new monitor

mank!

Part of the furniture
my good old 17" iiyama crt is finally on it's death bed and needs replacing. i'm no longer restricted by the size of my desk so i'm looking for a flatscreen lcd/tft wotsit between 19" and 22"

will be used for some fps gaming.

budget of £150-£170ish.

cheers!

Kryten

Old Cow.
have the Viewsonic's improved? their older 4ms ones were bloody awful.

Need another for the father in law's box, he poked his current one a bit too hard when getting excited about a hole in one on Tiger Woods 07 :D

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Also a member of the samsung club got the 22 inch one best 235£ i've ever spent. Absolutely fantastic image quality and the piano black finish is teh sex!

raid

Can't get enough of FH
i'm also a member of the samsung club, but im not all that satisfied.

got syncmaster 225mw and the damn thing keeps crashing every now and then... even power button wont work, just have to take the electricity plug off to reset it.

the touch panel sucks ass also, buttons are marked with very light text, which is practically impossible to see except from very close in perfect lightning.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
i'm also a member of the samsung club, but im not all that satisfied.

got syncmaster 225mw and the damn thing keeps crashing every now and then... even power button wont work, just have to take the electricity plug off to reset it.

the touch panel sucks ass also, buttons are marked with very light text, which is practically impossible to see except from very close in perfect lightning.

so if you have a clearly faulty unit, why are you moaning when you have not had it replaced?

raid

Can't get enough of FH
so if you have a clearly faulty unit, why are you moaning when you have not had it replaced?

The crash feels very much like a bug in the controlling software, and I cannot reproduce it reliably, it just happens once in a few days... Not sure if they would replace it. But yeah, you're right, should at least ask.

The touch panel is just design which I don't personally like. And yeah, I know it'd be best to try the stuff at shop before buying, but it was not an option in this town... I specifically wanted a monitor with SCART input and visited a few of the "biggest" computer stores in this town, and not one of them could even tell price/order me one so only option was to order it on-line. Having had only good experiences with Samsung in the past, I even paid some extra to get one (LG would have been cheaper), but this was definitely a disappointment.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nope but hdmi -> dvi is easy.

The important question is, is does it support HDCP.

mank!

Part of the furniture
i got the samsung 206bw, arrived today and it's loverley. running it as a max res and it's jizm inducing

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Once you've had 24" you'll never go back.

this is true. after Ch3t tried it, he told me about it and I just had to try it for myself :)
at this point I do not see myself downsizing, which is somewhat worrisome, but the screen's dimensions just seem perfect for both office and games (ofc I once said the same about 19" but there you go) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom