New contract required.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Mrs Wil's, and my for that matter, mobile contracts are up for renewal soon.

At the mo, were both on vodafone with 100 anytime/network minutes and 50 texts at about £28 each.

Im looking for probably less minutes, maybe 50 if possible, and more texts, maybe 100 or more, but for less money. Not too picky am I?

Im wondering if anyone knows of the best (ie. cheapest) place to get a contract from.

Also, I notice that the 3 network seem to be cheap, whats the coverage like, bareing in mind that we live in the relativley sticky sticks, not like in the lakes or Northumberland, just a bit sticky........kind of.......:(

As ever, the best reply gets a cookie, or a kiss from Mrs Wil ;)

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Wilier

I believe 3's coverage is pretty good nowadays, certainly the normal 2/2.5G, if not 3G outside the major towns and cities. 3 Coverage details the current and future status of their coverage and service.

As for your needs, plenty of deals should be better than what you describe for less money than you're paying now. Three, for example, offer 100 minutes and 100 texts for £20, which you can currently get for half price for three months, all with free phones too. This kind of deal is available, and probably bettered too, on other networks, as Clown says. Note that online deals are often better than those in store.

If you only need off-peak to Orange and landlines, Orange offer 1000 minutes and 150 texts for £20. Orange will also match other networks' tariffs if you prefer their range of phones.

Kind Regards

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The amount of people in London (where 3 is meant to have good reception) who have returned 3 phones where I work is huge. Network problems, handset problems, god awful customer service. Just my two pence worth.

BTW, your getting ripped off on your current deal. I get 200 cross network minutes and 500 texts for £30 a month, thats on Orange, but the others all do very similar deals -if not better now.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
OK, theres a packet of chocolate HobNobs on my desk if you 3 gents would like to come and get one, theres also a pot of coffee, so you can dunk 'em.

:)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I wouldn't touch the "3" Network with a barge pole.
Its an absolutely crap network even in London.

Go for Orange or O2

Gray

FH is my second home
I was gonna get my contract today on the D500, but they refused after i got to the store saying i had to be workin for em 3mths :(

Twats. No fucker told me that. Grr

Gray

FH is my second home
Onestop seem to be a decent company, unlike a certain "Phones4u".. (Grr), im going to be getting a free D500, and 400mins for £17 then after 6months just gonna drop it to the lowest tariff. £8.

After April of course :/

But, on 4th April o2 are releasing i think it called the Nokia 6680, a 3G phone, i maybe tempted to do some research, but at the moment its D500 in pole position with S700i behind

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
This year is likely to see more changes to phones which will outdate whatever we buy to some extent :( Samsung plan both a 7 megapixel camera phone as well as one with a 3GB microdrive, larger displays with 320x240 pixel resolutions are already being phased in, and WiFI access and Windows Mobile Edition 2005 are also on the horizon. *sigh* Just can't keep up :)

Kind Regards

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Thats why I generally re-new my contract every year and therefore getting myself a new phone for free each year.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
dysfunction said:
Thats why I generally re-new my contract every year and therefore getting myself a new phone for free each year.

Yup, same here. In fact, I'm going to get to do this again in a couple of months :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
A new phone every year? Try 2 times a year heh :)

6680/6681 does look very nice, and its a far superior phone to the d500 Gray. Jonty is right though bigger things on the horizon.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Wilier

If you have a few grand spare (quite literally) then maybe you could stretch to one of the Vertu range of phones? hehe.

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. Do you get charged much for upgrading your phone that frequently, Ch3tan?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well, i bought my last phone offline, and got a £75 upgrade ccharge for the one before that. Depends on your monthly bills. I get bored of phones easily though, so its essential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom