new mouse! and problems!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
so i was having problems with my previous mouse it kept freezing so i went and got a razor imperator which feels great by the way however I'm now having problems with this one it keeps stuttering when i move it horizontally across the screen ive tried it at max dpi and min with max acceleration and still its stuttering. so now im thinking it might be the mousemat and my previous mouse had nothing wrong with it :/

ive got a razer sphex mouse pad currently (steelseries replacement on the way) and its basically just a thin sheet of pvc with a coating im hoping its this thats causing me issues. just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this happen to them

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Check your CPU/Disk usage in task manager. If they're way high you'll be a-stuttering.

But then, your games would run like shit - so you'd be noticing something else too... ;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
usb drivers up to date ?

by that i mean the drivers for your mother board

Syri

FH is my second home
If you think it might be the mouse pad, have you tried it just on the desk, or using a bit of card or something? might not be an ideal surface, but should at least work well enough to rule out the pad.
The main things I've known to cause problems are dirt in the sensor (not likely on a brand new mouse unless you've got a lot of pet hairs around or something), software issues, occasionally mouse pad issues (my brother apparently found his razor mouse didn't like white surfaces) and if it's wireless, you can get issues with range. software tends to be the most common cause if there's no dirt about though, so it's always worth testing the mouse with another pc and on another surface as well, when possible, just to be sure.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I've got a Razor Naga mouse and when I first got it the thing had real issues with a special gaming mouse mat I also had from Razor so I just ended up using it on the desk and it worked much better.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
seems to work ok on the desk ive got a new steelseries pad comin tommorow so ill try it with that and if its still got issues ill try the mobo drivers thxs for the tips guys always appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom