New Cheap Laptop - can you beat this?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What ho.

Family laptop buying time. I'm of the opinion that consumer electronics are much of a muchness nowadays but I have to ask the question:

Can you beat this for the price (or within, say, 30 quid of the price?)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dunno but too big. 15.6inch laptop? Laptops are supposed to be portable.
Nope - definitely right size.

Won't be ported often. But when it does it's not going to be carried around other than in a car and from a car to house.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Can't stand them that big. They tend to roll off my lap when reaching for the Kleenex.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, standard old people shit. It's a 400-quid laptop, they can't expect the world, but they want a laptop specifically and a big-ish screen.

Only reason I posted that one is because I wonder if some geek can better it for the price. :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Laptop's direct are very good with their pricing so doubt you will get anything better.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
But more secure than intel.
Maybe. But i would argue that they found the flaws in intel and fixed them with patches etc. That there maybe flaws in amd that are not know yet.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
My only issue with the initial post would be the HDD - some laptops (mine) use Optane memory in them to speed things up thus don't need an SSD, generally they come with bigger HDD's, I get it's a family laptop but 256gb really isn't much after windows and all of its updates.

As for the one @Wij posted - not bad for the price that, really can't complain for under £400

One I use atm is an Acer laptop, bit dated now I guess but it's an I5 8250U (iirc), 8gig ram, 1tb HDD / Optane Memory / GTX 1050 (think its 4gb version, not sure) snagged it on offer for just over £600 awhile back.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We didn't - but that's pretty spanky isn't it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom