New frontier keeps

Elorelen Hearthunter

Fledgling Freddie
Haldar said:

Siege Warfare
The largest change in siege warfare in New Frontiers is that the walls of a keep can be besieged and broken down. While walls are far more difficult to breach than doors, collapsing a section of wall is possible. Defenders will have to defend all parts of the keep, not just the doors.

There will be four types of siege weapons in New Frontiers:
Rams for use on doors
Catapults for use on Keep walls and enemies
Ballistas for use on enemy siege weapons
Boiling Oil for use on enemies attacking a door.

ROOOOFLL INC THE CATAPULT ZERG!! :D

Boogyman

Fledgling Freddie
Additionally, keeps will be constructed so that point-blank area affect spells (PBAEs) will not work through keep walls and closed doors.

Yay ^^

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
hm, and what pc spec you gotta have to be able to run this smoothly? (incl atlantis ofc)

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Elorelen Hearthunter said:
Siege Warfare
Rams for use on doors

^^ Thats really cool Imo !

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Elorelen Hearthunter said:
Siege Warfare
The largest change in siege warfare in New Frontiers is that the walls of a keep can be besieged and broken down. While walls are far more difficult to breach than doors, collapsing a section of wall is possible. Defenders will have to defend all parts of the keep, not just the doors.

Rams for use on doors

ROOOOFLL INC THE CATAPULT ZERG!! :D
Other than the copy-paste, that was a fucking stupid post.

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
Hib pbaoe nerf! xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Indeed Xplo - but all realms PBAOE is affected :)

The chanter whine has already begun on Vn ('Ill quit!') though Im sure the majority will see it as common sense.

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
I guess lvling my thane with lifter 3 (going for lifter 5) wasn't for nothing :) This will be really really cool :)

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
hm, and what pc spec you gotta have to be able to run this smoothly? (incl atlantis ofc)

Nothing that a normal person can afford just like that, im afraid :C

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Additionally, keeps will be constructed so that point-blank area affect spells (PBAEs) will not work through keep walls and closed doors.
So ofc anyone who uses this atm is cheating since why would they be changing it if it wasnt a cheat? -Hib Mentality™

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if I get rp's if I kill Zoyster with boiling oil... :eek:

Hope there is some bug that makes me beeing able to oil farm without breaking stealth.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Not sure I like that pbaoe won't be able to go through doors/walls :\ ... keeps is bloody huge, not like they can't move away from the pbaoe if some chanter decides to boom a little. Easily interrupted as well, gtaoe or that pbaoe dd chant those darn reavers got - ah well, guess it's just the normal behaviour from Mythic, nerfing something mainly used by the better groups/peoples, so that the actual cash cows will be able to break their weapons on doors :p

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
Not sure I like that pbaoe won't be able to go through doors/walls :\ ... keeps is bloody huge, not like they can't move away from the pbaoe if some chanter decides to boom a little. Easily interrupted as well, gtaoe or that pbaoe dd chant those darn reavers got - ah well, guess it's just the normal behaviour from Mythic, nerfing something mainly used by the better groups/peoples, so that the actual cash cows will be able to break their weapons on doors :p

yea, nerfing smth which is used for farm, like they did with corpse summoner, right?
been numerous times on both sides, and i think this is quite nice fix ^^

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
"yea, nerfing smth which is used for farm, like they did with corpse summoner, right?
been numerous times on both sides, and i think this is quite nice fix ^^"
- old.anubis
So basicly what you're saying is, that neither side should be able to kill each other (because killing others would be classified as "farming")? GG - If I want a game where all I can do is /wave to the other players, I'd have picked EQ instead.

It's incredible easy to counter pbaoe, move out of range, interrupt or just CC those casters - even albs has figured out how to do that these days :rolleyes:

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
...ah well, guess it's just the normal behaviour from Mythic, nerfing something mainly used by the better groups/peoples, so that the actual cash cows will be able to break their weapons on doors :p

dunno if u rellay need to be GOOD to push the pbaoe-button tho :D

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Towers

In New Frontiers, the term "Outpost" now signifies a keep surrounded by four protective towers. Each tower is located in a strategic location to the keep it protects: guarding a hilltop within firing range of a keep, overlooking a landing beach, defending a narrow approach, etc. Having these towers gives smaller guilds a chance to control a part of the frontier - towers will be able to be taken over just like keeps, with guild banners and spawned guards.
:( :( :( :(

Bure

Fledgling Freddie
funny people think useing pbae throu walls and doors are right as it works now :) .....

sure i love pbae with my SM throu doors and walls but if i can't do it anymore "nerf" its not the first thing i scream if you think of it pbae throu doors and walls should never have been there in the fisrt place IMO

freakyphil

Fledgling Freddie
Is anyone else having issues viewing any of this? I've been trying all day and it just keeps coming up 'operation timed out'.

Don't know if its an issue with my internet at work though so thought I'd ask here before I go kill our servers... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom