new dvd/cd writer recommendations

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
i know theres one of these around but its a bit old, there may have been developments since then...

as the title says, i need a dvd/cd writer. my old one (a sony crx320e combined cdrw/dvd) doesnt seem to like burning anymore.

anyway, so i want something retail, preferably with a nice copy of nero or something. and i saw something about lightscribe? that sounds interesting but not really a major factor.

money isnt really an issue but i dont wanna spend away from the norm (im guessing £50?) unless its something amazing. and on that note, why are plextors SO expensive?

oh and in case i wasnt clear, it should play dvds and write to cds at least (dvd writer is probably the more wise option these days).

thanks!

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
They are all much of a muchness, but I like the NEC one's myself. Something like the NEC AD7170A should do you, will cost ~£25 and is a CD/DVD writer.

Not worth bothering with lightscribe, funky feature, but the disks are expensive, and generally not as good quality as good standard DVD-R's.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Whats more it takes about 30-40 minutes to cut a lightscribe label and it really doesn't look that great anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom