Advice New pc

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
We need a new pc in the office, we have a very old laptop at the moment that's on its last legs.

I'm not building one just for work, we just reply to emails and do quotes and invoices on it, so it can be basic. Am i better of just going into Curry's and getting a cheap one off the shelf?

I just need the case as i have an old monitor, keys and mouse

Do DELL still exist?

Ta

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Dell still exist but quite expensive.

If it's just for doing things like that check out Lenovo, they do cheap office pcs I think

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We need a new pc in the office, we have a very old laptop at the moment that's on its last legs.

I'm not building one just for work, we just reply to emails and do quotes and invoices on it, so it can be basic. Am i better of just going into Curry's and getting a cheap one off the shelf?

I just need the case as i have an old monitor, keys and mouse

Do DELL still exist?

Ta
Depending on what you need, maybe consider getting one of these mini PC's you can pick up these days.

I've got a couple from Mele, including this Quieter 4C one which is fanless. It's not going to run any games well, will get hot to the touch but it's £250 with the voucher, Windows 11 included, 16GB RAM, 512GB storage (256GB onboard MMC style and 256GB NVME), runs off of USB-C and can run off USB-C PD as well, can do dual HDMI monitors triple with USB-C display.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/MeLE-Quieter-4C-Alder-Lake-Full-Functioned/dp/B0CP3YL6J7

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Depending on what you need, maybe consider getting one of these mini PC's you can pick up these days.

I've got a couple from Mele, including this Quieter 4C one which is fanless. It's not going to run any games well, will get hot to the touch but it's £250 with the voucher, Windows 11 included, 16GB RAM, 512GB storage (256GB onboard MMC style and 256GB NVME), runs off of USB-C and can run off USB-C PD as well, can do dual HDMI monitors triple with USB-C display.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/MeLE-Quieter-4C-Alder-Lake-Full-Functioned/dp/B0CP3YL6J7

I've got a few mini PC's. Hate the fact that Intel have discontinued the excellent NUC series. Have some Minisforum in my server collection running various things.

/me clicks the Amazon link....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
ooo, those Mele mini pcs will make fantastic emulator pcs, even has an extra slot for an NVME.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
ooo, those Mele mini pcs will make fantastic emulator pcs, even has an extra slot for an NVME.
The NVME is already filled in the 16GB RAM model, it's just a naff 256GB drive.

I honestly started out with one to stop having to use my gaming rig to remote into work, it's the earlier generation but so far I've had no issues with it.

Picked up the 4 as I think it can replace all the raspberry pi I have in my setup, the Pi 5 is great but it's too expensive for what you get by comparison

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr

That might work, Ta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom