New MP mode

babs

Can't get enough of FH
It's ok, basically the same as 99% of other capture and hold style thingys.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Bloody right Scooby. Hertgen, Dawnville, Hougemont,Carentan, Rocket, most of the rest just aint up to it :/
If no new maps soon people will lose interest. (Like I am a bvit tbh :( )

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
I had high hopes for this game but it stinks in MP mode to be honest. Day of Defeat totally spanks it game play wise, coz at the moment CoD feels like I'm playing Quake 3 with WW2 weapons.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
but sadly missing strafe jump and rocket jump :(

just imagine the fun that could be had doing superman impressions and leap buildings in a single bound ;)

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
ScoobyDoo{KEA} said:
lol erm it is on the q3 engine m8 and yes you've guessed it it is a ww2 game lol.

Ha bloody ha. What I meant was its basically a deathmatch (yes I know thats one of the fucking MP options!!!) done differently; ie: nothing much has changed apart from the scenery. Given the strength of the SP game I was expecting something rather better, something a bit more tactical and challenging.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I think its ok, though I find my feet wandering their way back to Counter-Strike now Im afraid.
As far as TDM DM HQ , I hate it myself, its either retrieval of Search and Destroy or nothing. I tried to play HQ last night, lasted about 5 minutes then buggered off. What is the point in people spawning behind you ffs?
As far as DoD goes, its finished for me really. I cant get into the new versions at all :(

FlameTop

Fledgling Freddie
The main problem with HQ is that 45% of all player on COD servers have no idea what game mode they are playing. Its so common to find one team managing to kill all the other team and still not capture the radio! That and half your team not knowing how to use the radar and protecting where the radio was last round :)

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
I've not played the new mode yet, but am still enjoying CoD lots ..... but then I don't get to play it so much I suppose.
On the subject of maps ...... I downloaded the custom maps available from jolt and joined their custom map server. Some of the maps seemed quite good ..... or were at least different enough to be interesting. Give em a go if you're bored with the map selection.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
From my (very) limited experience of organised games, the SaD is the best so far, and gets very tactical. The close proximity and enclosed spaces on some of the maps makes it very tense and strategic.
Ha bloody ha. What I meant was its basically a deathmatch (yes I know thats one of the fucking MP options!!!) done differently; ie: nothing much has changed apart from the scenery. Given the strength of the SP game I was expecting something rather better, something a bit more tactical and challenging.
I can't think of one other FPS that does DM radically different from any other, nor how they could've improved or changed it in any drastic way. DM in a WWII game (or any other for that matter) is never going to be tactical, DM by its very nature is chaotic, and the challenge is only down to the quality of your opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom