

That doesn't seem to be available in the UK..

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom