New Official Website

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Our website has changed, you can find the player side of things here:

http://daoc.goa.com/

Obviously it's just gone live so there might be a few bugs that'll get fixed over the next few days. The old site is gone (and there's no redirection =/) so please spread the word.

Could a mod sticky this please?

edit: oh and another link to it is: http://chronicles.camelot-europe.com

[GOA]Erivoss

ok, the rightnow link doesn't work - it's being worked on now.

If you find anything else that isn't working please let us know either here or via RightNow.

Thanks.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Looks nice, a big improvement over the old one. Is it just me though or are a few of the pages not working? (Patch Archives and Roll of Honours page being two that i've noticed so far)

[GOA]Erivoss

Patch Archives isn't working yes.

Roll of Honours (the old Chronicals page) doesn't seem to work with Firefox but works with IE.

and FYI: http://camelot-europe.goa.com is the new marketting site. Boring for most people here but if you click on "Gallery" then "Videos" you can download the NF trailer we filmed a couple of weeks ago. Nice to watch ;)

Elekrep

Loyal Freddie
Wow nice work, Same style as the NF pages.
Loaded very fast with me, so making that kind of graphic with so small loading time is good job.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
Roll of Honours (the old Chronicals page) doesn't seem to work with Firefox but works with IE.

gen051.gif
gen051.gif

Bah, there's always a catch isn't there? And i'd finally gotten used to FireFox as well

gen051.gif
gen051.gif

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Much easier navigation for one thing, it'll take some getting used to, but it's improvement :)

Just one thing: where did the server specific news items go?

Boogyman

Fledgling Freddie
News window in center of page is only 150~ pixels heigh when browsing with Opera. With IE its fine..

Bloodhunter

Banned
[GOA]Erivoss said:
ok, the rightnow link doesn't work - it's being worked on now.

If you find anything else that isn't working please let us know either here or via RightNow.

Thanks.

so rightnow dosent works but we should by all means tell you all other bugs via rightnow ^^

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
awesome..... 10000% better than the origional.

any chance of working a fix for the chronicles in firefox? IE is just bad to put it mildly, and 99% of my friends use firefox also ;)

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Looks good, i'm a bit disappointed that you haven't updated the Chronicles though to come into line with how good Mythic's chronicles is.

Duskwave's chronicles is much better than GOA's, it could use a major update.

erialor

Fledgling Freddie
Uhh nice update indeed.... might wanna have a look at the numbering in the beginner manual though ;)

Edit: and the numbering in chapter 6 of the foundations manual

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Good job!
Also, the <object> tag is a Microsoft thing. In all the other browsers we use <embed> as defined in the HTML standard (afaik).

So:
Code:
Right now, the flash code is this:
                       <script language="Javascript">

document.write('<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="768" height="568">');
                      		document.write('<param name=movie value="ante.swf?ServName='+serveurid+'">');
                      		document.write('<param name=quality value=high>');
                      		document.write('<param name=menu value=false>');
                      		document.write('</object>');

</script>

Instead, use this:
document.write('<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="768" height="568">');
                      		document.write('<param name=movie value="ante.swf?ServName='+serveurid+'">');
                      		document.write('<param name=quality value=high>');
                      		document.write('<param name=menu value=false>');
                      		document.write('<embed src="ante.swf?ServName='+serveurid+'" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="768" height="568"></embed>');
                      		document.write('</object>');

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Another quick note... if you're going to be allowing the download of the ENTIRE ToA and SI clients why not allow the CD Keys to be bought online as well? I have no doubt the ability to buy CD Keys online would bring in new customers.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
still no camlann 'roll of honour'

not that i care (i look on duskwave), i just think the weak state of the official chronicles is a lost opportunity.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
acei said:
Another quick note... if you're going to be allowing the download of the ENTIRE ToA and SI clients why not allow the CD Keys to be bought online as well? I have no doubt the ability to buy CD Keys online would bring in new customers.
More buffbots!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
quibbles:

patch note archives don't work

can't seem to find the server specific news - can see the general news there on the front, but no Excalibur or Prydwen specific news

fix that chronicles for mozilla please ;)
another mozilla bug: the "buy" links that go to amazon close the window before it opens the new link which means the new window doesn't open - works fine in IE.

on the records bit it has "Recit" for the middle section of stuff - probably needs a translation

but on the whole - bloody good job :)
nice and easy to navigate and you've solved the whole "need pretty site for advertising but need easy to use site for the whiney players" thing.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
acei said:

as mythic are not allowed to sell cd keys online (due to contractual agreements somewhere) im assuming that goa are bound to have the same problem.

oh about the webpage - currently no seperate 'sections' for each server like there were before?

[GOA]Erivoss

no it seems the seperate server specific news sections were removed and now there's only one big section. In future posts the news items will have a tag to indicate what they're about...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
NF trailer is cool :)

not sure I'd have picked that music though ;) woulda gone for a more Braveheart etc. theme orchestral thing but nifty :)

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
The site is better than before yes - what about the chronicles then? Will it get improved?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Have GOA learned absolutely nothing in the last 2.5 years? Another slow ugly bloated Flash based website making the useful information difficult to get to isnt what anyone needs.

Why cant be have something simple, fast and effective?

The 'new' camelot-europe.goa.com site really is terrible. Never mind the fact thats its ugly & slow: they even managed to break the simplest of things. Not even a redirect from the old URL (camelot-europe.goa.com/en/home/php), clicking support asks you to select language - despite the fact that its already determined the language you want to use for the front-page, etc.

Chronicles site appears marginally better, but not by much. Cant see the 'roll of honour' just now since its not working with Firefox: but it looks suspiciously similar to the old disgraceful Chronicles system. Hopefully Im wrong and its been replaced with something usable.

Thank God for duskwave and daoc-stats.com - at least its possible to get information in a fast, easily searchable form. Shame GOA still arent capable of doing this themselves.

(Think that means Im not impressed! :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom