Networking Qualifications

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Ello peeps,

Im going back to college part time september to try to further my ever boring career :m00:, I was woundering what Quals are mostly recognised in the world of Networking? :wub:

Chilly

Balls of steel
the Cisco and the MS certified engineer* are a couple of the more popular qualifications for networking. Cisco certification is by far superior to the MS training, and also a fuckload more expensive, but it will get you a job no problem. The exams for the MS cert cost nearly a grand iirc, thats not including any training or learning materials which you might or might not need (obviously its all on the net somewhere).
I dont know how much the cisco is but its a lot more, several thousand I think, but not sure.

*also known as a crock of shit

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks m8 ill take a look. Most things i know are a crock of shit anyhoot, so i may as well add to the pile ;)

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Technical

Cisco Academy Programme CCNA Schedule

The CISCO Networking Academy teaches students the skills needed to design, build, and maintain small office networks up to larger intranets. This provides the opportunity to enter the workforce and/or further their education and training in the computer network field.

The course is delivered through a mixture of on line learning materials, tutorials and practical hands on sessions in a purpose built networking laboratory.

Technical

Cisco Networking Introduction (CCNA 1&2 ver 3) Schedule

The CISCO Networking Academy teaches students the skills needed to design, build, and maintain small office networks up to larger intranets. This provides the opportunity to enter the workforce and / or further their education and training in the computer network field.

The course is delivered through a mixture of on line learning materials, tutorials and practical hands on sessions in a purpose built networking laboratory. Although an introduction to Cisco networking this course covers half of the CCNA qualification being comprised of semesters 1 and 2.

Cheers m8, ill be looking into these :clap: mucho appriciated.

Clown

Part of the furniture
CCNA is real basic, I doubt anyone cares if you have that. I quit that and got a real job.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Check your local FE colleges if you want CCNA stuff.

Some colleges cut a deal so they can offer CCNA curriculum on their City & Guilds qualifications. Essentially CCNA will not be funded by the government so the college bundles it as a city and guilds 720 in networking or something like that and you get a free voucher to take the full ccna exam at your local training partner afterwards.

It's not available everywhere so don't expect your local fe college to do it - I only know about it cos I have been on the ccna at a college (2 nights a week for 2 years - £800 as opposed to lots more)

The CCNA might be basic but if you have no or little network experience it makes a great base for further courses. It will also open the door to quite a few network engineering jobs.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom