New Design - Alcohol Resistant Base Unit!

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Eh - drunk. Got 2 computers linked through a usb cable. Both are connected to a kvm switchbox that allows me to press a button and swap between the both. One monitor, keyboard and mouse controls both. Perfect really for all sorts of online use. Pissed one night and decided to listen to music through headphones. Connects the headphones to the proper slot. Can't remember much after that but I know it was working fine. Morning arrives and I find one computer is off? Will not come on wotever I do. I eventually find I had worked loose the mouse cable and it might have shorted against the case. This really should not be enough to knock out a computer. Ain't delved any further yet but am pretty sure the mb is shot which is incredibly annoying. Ok I was pissed but even so this could happen to anyone. Fragile is not the word. :mad: .

Clown

Part of the furniture
Two computers linked by USB is pretty lollerific. Also, I've never had a mouse short on a case or whatever the fuck you're saying. What did happanened? Is there a question? :)

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
most likely the psu, imho...was there a bad smell in the room when you went in ? & is there any sign of life anywhere ?

First call, check all cables, reset the Bios using the mobo jumpers...look for fans moving...smell the psu...does it smell bad ?

I dont see how the usb plug could kill the mobo unless the mobo was badly fitted to the case ? :drink: Also, can you confirm that no tasty fermentation-based beverages were introduced into the aforementioned unit during your drunken fumblings :) :touch:

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Well all I could find was a loose mouse cable that was resting on the case. Thing is though that the mouse cable is a part of the kvm switch unit I use. Still can't see how it would have wrecked the board but you never know. All I do know is that the base unit is dead now. Disconnected it and will delve in further soon. Will start with another psu and go from there. Still gotta suspicion the mb is shot though. Running a Duron 1300 processor which might be a bit offa prob when it comes to locating another board (if). Bloody things :mad: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom