New game suggestion

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The best game ever IMO was probably Civilisation. Crap graphics and sound, but utterly addictive gameplay, many were the times I found myself still playing at 3am (4 hour sessions were not unusual, although I didn't know they were 4 hours at the time).

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Uncle Sick said:
I am waiting for this.

Have been waiting for quite awhile actually... and I pray that I won't be disappointed. But it looks great.

that so reminded me of the under rated codemasters RTS game Soldiers: Heroes Of World War II , that game is pure class damn shame not many people got it.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Was just about to say Heroes of Might and Magic .. same deal, utterly shite graphics but insanely addictive!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Got C&C Generals today. Fucking great game, I love it already. Cheers guys.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Did anyone actually suggest that?

Dawn of War is a mile better.

Neural Network

Fledgling Freddie
Only game I've bought recently has been Evil Genius. That's great game.

A good "old" underated game I always like to play is Hostile Waters. Single player only but great.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Tell you what's fantastic and a quick skim through the thread tells me no one's mentioned it - Total Annihilation. Absolutely rocktastic oldé RTS. If you haven't played it then you're totally lame and must get it as soon as humanly possible.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
DoW and KotoR have been mentioned recently. I concur.

C&C:Generals == teh sux !!1

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:
C&C:Generals == teh sux !!1

I originally thought so too, but my mate assured me it was fabbo. I gave it some more time and it turns it it's really rather gut.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Nah it does suck. Nothing beats the original c&c red alert. What happened to the cool music instead of this rubbish classical stuff?

Also the single player is absolutely rubbish, I only played 2 missions. MP is fun but only for about one game a month.

Warcraft 3 is a good RTS if you like shorter games, I got tired of c&c because in multiplayer games lasted well over 1 hour, in warcraft 3 they last 5-25 mins, normally 10 mins a game.

Warcraft 3 single player is ace too, it has a good storyline and the cinematics are first class! Plus its only about £15-£20 too!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
KevinUK said:
Also the single player is absolutely rubbish, I only played 2 missions. MP is fun but only for about one game a month.

Exactly my point - first time I played it it was absolutely turd, didn't get much further than that. After some convincing from a mate, I gave it more time. Turns out it's actually good when you get in to it. Zero Hour expansion pack is gut too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom