New GOA DAoC web site is up!

O

old.Velo

Think the gui needs some work... sorting by rp/level/etc...
And we want player stats outside guildstats pls.
and it took me 2 min to find the damn scroll list... but thats cuz im stupid.
and skip the sound effects, infact skip all the flash mushimush and make a basic html one... i hope someone will make one where you can search etc when they release the xml.

I want to know whos alts is whos allso.

C

[Cerebus]

Kemor, remember those screenshots you made of the Midgard relic raid up in the sky with all the lightning pounding down on the defenders?

Try and get them up on the websites screenshot section, those where the most awsome pictures a lot of us have ever seen.

Some of those old ones don't do the game justice now.

D

deadparrot

great website :)

<runs of to play with it>

M

milithiel

i think the new site kicks ass, i cant see anything wrong with it.

A

Alrindel

It is clearly unfinished, there are some important things missing - listings of crafters, sorting players by RP, but I guess those are the things coming after patch day. The translation from the French of the background articles in the Universe section is a little rough in many places. And - while I think it looks really cool and the interface is neat - a text version would make this poor Celeron 466 happier - my laptop isn't going to enjoy this web site at all. :p Really nice work on the part of the GOA web team, though, and I can't wait for them to start publishing the XML!

NOTE: make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed (Flash Player 6) otherwise you might have problems.

O

old.Revz

Please, please make the Herald a bit more functional rather than pretty :mad: The US one is perfect, it lets you compare and contrast just about everything you would want to as well as list things as you like. You can't sensibly compare anything or see individual player RP totals :/

Also how up to date is it? We broke 7 million RP last weekend yet the Herald thingy shows us on 6.3 million.

How about a ranking of RP per guild member? In fact where is the functionality of the US site :mad:

The website looks great I am just somewhat dissappointed with being unable to analyse some of the things I wanted to with the new Herald.

A

Alrindel

For me and my guild it is up to date as of this morning, including our latest RPs and crafting gains.

O

old.Aralik

imo i think the US site is shit. This is way better. i like it goa so keep it! - but do make is more funtionible such as sorting by lists.

M

Merecraft

Well it looks nice, but it seems a buit too much style over substance. The Herald isnt as pretty but its a damn "site" more useful (spot the pun? :) )

What I really wanted was a way of linking directly to the guilds information from our website like you can do with the Herald. How can I put a link on our website that will open up the chronicles page for Artisans of Willow? With the flash theyve used its not possible... unless someone can tell me different. Flash... ugh! Talk about a waste of bandwidth.

Oh well, hurry up with the xml source instead. Ive got everythign coded and waiting for that :)

M

milithiel

why cant people just be happy with Goa for once instead of badly criticising everything they do even when its good :rolleyes:

even when the servers are patched to 1.49 someone will be moaning again most likely

K

Keri

Hmmm .. people are saying they can't find individual crafter details, or individual RP totals. They are there, but only if you know what guild the character is in. Maybe GOA are still going to tweak things a little, based on any feedback they get.

Well done GOA .. you really are starting to show the players that you can get things done.

A

Alrindel

The whiners on the european servers aren't nearly as good as the whiners on Mythic's servers. Whiny posts on VN boards are TWICE as whiny as whiny posts on Barrysworld.

K

kemor

Or just read the news :)

For now, some search and sort options are missing but they will be implemented in the coming days (search by guild name, last time online, sort by member name, etc…)

We had to publish the chronicles and this version is mainly focused on guilds (members, info, etc). More sort options, search options, will come...

M

Merecraft

Im not whining, just saying theyve gone a bit crazy with the flash, which hogs bandwidth and is slow for those on 56k, and makes it hard to find the information you want quickly.

Im glad its there at last! Just wish they'd done it differently.

I think GOA are really pulling their socks up... the recent events we've had in Hibs have been awesome.

O

old.Aralik

for the 56k people, there is always the XML support. learn how to use it and make your own page thats flash free ;)

O

old.Aralik

Also kemor and you get the web team to put commers between the numbers, it hurts my eyes when is a long list of number together :p

M

Merecraft

Like I said Aralik, I have had the xml pages coded for weeks now, just been waiting to get the source to use them.

It would be nice for those who havent got the time to code their own pages for a link to be provided direct to the guild info though, like they have in the US.

What are the chances Kemor? Or can it be done now?

W

wolvon fury

Very nicely done, Kinda reminds me of the main menu of Age of Empires 2,

But very well done

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Alrindel
The whiners on the european servers aren't nearly as good as the whiners on Mythic's servers. Whiny posts on VN boards are TWICE as whiny as whiny posts on Barrysworld.

Yeah our whiners over here are crap! GOA needs to employ some better whine-generators! :)

F

Flimgoblin

actually flash ain't so bad...

but they could make a nice accessible version too I suppose (or if they don't someone else will when the XML comes out... don't worry :))

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Preeeeetty!:)

I love eye candy - and there is a lot of it... and as soon as you have figured out how to navigate around it's easy to find what you were looking for.

Definitely like it.

Let the whiners whine...*shrug* I don't care right now.

K

kemor

The XML files will be available soon, we are polishing the "documents".
If you want something with a nice yellow background and little letters in pink with RPS in l33t red caps , you'll be welcomed to do it :)

D

Danya

Originally posted by kemor
If you want something with a nice yellow background and little letters in pink with RPS in l33t red caps , you'll be welcomed to do it :)
ROFL, nice one :D
Personally I think it's fine, once we get the sorting / searching options in, the only thing I'd change is commas in the RP numbers as those big numbers are hard to compare otherwise.

T

Tenko

Absolutely lovely.

And as I actually read the news before I'd post about it im happy to wait a few more days for added functionality.

<wags his fingers at those who cry before they're hurt>

:p

O

old.Sko

Ranking by guilds and individual members, that's the thing which is missing.
Look at herald ;) make it like this ;) and i don`t really care whether you provide a nice flash view or just plain text.
PS. And add commas. Please.

kkthxbye.

O

Orin Askhammare

:clap:

Looks really nice. Like mentioned before I'd also like to see , seperators in the numbers, makes them a bit easier to read. Just like was done for xp recently in game.

With the promised search/sort functionality promised I'm sure it will be even better soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom