Network Problems

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
Hi , need a bit of help if possible .

I've got 2 comps linked through LAN cable .

Main ( gateway ) is an AMD 2200+ , 1gig ddr 400 , ADSL Connexant chipset PCI card , Abit NF7S MB , Radeon ATI 9600 pro 128

the other is an old AMD 750 , 750 mb Sdram , GF4MX 440 , tBase10/100 ethernet adapter .

The problem i'm having is when i'm running both comps on the net my Main ( gateway ) comp ( ICS job ) wil run ok for a while , then i get blue screen of death with :-

IRQL_Equals _Not_Less_Or_Greater_Than

its giving the error in " Nvenet.sys " which i'm guessing is my Onboard Lan controller on the NF7S mb .

Now i only get this when the other comp is on and connected to the net and dl , or logged in on second account etc .

Doesn't happen any other time .

I've updated MB drivers and Bios , dx is 9.0b , soundcard is latest drivers , using latest cats .

Both comps are running fully upto date WinXp , and drivers .

Have tried with and without firewalls running and it doesn't affect it at all.

Anyone got any suggestions , grateful for any help given .

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Buy a PCI Nic. Doubt you will sort this if you dont.

Athan

Resident Freddy
What *IS* it some people have against onboard stuff ? Or is there some specific known problem with the NIC chipset on that motherboard ? The Realtek onboard NIC on mine has worked fine (including hammering 100MBps xover full duplex to/from my server machine).

There may be some BIOS options that can be tweaked about it, or maybe better drivers to use. HAVE you Googled yet ?

-Ath

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom