New Official Website

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
I rather like the looks of new pages, and the flash seems to be working nice and fast so it don't bother me, quite opposite in fact.
I think flash is fine for the main pages and such, maybe not so suitable for chronicles, though. But then again, it's not actually the flash I suppose the problem in chronicles but that it uses the XML files directly, which makes it hard to make any good search functions and such that are asked for. The data processing would have to be moved to server side if better search and other options were wanted.

I just loved the NF and other pages at www.camelot-europe.com "marketing" site. Can't wait for NF trailer to finish downloading either.

PS. Please fix the non-IE compatibility as soon as possible :)

Tilda

Please tell me youre going to impliment a non-flash chronicles with new info stuff? :D

Tilda

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun Flash! Arrrrrrrrrrrh! Saviour of the Universe! Don't you know? :(

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
really like the site. Better then the last one .. more to the point.

LOVE the NF trailer (but that's just cause I'm in it for a whole 0.3 seconds!)

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Archeon said:
gen051.gif
gen051.gif

Bah, there's always a catch isn't there? And i'd finally gotten used to FireFox as well

gen051.gif
gen051.gif

STOLEN! :p

Spirou

Fledgling Freddie
Love the new site, much more slick looking than the old one and can't say the flash is a problem, but I guess for someone on 56k it might be a bit hefty.
On the other hand, 56k users are dwindling, most people got ADSL or above and at some point you have to stop cater for the few.

Not too fuzzed about the Chronicles, since I don't care much for the stats.
I know I have a large e-penis without having to confirm it every evening before I go to bed :p

Just finished watching the NF Trailer, very nice piece of work :)
Now get the marketing in Europe going, get some CDs with that trailer on it on the cover of a couple of Europe-wide game magazines and I'm pretty sure we'll see a slight influx of new players.
Also keeping Gorre open and the insta level 50/RR6 intact and slapping some 1 week trial for Gorre onto the same CD might do wonders.

All in all, good show :)

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Looks good.. Tiny news window in Opera though, as already mentioned..
And no offense to the people at GOA, but it's not hard to see that the ones in charge of the news section are French:
Since the last 30 days >>
Since the last 90 days >>
Since more than 90 days >>

Is it just me who thinks it looks a bit weird?

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Same as Enkor said. How come you don't have a Camlann Herald page. i know i can get it from duskwave or vanen but that's not the point.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
haarewin said:
it looks wierd but is probably just bad translation :)
I know. ;) What I had most problems learning when I had French in school was to say things like "I know him since 20 years". ;)
I was starting to fear my English wasn't as good as I thought. ;)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
ok let me try and explain it simply:

http://daoc.goa.com/ or http://chronicles.camelot-europe.com is the new community website (ie the website aimed at players). The two URLs point to the same thing.

http://www.camelot-europe.com/ is the new Marketting website. This is aimed at people who do not know the game, future business partners etc (ie not gamers).

The community site is flash free (aside from the chronicals which will be changed with the release of NF or shortly after). The marketting site is almost 100% flash, because it's supposed to be pretty as pretty things attract new customers etc.

P.S. rightnow links fixed and portability for different browsers is being worked on atm.

Elekrep

Loyal Freddie
Don't get it?
People whining on flash?Is it just because it's flash or do ye actually got something to base your opininion?

Flash is good looking?Flash is fast?Allmost all got flash (if not, better get it, flash is growing more and more in designing in webpages)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
[GOA]Erivoss said:
The community site is flash free (aside from the chronicals which will be changed with the release of NF or shortly after).
Sorry, thats actually not true. The left panel of links is Flash. As is the server status panel on the right. 2 separate pieces of Flash on the main page alone. In my opinion neither are necessary, nor do they look attractive, nor do they serve any useful purpose that couldnt be done BETTER without using Flash.

Oh, and if that marketing site is aimed at UK customers or worse business partners: you might want to check both the spelling and the wording of various parts of it. Much of it seems to be direct from babelfish (wouldnt be the first time :p ) with many errors obvious even in only a 5 minute reading. Hardly something that presents the image of a serious professional company.

Elekrep said:
People whining on flash?
Simple really: Web design is about making information easily accessible. NOT about making it look pretty but making it take longer to find what you want.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I see GOA neglect to use an echange rate on the Buy page for original DAOC:twak:

Original DAOC 19.95 GBP or 19.95 Euros. UK gamers take it in the ass again. Why? Especially when the addons are correctly priced.

Nothing winds me up more than seeing pricing like that on items sold in the UK.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Hawkwind said:
I see GOA neglect to use an echange rate on the Buy page for original DAOC:twak:

Original DAOC 19.95 GBP or 19.95 Euros. UK gamers take it in the ass again. Why? Especially when the addons are correctly priced.

Nothing winds me up more than seeing pricing like that on items sold in the UK.

thanks for pointing that out, it obviously isn't correct. I've forwarded that to the relevant people.

jobrounity

Regular Freddie
Very tidy design - much better overview and faster load times :)

BUT : as has been mentioned before in Opera the central frame (news etc.) is only 150 pixels high. Until this gets fixed the site is useless to me :(

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
I see you can download the full expansions of either SI or TOA as well on the site (well the patcher etc or whatever which I think you could do anyway already). Does this mean you will be finally selling CD keys on there as well?

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
lol i think GOA never heard the word "User friendly" but hey they are french and HCI might not be taken serious over there.
thumbs down
if u really wanna make it better take away all shity flash and make it work with all browsers, not only ie wich sucks or go to this site fore more info
www.w3.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom