New Internet

Whipped

Part of the furniture
ok, I've just bought a house (Fuck!!!!!). At the moment I am with Virgin media, but the download cap between 6PM and Midnight is not something I like.

I'm thinking of maybe moving to ADSL for the first time ever (Always been a cable guy). Any suggestions? ADSL2+? Sandwich??

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Cheers, looks like Cable is going to be my best bet. I'm 3.44KM away from the exchange and apparently I can only have either Sky or Talk Talk who only offer up to 8 MB :(

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Seems quite far, according to this ADSL speed estimate graph you wouldn't get much.

Sky LLU is 16mbit by the way, if the exchange says Sky enabled then you should be able to get the ADSL2 package.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Quick query.

You are approximately 630 metres from the exchange (straight line distance).

... and acording to that graph I should be able to get 8mb upto 1800mtrs ish. However I only connect 2.1mb or so. According to my provider I should be able to get 'upto 8mb'. Any ideas, or just crap provider?

Clown

Part of the furniture
How are you connecting to the internet? Also, line length is always longer than straight line distance.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Quick query.

You are approximately 630 metres from the exchange (straight line distance).

... and acording to that graph I should be able to get 8mb upto 1800mtrs ish. However I only connect 2.1mb or so. According to my provider I should be able to get 'upto 8mb'. Any ideas, or just crap provider?

Perhaps you have really crap wires leading into and around your house...
Tried a better ADSL Filter? Sometimes that helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom