[INFO] New announcement from GOA on war-europe.com

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
So, OB starts on sunday afternoon, awesome!!

Still dont have my beta key from EA, very annoyin, wish I'd gone after one of the free giveaway ones :S.

72hrs time, I'm gonna be unleashing vengeance on the Destro scum...

WAAAAAAGHH!!!!:flame:

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
i just hope my key and their accounts page work seemlessly

crossess fingers

mikasaka

Fledgling Freddie
Just got to wait for them to get the auth servers back up and running so we can register our keys.

>.<

saks

Fledgling Freddie
SOO GOOD! im away till evening on sunday, due to football match. So the start pressure will be of when i get home :)

Schmidty

Fledgling Freddie
I'm rather excited, do we know an exact time its going to start?

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
I give it approx 10 mins after the servers open before they are killed by the massive influx of people ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I give it approx 10 mins after the servers open before they are killed by the massive influx of people ;)

I've heard some stats on the performance at the new datacentre, and I think it will hold up, to be honest :)

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
OK, so servers open early afternoon

I'm saying 1400 on sunday

66 hours remaining...
Work tomorrow - 8 hours
Sleep - 24 hours (its the weekend)
Drinking (doesnt that speed up the time?) - 20 hours

So, 14 hours to spend on non essentials
- eating
- gf
- I cant think of any more....

I'm far too excitable, cant think straight...

:)

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
pikeh said:
Jupitus said:
I've heard some stats on the performance at the new datacentre, and I think it will hold up, to be honest
Aye, I agree. £9million couldn't have gone to waste!

:iagree:

Indeed, they're not the UK civil service :)

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
US have another preview weekend if Im not mistaken, so they will be playing from later today.

That, in no way though, is a different treatment between US and European players ;)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
US have another preview weekend if Im not mistaken, so they will be playing from later today.

That, in no way though, is a different treatment between US and European players ;)

No it is total <insert explicit curse word here as you read> of unequal treatment in light of the so called "promises" of equal treatment - but the preview weekend isn't the "Open Beta". (although I can understand the "imagery")

peo

Fledgling Freddie
No it is total <insert explicit curse word here as you read> of unequal treatment in light of the so called "promises" of equal treatment - but the preview weekend isn't the "Open Beta". (although I can understand the "imagery")

Of course it isn't...
Semantics works wonders for definitions sometimes... In practice anyone should be able to see it is identical to a open beta head start for the people who were in the earlier preview.
But doesn't matter... My expectations aren't exactly high about anything from goa.

jonrossi

Fledgling Freddie
Sunday afternoon!!!!

well there is a shock, why didnt they just say monday the 8th and be done with it.

now i was at school a long time ago, but i am sure the 7th of Sept starts at 00:01, not 15:00 the last time i checked.

ok, so that will be more than half the day gone by the time we get to play OB, i bet the yanks havnt got to wait till the afternoon to play......oh whats that............ they are having another preview weekend....ahhhhhh

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Sunday afternoon!!!!

well there is a shock, why didnt they just say monday the 8th and be done with it.

now i was at school a long time ago, but i am sure the 7th of Sept starts at 00:01, not 15:00 the last time i checked.

ok, so that will be more than half the day gone by the time we get to play OB, i bet the yanks havnt got to wait till the afternoon to play......oh whats that............ they are having another preview weekend....ahhhhhh

Firstly, the afternoon of 7th Sept is still, as far as I'm aware, the 7th Sept. At no point did GOA ever say that the servers would be up at 00:01 on the 7th.

Secondly, we are still getting the service that was promised to us. Our open beta will start on the same day as the US open beta. GOA cannot be held responsible for missing the goal when the goalposts move at the last minute.

It is more important that the work goes into ensuring that everything works as it should when the game goes live, than a couple of days of a preview weekend. Especially since any progress you make over that time is lost in a week anyway.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Headline:

Disgruntled Costumer Continues to Pay for Service!

In other words, If you arent happy with the service GOA have to offer, don't pay them. We aren't making you.
I am happy with the way they have dealt everything so far (a little problem with the flash site still) but GOA stick around and post information on here, despite people like jonrossi continually d00m'ing, and for that I'm very thankful!

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
GOA really hasn't done anything wrong (other than worries over the Flash site and timing of announcements on it).

If and when they do, we can worry about it

Aada

Part of the furniture
Have you guys seen the thread on WAR alliance forums?

called:

EU account Centre MIA.

Seriously one huge mother thread with a lot of angry people and it has got so bad that MJB has replied himself and has promised to look into why the EU Account centre is not up yet and why the lack of communication is happening from GOA to the EU customers.

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
Firstly, the afternoon of 7th Sept is still, as far as I'm aware, the 7th Sept. At no point did GOA ever say that the servers would be up at 00:01 on the 7th.

Heh unfortunately after having had experience of EA's 'released on x date' shenanigans, I am sceptical of all companies these days. In EA's case it was released at 11pm on the day in question ;) (Spore creature creator through the EA download manager, also why I will never again purchase anything through EA's digital delivery btw)

GOA however will have fairly specific contracts with mythic. (With penalty clauses) Beta open on X date. Game ready for paying customers on X date. As long as everything is done according to the specifics of their contract, there isnt anything anyone can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom