New Phone Mk. 3

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So I dropped something my phone, and its dying.

So after a quick googling and at a ~£300 budget I'm considering this.

OnePlus 3

soze

I am a FH squatter
Not touched a phone in a while now other than my iPhone but I have heard good things about the Axon 7 which is like the OnePlus 3.

ZTE Axon 7 review

If you like media on your phone the speakers are meant to be decent.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'd probably go for the OP3 given the larger xda dev support, so in 2-3 years when you stop getting android updates you can flash a rom to an up to date version.
I have nothing but good things to say about OP, however if you do have an issue their customer support can be sluggish. ( from what I hear on complaint threads ).

Gwadien

I've been using the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, which is some cheap chinese phone.

In all honestly, it's the best phone I've ever used, I've never really desired an amazing phone really, I don't really see the point.

Sure it had a pretty whack camera, but it did the job, and it ran Hearthstone without any flaws.

I would highly recommend it if you want a cheap contract phone (work maybe) however, I just got a raised student loan, and I'm living at home, so I decided to treat myself :)

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 review | TrustedReviews

It does appear to me that within the next few years or so, when people have stopped being sheepish over iPhones and 'western known brands' Chinese phones are just going to be so sick and so cheap, whenever someone makes a technological leap and whacks on another £200-300, China are just behind them minus the price tag.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sony Z3 is less than £300 on amazon. Decent enough phone.

Vae

Resident Freddy
If you're interested I've got a spare Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Orange (plus magnetic dock) that I'm happy to sell on cheap. Bought for my wife but she hated android (had to buy her an iPhone again in the end) so only used it for about a month. Not got round to selling it on.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Sony Z3 is less than £300 on amazon. Decent enough phone.

Best phone I've had tbh. Mine is 2 years old and still easily lasts out the day, just had another software update on it too.

I thought one of our account managers had killed it last week by dropping a full glass of Dutch lager on it. Dried it off and it still works a treat.

Gwadien

If you're interested I've got a spare Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Orange (plus magnetic dock) that I'm happy to sell on cheap. Bought for my wife but she hated android (had to buy her an iPhone again in the end) so only used it for about a month. Not got round to selling it on.

How much we saying? Also how 'compact' is it I have 5.5 inches of glory and I may die if I downsize

Vae

Resident Freddy
How much we saying? Also how 'compact' is it I have 5.5 inches of glory and I may die if I downsize
Forgot to reply to this. Dug the phone out. It's 5 inches as it's the compact version. Say £150 for it and the magnetic charging dock?

Gwadien

How much without the charging dock, or is this this a next space ting phone?

Vae

Resident Freddy
£150 :) tbh I'm chucking the dock in anyway and you'd want it because the usb socket is behind a seal so a pain to keep levering the waterproof seal off to plug the charger in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom