New scroll drop rate

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
bottler said:
who need better drop rate, when classic arrives soon? \o/

Because it wasnt true retro and it sucked? xD

Actually it didnt suck it got killed by cheating Mordred players on US.

hope its better on EU...wiv the lag..and more stuff I can come up with but not say xD

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
i want a challenge - i dont want easymode....if i did i would be playing counterstrike....

Translation:

"OMFGWTFPWNZOR I have 2 50 Animistzors and bafbotz and I can farm everything for days and make so much money. This patchzor suxxor because I can't make money now OMG my life is ruined, wtf I am going to do in life if I can't farm and make money!!!!!oneeleven... /suicide"

- English -

Resident Freddy
Pera said:
Translation:

"OMFGWTFPWNZOR I have 2 50 Animistzors and bafbotz and I can farm everything for days and make so much money. This patchzor suxxor because I can't make money now OMG my life is ruined, wtf I am going to do in life if I can't farm and make money!!!!!oneeleven... /suicide"

hehe u got that right :D

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
whats the challenge in killing 5000 red mobs all 1by1 with the same method? even a well-taught monkey can push the buttons in a planned order and farm...

challenge is always something new, what you dont know how to handle, how to defeat.. this isnt that case.

The challenge is not to kill the mobs. The challenge is to sustain the boredom.

Now, the real question is why anyone would find THAT kind of challenge fun?

I for one don't and look forward to the new drop rates. Give new patch! :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Gonna log on pendragon myself later to see if this drop thing is rly true!11

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
nope - i left DAOC a while back - started playing again in October - already got 3 level 50's (bought back one of my accounts ;) ) - only my merc is fully toa'd - rest arnt

- but i would rather spent the time and effort in getting and equiping these characters equiped with a a good template - than have easymode-handed-to-me-on-a-plate-level-50-toon-fully-toa'd...

next thing will be insta ml10 characters - yeah it will roxxxxxx

TOA isnt dificult - you just need to get and organise some friends (you all have them??) and do the encounters / arti's / ml steps / scrolls...It really isnt difficult.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Toa might not be difficult but its true boredom

and you PvErs needs to understand that this game lives still due to its PvP system not to its nice and roxstar!111onehundredelevel uber expansions

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
nope - i left DAOC a while back - started playing again in October - already got 3 level 50's (bought back one of my accounts ;) ) - only my merc is fully toa'd - rest arnt

- but i would rather spent the time and effort in getting and equiping these characters equiped with a a good template - than have easymode-handed-to-me-on-a-plate-level-50-toon-fully-toa'd...

next thing will be insta ml10 characters - yeah it will roxxxxxx

TOA isnt dificult - you just need to get and organise some friends (you all have them??) and do the encounters / arti's / ml steps / scrolls...It really isnt difficult.

you are right its not difficult. Its just the most idiotically designed system ever. Like someone else said neither I nor my friends enjoy killing 5000 of the same mobs pressing at most 3 buttons for 2 weeks straight. Ant wtf is up with this... whta is so wrong people that don't have 4-5 hours a day to have their arties and MLs and compete at RvR??

Its not always you log in and in 10 mins you have a group together to do ToA... people have different times they play and different needs...

Anyways don't get me started on this ToA thing a.k.a. the most brainless and utter stupid expension ever...the way it is designed that is not the concept.

P.S: well fck now I can't not post about ToA... the people that complaining about this patch at 90% have all some sort of pbae class or a class that can farm these mobs that drop the secret of life....err I mean 3/3 scrolls. The economy is already fucked up IMO. It should be the crafters that should make the most money in this game, which is the most logical thing, not the people with right classes and shit load of free time.

P.S # 2: BTW I would be more than happy if they removed some ML lines altogether from the game like "If its up I wtfpwnzor your world" a.k.a Banelord. Such a stupid stupid ML line that is. Its funny how this game became something where win/lose is decided by certain abilities and if they are up.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
no offense but... you two serious? :|

if so, go and toa some characters and farm every single fucking scroll/arti for it while the "joy" of current drop-/spawn rate/arti system lasts.

6 fully ToAd and MLd lvl50 chars on mid. 4 wizards +minstrel +cleric leveled and doing artis on them all atm.

I have farmed 8 GoV´s, 4 SoM, 9MS, 6CS etc etc books for my chars. I have spent over 40 hours in typhoons reach farming for 1 MT 3/3. I know how "hard" it can be.

Edit: Might add having a job, wife and 2 children aswell. + playing in a set grp.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
6 fully ToAd and MLd lvl50 chars on mid. 4 wizards +minstrel +cleric leveled and doing artis on them all atm.

I have farmed 8 GoV´s, 4 SoM, 9MS, 6CS etc etc books for my chars. I have spent over 40 hours in typhoons reach farming for 1 MT 3/3. I know how "hard" it can be.

Thanks for proving my point.

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
I dont like this idea. When im rolling a new char or making a new template for it, i farm loads of rare scrolls to be able to buy other things i need. I think thats how alot of ppl finance their templates. I dont fancy spending 10 hours farming diaseals tbh ;>

When all comes down to it, you all need to get money from somewhere, and you'll end up farming/spending time somwhere to get a specific item or whatever. I rather keep it as it is now. And no! I dont have an ml9 char or a farming class what so ever. I still manage to get the scrolls i need if i have a bb with me. I usually borrow one from my friend when hes not using it.

On the classic servers i think you will get money by farming df, go lgm SCr/ACr, go on various raids etc etc. Whatever you decide to do, you will allways end up spending hours, and hours, and hours, PVEing somewhere.

Well, thats just my oppinion! ;)

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Razemouze said:
I dont like this idea. When im rolling a new char or making a new template for it, i farm loads of rare scrolls to be able to buy other things i need. I think thats how alot of ppl finance their templates. I dont fancy spending 10 hours farming diaseals tbh ;>

When all comes down to it, you all need to get money from somewhere, and you'll end up farming/spending time somwhere to get a specific item or whatever. I rather keep it as it is now. And no! I dont have an ml9 char or a farming class what so ever. I still manage to get the scrolls i need if i have a bb with me. I usually borrow one from my friend when hes not using it.

On the classic servers i think you will get money by farming df, go lgm SCr/ACr, go on various raids etc etc. Whatever you decide to do, you will allways end up spending hours, and hours, and hours, PVEing somewhere.

Well, thats just my oppinion! ;)

and how exactly do you farm red cyclops or red taurs with your shaman? I am assuming thats the class you use or maybe you have another class to farm scrolls with? Cause I know for sure that I can't farm those "rare" scrolls with the classes I play.

Jjuraa

Banned
incidently 6 days /played on my Blademaster to get to level 50 and fully TOAed (still missing darkness rising wep but can make do till its released)

so i hereby proclaim anyone who whines about toa taking too long to be shit.

this means you :D

Jjuraa

Banned
Chimaira said:
Wasnt THAT funny JJ ;)

yes it was, idiots whining about things they cant comprehend always cracks me up.

s'why i find you so entertaining chim ;)

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
incidently 6 days /played on my Blademaster to get to level 50 and fully TOAed (still missing darkness rising wep but can make do till its released)

so i hereby proclaim anyone who whines about toa taking too long to be shit.

this means you :D

wow so just because you have /6 days played to completely ToAed a char doesn't mean ToA is not too long. It all depends how much free time you have to play. Let me give you an example. It would take your average gamer who works full time (40 hours a week), works out, hangs out with friends, goes out frequently and have a gf that can play the game at most 3 hours a day about 48 days to get to 50 and completely ToA their character.

Now thats not even based on the fact that they are new to the game have no friends nor money nor a guild. So put those in the equation and you are looking way more than 2 months my friend.

As it stands right now YES ToA takes way too long. Just because you have too much free time to play a game that was designed for people to "have fun" doesn't mean others do too.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Well I never said it was good as it is now.

But I still think that it should atleast take some time to get the best artis etc.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Well I never said it was good as it is now.

But I still think that it should atleast take some time to get the best artis etc.

Yes it does still take time and it will still take some time when the patch goes live. The problem here is that, you all think once you get lvl 50 and get your ToA arties/MLs game over. We all now that the game actually STARTS after all the previous conditions is met. You still have a lot of catching up to do for RRs and Realm Abilities... So how much time is TOO much to START playing the game? I don't know the exact answer but all I know it takes WAY too much time as it is.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:

Edit: Might add having a job, wife and 2 children aswell. + playing in a set grp.

so what are you arguing about then? you will still have to "hunt down the arti" mobs, which maybe wont be perma camped by "aaaaaahmmm i play daoc since 9am d00d" or "FUCK OFF ITS OURS!!!'1111".

getting scrolls through mindless grinding wont make you /quit - puke after 15mins and so, instead it will be rewarding and less greedy shit gonna happen

really no idea how do you manage a set grp and fully toaing 10+chars if you do spend time with family - work and dont play 14 hours a weekend :p but thats your secret, dont really care.

about toa easy mode atm: yea you are so good guys (not maniax atm, just an example) you toaed a char in6 days omfg,,, you know what? my chanter had 4-6 or less days when it was ready for rvsr, but i still found the way that i had to bypass utterly boring + was lucky with arties (had 5 out of 7 in 3 hours run or so, hibernia ftw + thx ibilic)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Mind you, seems Mani is able to run 4-5 chars effeciently on his own, while still having that many character. That means he doesn't need to set groups up or the like. It's insta group for him.

A few is that independant, most actually need to cooperate with others to achieve their goals. This change is not for the power player, they will always get around it no matter. This is for the casual that can manage perhaps 8 hours playtime a week.

Someone mentioned 6 days /played for level 50 and full ToA. That would be 4½ month for the casual. That's a long time for a player to create a character in and finish "leveling" him so to speak.

Good thing Mythic improved that aspect of the game! :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
sigh, some people here totally fail to see things from other people's view.

If you manage to toa a character in 5-6 days, well good for you! But that doesnt mean everyone else will have it that easy. There is alot of different things that matters.. What characters do you have? do you have a buffbot? is there alot of people around you can expect help from? do you have time to farm for hours to get what you need? But it all really comes down to money in the end. If you have unlimited money and/or people to help you I am not surprised ToA goes fast, but not all people got unlimited money and help, Well, their fault because they are too lazy to farm and get money you might think? Not necessarly, could be lack of time, characters for farming and such.

ToA is not particulary hard in general, but time consuming yes.
It is a challenge to go through the ML steps and collect artifacts and stuff maybe the first and second time, but when you start to having to go through the same process with your fourth and fifth alt you are starting to get bored.

Personally I find myself in both situations, I have decent money and people to help me on Hibernia Prydwen, on Midgard on the other hand I have a hard time getting what I need.

If ToA'ing was not such a big deal how do you explain Mythic making it easier and easier?

Sorry if this is slightly off topic

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
/givf loc of where you farmed the bugger, then :p been trying for weeks and it just will not drop for me.

Farmed all my LS 3-3 by Cyclops Eye sheild have never had to wait long for 1 to Drop.For information I'm not a greedy farmer either given last 2 LS 3-3 away for no cost as I don't believe in the Extortionate Prices that people want to set.I like to people to have Arti activated as that helps my Realm with peeps being Toa'd quicker :)

Btw Have ml10 enchanter and BB ML 10.

As other posts have said think Volcanus scrolls are worse to get hold of than LS 3-3

Soulja

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
Pera said:
and how exactly do you farm red cyclops or red taurs with your shaman? I am assuming thats the class you use or maybe you have another class to farm scrolls with? Cause I know for sure that I can't farm those "rare" scrolls with the classes I play.

Are you just plain stupid? Do i have to list all my chars in my sig? I have a shammy on mid and rest of my chars is on alb - stop assuming stuff you dont know.

Edit: I farmed 3 apprentice notes 3 of 3 and sold em for 20p each. Whats hard about farming them? I farmed these with my shammy, solo. Now piss off, k?

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Razemouze said:
Are you just plain stupid? Do i have to list all my chars in my sig? I have a shammy on mid and rest of my chars is on alb - stop assuming stuff you dont know.

Edit: I farmed 3 apprentice notes 3 of 3 and sold em for 20p each. Whats hard about farming them? I farmed these with my shammy, solo. Now piss off, k?

Hmm you sure you can read right? I said "I assume you farm those scrolls with your shammy", and there you are telling me I am plain stupid and then you say you farmed scrolls with your shaman... who is the stupid again?

So I am glad you have tons of time to farm scrolls and then sell em for ridiculous prices on CM which brings us to my argument of only people that complain about this patch are those with that somehow made money of scroll/artifact farming.

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
Hell! next thing you know, they are doubling the rps for low RR's :p

Getting items should be a little hard tbh, takes away the fun if you have to kill 3 red cons to get 3 rare scrolls ;< Imagine ta articamping. Greedy ppl stealing encounters or whatever. Just try and get Cloudsong encounter done:m00:

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
So I am glad you have tons of time to farm scrolls and then sell em for ridiculous prices on CM which brings us to my argument of only people that complain about this patch are those with that somehow made money of scroll/artifact farming.

Yeah, well. Tell that to the ppl selling artis for 30p+. So you want me to sell them for a lower price so i have to farm 10 more to get the money i need and make ppl like you happy? I sold em because i needed to toa my shammy, not to get rich. I dont know what realm you play or who you are, but its not hard to get money if you really want to. Friends and guildies are a big help tho.

Is it my fault ppl dont have time to farm scrolls btw?

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Razemouze said:
Yeah, well. Tell that to the ppl selling artis for 30p+. So you want me to sell them for a lower price so i have to farm 10 more to get the money i need and make ppl like you happy? I sold em because i needed to toa my shammy, not to get rich. I dont know what realm you play or who you are, but its not hard to get money if you really want to. Friends and guildies are a big help tho.

Is it my fault ppl dont have time to farm scrolls btw?

Dude it is the entire reason why I am saying that this patch is infact much needed. Now if you have another char that needs to be ToAed, you DON'T have to farm 10 BoZ 3/3 s to sell and get the artis/scrolls you want, You DON'T have to pay ridiculous prices for the artis/scrolls you want, you DON'T have to waste so much time with ToA.

You get 50, you get your artis and MLS much easier, then you go off to RvR. No one should be against this patch IMO.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
I hope all scrolls will become so common, that the only thing you have to go toa for is artifact credit and MLs.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
I welcome this move with scrolls being easier to get.
I guess it's a nice feeling when it does drop atm,but can't see a challenge in having a mini/bb or servant necro/bb and the need to run two accounts to even have a chance of getting the nice scrolls.
So what if more peole enjoy the game and get more access to the arti's,so what if econemy gets shafted.........it's a joke anyway.
Of course rare drops will become more expensive,as arti's more accessible.
But you gotta remember why so many people left when Toa was released and tried other games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom