Motoring New Car Ideas?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Remap from someone like R-Tech would be 100% fine, just don't get it done cheap

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Was that you Adambacon? Were you the one who asked if I was on FH over on the MPS forum?

I fear remapping since it b0rked my Volvo, well maybe it wasn't the remap but it scares me now :(

Lol yeah that was me :), you can't go wrong with hypertech, it is a plug and play conservative map but it is also safe. When you decide you want a better map you can return the car to stock and sell it on.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Tbh i don't see how a 256bhp car needs a remap, if it was front wheel drive i would say anything over 300bhp would be a total waste and would probably require an upgraded clutch/brakes/intercooler but it's 4wd so it's your call i guess, atleast drive it stock for awhile to appreciate it.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
A remap would be to improve when the boost comes in and how long it lasts (I imagine) because there is no kick to speak of, it is all very smooth, I do like kicks. Also a remap would improve fuel economy.

NO ADAMS I MUST RESIST!!!

:eek:

Punishment

Resident Freddy
ECU remap will do 4 tihings.

1. Improve power slightly.
2. Improve torque considerably.
3. Improve economy a small bit 3-4 mpg
4. Smooths out power delivery (depends on if it's a custom remap or not)

Trem

The MPS remap -

1. Improves power by about 30bhp
2. Improves torque by about 60nm
3. Economy improvement is just my way of justifying it to myself :D

It didn't bloody smooth out the power delivery on the Volvo, it almost ripped your face off when it kicked in. Mind you it was a RICA remap which are meant to be "harsh".

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Get your remap from someone who knows what they are doing tbh and pay a hundred quid or so more, as otherwise it will ruin the car :)

Trem

Get your remap from someone who knows what they are doing tbh and pay a hundred quid or so more, as otherwise it will ruin the car :)

Oh god definitely, I really don't think I will though. Will get new plugs and maybe a K&N replacement panel filter but I reckon that will be it.

On a bit of a tangent, why do Jap sports cars all have the same smell inside? This Mazda smells the same inside as a Celica GT4 I had and I am sure it smells the same as the Impreza's and the Skyline I once had. It is nice but strange.

Hmmmmm.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Very few places can remap an MPS properly, XO power and BBR are probally the 2 trusted to give a real remap.

Hypertech is an american company that provides a tried and tested map in a box, totally harmless, and designed to work with stock cars, or cars with induction kits installed. It does provide more power, smoother delivery and a small fuel saving if you drive like a woman :), but it wont provide anything close to what BBR or XO can give.

My car is still under warranty which is why I went with Hypertech (I can swap between stock and the map within about 2 mins), with a Corksport Induction kit and the Hypertech it has given me 285bhp and 311lb/ft of torque.

The car will be happy on stock internals up to 300bhp, after that your looking to at least replace the hp fuel hose.. well on the 3 at least.

one thing is for sure, after a few visits to mpsowners you will get the urge :p

Trem

Very few places can remap an MPS properly, XO power and BBR are probally the 2 trusted to give a real remap.

Hypertech is an american company that provides a tried and tested map in a box, totally harmless, and designed to work with stock cars, or cars with induction kits installed. It does provide more power, smoother delivery and a small fuel saving if you drive like a woman :), but it wont provide anything close to what BBR or XO can give.

My car is still under warranty which is why I went with Hypertech (I can swap between stock and the map within about 2 mins), with a Corksport Induction kit and the Hypertech it has given me 285bhp and 311lb/ft of torque.

The car will be happy on stock internals up to 300bhp, after that your looking to at least replace the hp fuel hose.. well on the 3 at least.

one thing is for sure, after a few visits to mpsowners you will get the urge :p

I have briefly delved into the Hypertech site but struggled to find any info or prices or in fact which box and tune to buy. Any further info on them Adams?

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
if you do decide to try the hypertech out, I would recommend looking in the for sale section on the mps forum, I bought mine second hand from there, if you decided you didnt like it, or wanted better you could then resell it on the forum for the same price you paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom