New Phone

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Right I just got myself a one of those new Motorola Z8 thingies. Now my question (I know I should have asked at the store) is can you download your own movies onto these little SD disk things? I cant see anywhere that you can buy the movies from.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What video formats does it support? I'd imagine there's probably some kind of encoder (on the supplied CD?) to reformat video for the screen size then you just upload straight on to the SD card. I've never seen movies pre-loaded onto SD cards, only games, probably because of the lack of consistent video support from the phone makers. That, and the fact its a bit of a waste of flash memory.

Be interested to hear if that phone's any good. Never really liked Motorolas, horrible UIs and dodgy T9.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Aye Motorolas made Jebus cry. Unuseable, well any I have messed with were.

Calaen

What video formats does it support? I'd imagine there's probably some kind of encoder (on the supplied CD?) to reformat video for the screen size then you just upload straight on to the SD card. I've never seen movies pre-loaded onto SD cards, only games, probably because of the lack of consistent video support from the phone makers. That, and the fact its a bit of a waste of flash memory.

Be interested to hear if that phone's any good. Never really liked Motorolas, horrible UIs and dodgy T9.

I have no idea what it supports, I just bought it cause it looks good and feels nice :p

I guess I best look.

All About Symbian Review: Motorola RIZR Z8 Review (part 3: Multimedia)

There is a video section in there but alas I am a noob, if anyone could translate into Geordie for me I would appreciate it.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
the format is MP4 according to the site (which i think is .3gp file extension right?), like most other phones.

i know for sure you can get convertors :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
This is a phone I'm interested in so let me know how you get on. It's got the same UIQ interface as my W950i but without the touchscreen so I'm keen to see how it pans out.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I have just got a Nokia 6120 on 3. Can stream media files direct from my PC or even use a Slingbox and get Sky Tv on it...tis sweet :)

Oh and its probably as already said - mp4 for viewign films if you want to stick them direct onto the phone.

Calaen

This is a phone I'm interested in so let me know how you get on. It's got the same UIQ interface as my W950i but without the touchscreen so I'm keen to see how it pans out.

I really like the phone, the design and look of it are superb. The free headset you get is quality as well this sells for £90 on its own. If I am being honest though I only bought it for the looks. I use texts and calls nothing more nothing less. However having watched bourne identity on it just for shits and giggles the picture quality is superb and the sound through the headset is amazing. Not really used the camera yet but the few pics I took of my cats were decent enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom