New Monitor

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My monitor died today (its been coughing its guts up for the last 6 months), even though it's a gud 'un I thought it'd be better to buy a new one than have it repaired. So I bought an LG 226WTQ which appears very lovely indeed. Its slightly odd browsing the internet in 1680x1050!

Are there any setup guides or anything to get the optimum picture, does it need 'running in', are there any issues with burn-in or anything?

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I've just bought one of these meself, very nice monitor, a couple of issues but nothing that makes me want to cry.

Still fecking about with the picture meself but something i've done initially is to reduce the gamma and increase the contrast/brightness, seems to improve the light colours on light backgrounds and appears to show an overall improvement in the colours.

Will post more as I mess about with the settings

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeah I whacked the contrast and brightness right down, but I've got a bit of a headache now :/

I'm installing that forte manager, I'll see what that does.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ah bollocks, the Forte Manager thing doesn't work. Bah.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
16:10 rocks, but I find turning my brightness down to 50% (whilst saving kittens) causes less image persistence.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ive owned a few lcd monitors in my time, never had that happen to me,

Tom

I am a FH squatter
One thing I have noticed is that with Vista, and now W/S resolutions, my game playing abilities are fucked.

I can see me having to buy a new cpu and mb when the new HL2 episode comes out :(

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Most games don't properly adjust their menus/in-game status graphics properly, often leaving you squinting.
Vista itself is an fps hit, and high widescreen resolutions are another. Intel core 2 quad and an 8800gtx alleviate it, somewhat. :mad:
Edit: forgot about this: Master Games List - A - WSGFWiki

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom