New 300 trailer !!!!!!!!!

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
it's le r0x! sounds like the guy from star wars that played Jango Fett
That was Temuera Morrison, scary Maori guy. If you've ever seen Once Were Warriors, his character in that makes Jango Fett look like a pussy.

The shouty Spartan is Gerard Butler who has been in loads of stuff but mostly utter crap.

Iphis

Fledgling Freddie
Looks soooo good cant wait until that hits the cinema :D

Heh its gunna be one of those where you say "pwnd" all the time under your breathe :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
looks the dogs bollocks.. been waiting for this film for a while now :)

not out till september tho? eek!! must be some serious battle scenes to create heh

Nate

FH is my second home
maybe thats like the crazy american way of doing dates where its mm.dd.yyyy

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeha, it will be released 9th mars! :D Its just the US way of f***ing with us EU folks! :(

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Looks nice :) i have always LOVED the story of the 300 strong spartan, sire only unit, making the last stand at Thermopylae.
Spartans were rock hard :p

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Urgluf said:
and frikkin gay

not really :)

There is no records of widespread homosexualty among men, as in the other states. There are no potery at all depicting male homosexuality out of sparta. The male role in sparta was being fit, fighting and sire offspring.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
aha, thanks for correcting me :D

can't wait for this movie.. although I think it will have hard times to match the high expectations

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Urgluf said:
aha, thanks for correcting me :D

can't wait for this movie.. although I think it will have hard times to match the high expectations

Can't really blame you for thinking it. Based on other Greek states :p

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
Speakers on unbearably loud levels, with enough bass to bring down walls.
...well, this trailer sure feels awesome.

emperor_gr

Fledgling Freddie
this movie(trailer) looks... hmm lets see... OH YEAH!.. CRAP!!!

i hate movies about greek history cause historicaly wise they all suck.. non of em is even close to tell the true story so they make em into something more hollywood-likable. you gona say : "dont go to the cinema then its not obligatory"
but as a greek i feel offended by movies such as this..

how would an english historian felt if the next hollywood production was a version of excalibur-arthur history with him and his knights wearing skirts and fighting with dildo swords dancing like gays ??

i defo wont see this movie... i prefer read a book about spartans safe my euro for another movie

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
emperor_gr said:

i hate movies about greek history cause historicaly wise they all suck.. non of em is even close to tell the true story so they make em into something more hollywood-likable. you gona say : "dont go to the cinema then its not obligatory"

how would an english historian felt if the next hollywood production was a version of excalibur-arthur history with him and his knights wearing skirts and fighting with dildo swords dancing like gays ??

i defo wont see this movie... i prefer read a book about spartans safe my euro for another movie

lighten up

Nate

FH is my second home
I don't think these movies try to show the true story, ofc they do hollywood it up. The reason for this is, the true story has all been done before in the classics like I'M SPARTICUS and all that. These new movies stray from the truth to make for better ratings and a more interesting movie to the audience of today.

emperor_gr

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
I don't think these movies try to show the true story, ofc they do hollywood it up. The reason for this is, the true story has all been done before in the classics like I'M SPARTICUS and all that. These new movies stray from the truth to make for better ratings and a more interesting movie to the audience of today.

i dont care m8... it should be viewed as it was and not altered to a point where it sickens me... like the Alexander the great movie . I think i have seen anough movies where "they stray from the truth to make for better ratings and a more interesting movie to the audience of today"

i feel offended and i think other greeks are-will too...

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
emperor_gr said:
i dont care m8... it should be viewed as it was and not altered to a point where it sickens me... like the Alexander the great movie . I think i have seen anough movies where "they stray from the truth to make for better ratings and a more interesting movie to the audience of today"

Every single movie with any old historical ties has been altered to make it more entertaining.
Arthur, Troy, Alexander, 13th warrior, 300, Spartacus, Kingdom of heaven. Don't like it? go watch a documentary. Sometimes i'd prefer they stuck to the facts aswell. But movies are entertainment, and exaggerating or spinning the truth is usually more entertaining.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
emperor_gr said:

this movie is not based on the real life story of spartans at thermolypae. its based on the graphic novel 300, which is based on the real life story of the 300 spartans. notice the difference

Ezteq

Queen of OT
emperor_gr said:

aaah alexander lol i watched about ooh um 15 mins before i had to run out of the room and wash my eyes, there was a fantastic story which was true and they changed it to holliwood it and made it crap, that did make me sick.

however the 300 afaik is just a fantasy movie using spartan soliders as a base a bit like the king arthur movies where the celts are all brunettes Oo.

Tbh i thought the 300 movie looked awsome and as a huge sin city fan i am greatly looking foward to it, but i think a movie genuinely based on real spartan life would also be great because they were some real die hard tough nuts (i remember one story where a wounded almost dead spartan managed to crawl home and his mother greeted him by lifting her skirts and yelling "you wanyt to crawl back inside?.. why didnt you die in battle!!!").

factual films though only work if they are done well you take a movie like alexander and butcher the story imo its equal to murder.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
this movie is not based on the real life story of spartans at thermolypae. its based on the graphic novel 300, which is based on the real life story of the 300 spartans. notice the difference

naw, not on the real life story of 300 Spartans, but on the story Herodot made of the real life story of those spartans ;)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Cylian said:
naw, not on the real life story of 300 Spartans, but on the story Herodot made of the real life story of those spartans ;)
yeah, if you read the graphic novel that becomes clear

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
as already mentioned, greek guy, read up on the film first, and anyone who watches a movie to learn some history ought to be shot, sadly :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Huntingtons said:
as already mentioned, greek guy, read up on the film first, and anyone who watches a movie to learn some history ought to be shot, sadly :(

right, so anyone who's got a problem to read should be shot because of that?

thats like saying "anyone who havent personally experienced said historical moments should be shot"... pretty much just as insane as your comment ;)

>.<

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
don't want to think about how many people consider things from a movie as "facts" nowadays. :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Cylian said:
don't want to think about how many people consider things from a movie as "facts" nowadays. :p

theres still movies out there thats historically accurate. nothing from hollywood tho ;)

Discovery channel makes loads and loads of em for instance, same with the history channel.

then u can always argue if they should be labeled as "movies" or not but thats not really that important....

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
300 said:
300 against a million

Its crap like that that really pisses me off, I mean it completely changes the whole idea behind that battle, which is really just an insult to the people they are supposed to be making a film about (and anyone who says "but it was based on a book which was based on the battle" is missing the point). Sorry Hollywood, while there were 300 spartans, their were a total of about 7000 Greeks against about 200,000 Persians (as far as moden historians can best tell).

Oh, and Blackjack, in the Spartan barracks, where every boy had to go at the age of 7, they were encouraged to be gay with the other boys, as this was thought to create closer bonds between them when they had to fight next to each other in the phalanx. There is even evidence that Sparta encouraged lesbianism amoungst the women as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom