New Expansion

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
so many people doom saying already! OMG there prvoding new stuff d00m d00m!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
hmm giant troll on a small wolf swinging a 2h sword that is bigger than the wolf.. cool stuff

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
You also may want to get yourself a real girlfriend/boyfriend, and I mean a 3D real flesh and bones job, not the one you currently fantasize about in Guild Wars :)

guild wars girls dontspend all your money and bitch on and on all day long though. Then again they dont dothe ironing either :/

oh and bad luck saying people quitting and still posting ect, my account on Daoc is still open and im not cancelling my subs, i still pop on from time to time, i just think guild wars is a hell of a lot more fun atm.

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
more about mounts:

This was specifically asked at the Roundtable after they announced mounts... (I was there, this isn't 3rd hand)

A mount will still go slower than a Bard. A bard on a mount will go faster than a non-speed class on a mount.

They are very carefully adjusting the speed to avoid making Minstrels, Skalds, and Bards obsolete.

Also, the free horses anyone can get (without the expansion, even) will be slower than the enhanced horses available to those with the expansion.

They're not decided on whether the mounts can go into the frontier, but you can't fight from them or use them in combat. You can be attacked while riding on a horse - it will disappear and you will be automatically placed in attack stance.

some ideas of RT attendees how to spice up frontier live.

In addition to asking about towers, I also asked about using Seige equipment on keeps and having the keep mobs adjust to a hole in the wall the same as they would with a ram on the door.... would give some variety for a keep take...

It was also brought up during the RvR/Frontiers breakout about an island in the ocean where there is an additional keep or epic dungeon... possibly even underwater... Not even planned for the near future, but possible.

For RvR servers someone suggested have Epic Mobs (dragon, etc...) take over a tower and hold it until taken back... just to add spice... There was overwhelming support when asked who would be interested in having that happen.

mythics balancing 1x1

Not in her exact words, but I’ll try to summarize what we discussed

The issue of character balance is driven by a parametric model based on data collected from in game tracking, player feedback (which is one of the smaller variables) and a mixture of popularity and factors.

The real meat of the balance is on the data collected from in game. As is well know (and I play almost exclusively in MID) the LA and Warlock Nerf (which I disagreed with) as well as the other character balance “corrections” that have occurred in the past were based on this complex model. (Note, at no time did she or anyone say that their model was perfect). The most interesting thing I found out was how little player feedback and especially VN post affected the data. (After hearing whines from all three realms I was glad it was such a minor factor in the models.)

The one factor that kept jumping out was that before a “correction” (aka as we all like to call it Nerf) happens they have to look at how by “nerfing” a class may overpower another class. This seems to be the most complex model they have to run. Additionally some of the data for balance is derived on the solo vs group performance of characters. i.e. a healer can’t effectively solo, but in a group a healer , in particular a pac healer is very playable.

There seems to be a fine line between what we all consider as over and underpowered. As I found out this last weekend, each realm and internal to each realm, each class thinks it’s underpowered. Of course we have to take into consideration MLs and RAs which has the ability to give the edge to any class. (This was never addressed how a casual player, less than 2 hours a night, could compete in big boy RvR without spending the time required at one setting to do a ML series.)

There are some classes that they have admitted need to be looked at for adjustments, either up or down, and they are working on them; however they are trying to avoid a huge swing of the pendulum causing unforeseen problems with that class or other classes.

I hated the warlock nerf, I never instant dropped anyone, however they are still evaluating if the nerf really hurt the class or not and may make adjustment to the class still either up or down. But from my experience and listening to her as well as players from other realms, much of what I perceived as being overpowered or underpowered, is just that “my perception”.

-> Videos of the new exp presentation and panel session should appear very soon as well (about tomorrow). Just hold on! :D

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Ever been there? The pic encounters of LB are called Mouth, King, Legendary Afanc, Wrath of Mordred, etc. ;)

me and my m8 were bored once and killed all the epic mobs in lyonesse with 2 pallies and a bot :p

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
me and my m8 were bored once and killed all the epic mobs in lyonesse with 2 pallies and a bot :p

I killed mouth with an s/s armsmen + BB, pre-NF. No styling for like 10 minutes, except for pots :|

= I win

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
05-03-2005 -
Things in these notes are Subject to change nothing is final. Just notes that I took while at the Dc Roundtable..

Guild Update Patch 1.76

Introduction of a User friendly guild interface
- Community interface

-New guild merit system which gives incentives for guilds and for players to stay in guilds.

-New guild banners and the ability to carry them in battle.

-Guild RvR Missions

-Guild Dues: Money will come from guild members. A small 2% deduction will get deposited into a guild bank. GM’s will have the ability to turn this on or off.

- Revamp the guild ranking system

------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Market Search Patch Version 1.77

-Complete Update of the Market System Being Discussed

-Revamped Epic Quests

New expansion: Currently in the Early Design Phase

**Reminder nothing is final this is just what they have on paper**

-The king is in danger! A vile rebellion has arisen in the kingdom, led by an unknown force, and intent on removing the King and claming power for them selves.
-Solve the riddle of who is behind the uprising
-Embark of a vast series of tasks that thrust you directly into the conflict at hand.
-Dare to journey through new land towards the front gates of your vile enemy's stronghold
-Invade the enemy stronghold and defeat the villains in an epic battle for your homeland
-Crush the rebellion lead by challengers to the throne who seek to unseat your king
-Ride to glory on fully customizable player-controlled mounts!
-Expand your characters talents and aptitude by gaining newly introduced champion levels!
-For the glory of your realm and the rewards that are bestowed upon such champions, take part in a quest on monumental proportions.

-The expansion includes a series of tightly focused quests designed for players from level 30 to 50 and beyond.

-Intended to add many hours of new play experience, the expansion story leads players all over the DAoC world using a variety of static, dynamic and instanced content to keep players immersed within the story.

-The quests and expansion content culminate in 3 new high level adventuring zones, bringing closure to the expansion story.

-Rewards (both interim and final) for playing the expansion include new loot, Champion level, player mounts, a new sub-classing system and a highly desirable Champion Weapon.

----

Fight for your king and kingdom and earn the mightiest of champion weapons!

-The King Serves as the Contact Point for New Content
-Rally under the banners of kings new and old to crush the rebellion at hand
-The king's throne is an instance located in the capital cities
-The king kicks off the champion level track as well the champion's quest
-Quests are handed out by the king
-Starting at level 30
-Ultimately directs players to new Areas and Zones
-Difficult and Lengthy, the final steps of the quest require a full group of 8 to complete successfully
-Many interim rewards
-Final reward is a new champion weapon

Here is a picture of a Alb Champion weapon

pallyepicsword.jpg

----

-Players must be level 50 to begin the champion levels
-5 Champion levels introduced in the expansion
-Xp for champion levels are awarded through RvR, PvE and Champion Level Content
-Sub-Class skill points awarded for completing each champion level

----

Inherit Boost per Level:
-Increased access to the subclass skills
-small hit point increase
-small power point increase
-new champion title

Milestone rewards:
-Additional access to purchase items in the King's Magery (may include respec stones, weapon tints and more.
-Unlock customization features for your mount, such as Barding, saddlebags and armor
-Unlock the ability to obtain new and unique mount types

----

With the launch of the expansion two types of mounts will be offered:

Standard (available to all players)
Advanced (Expansion Required)

Standard Mounts:

-Expansion not required
-Obtainable at lvl 35
-Solo quest must be completed
-Slower than advanced mounts.
-Not customizable

Advanced Mounts

-Expansion Required
-Ability to Purchase Granted at lvl 45
-Several Skins available throughout the world
-Faster than standard mounts
-Highly customizable (Barding, Armor, Saddlebags etc)

Here are pictures of some advaced mounts

mountsbannered.jpg

horsewithoutbanner.jpg

Subclass Info:

-15 Sub Class Categories (1 Per Archetype) - Example: Paladin can choose low lvl fire DD spell
-Hand crafted to Avoid Unwanted Results - For example we will not add any crowd control, track, bladeturn, pets, etc
-Freedom of choice, Players can delve 5 deep into one line or one deep into five lines if they choose
-Standard Trainers throughout the world offer sub-class options to champions.

Notes from asking Dev’s questions about mounts.

- No mount combat at this time (maybe in the future)
- Can’t kill horses
- They are looking into letting us name the horse’s
- Horses will be able to swim
- Saddle bags will be able to hold inventory
- So far they have Black, White & brown models
- There is a Encumbrance Limit.
- Nothing special added to housing
- Hope to have animated mounting and dismounting.
(EDIT) Ok I did have notes wrong on horses in RVR
They will be ridable in NF you just can't actually attack while on them, and if you're attacked your horse will poof (From Missy)

Notes from Dev’s about Epic Armor
- You will have to start your epic quests all together no trade Inn’s
- They are making it so the final quests are not class specific to get groups more easily
- Not all parts will be solo able will need a full group

Notes from Dev’s about Champion weapons.
- These will be class specific
- Duel wielders will get a option for a left hand weapon

Notes from Dev’s about Champion Levels
- For each Champion level you will gain some to power and hit points
- There will be 5 levels you can put all 5 points in 1 Sub Class or spread it out.

cheers
Solo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom